Too Much For One Day

Kiss Your Aching Heart

Will you listen to what I say?

 


Chapter 2 – Too Much For One Day

 

 

            I was running late for my class and the college was so big, I was easily lost. Something in the back of my head was telling me that I should’ve left earlier but of course I didn’t listen and just went with the flow. Now I was frantically searching through Block B to find my department but to no avail. Sweat formed on the temples of my forehead as I dipped my head to look into the empty classrooms. Just as I was about to scream out in frustration, a figure at the end of the hallway caught my attention.

            It was a young man, who looked around my age as he read a thick novel in his hand while leaning against the wall. I quickly fastened my pace and strutted over to him, in hopes that he will be able to help me. As I near the dark haired boy I couldn’t help but find him extremely familiar. Why do I feel as though I’ve met him before?

            “Excuse me” I called out a bit uncomfortably. I never did like interaction with others, especially males.

            “Yes?” he lifted his head to meet my eyes and for a brief moment I thought I saw a hint of shock.

            “Um, I was wondering if you can guide me towards Department KW?” I asked but the boy just continued to stare blankly as I shifted in my place and awaited an answer.

            “Hello?” I asked, waving my hand in front of his face. He snapped back to reality and cleared his throat.

            “S-Sorry” he mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly as he stepped forward.

            “Um, I can walk you there if you don’t mind?” he said with a friendly smile. I just nodded and kept a straight face, allowing him to lead the way.

            As we walked in silence I tried figuring out where I’ve seen him before… he looked like someone I knew… but…who? I hadn’t realised how quickly we had arrived at the designated area and before I knew it he was already bowing and proceeding to walk away. My body and mouth had a mind on its own as I called out to him.

            “Um Wait!” I said a little too loudly. He turned and gave me a questioning look.

            “Yes?” he asked.

            “Um… this may sound weird but… do I know you?” I asked feeling stupid after asking the question. His lips parted as he chuckled and looked at me once more.

            “You’ll figure it out soon, Jiyeon-ssi” he smiled and with that he left, disappearing around the corner.

            I stood there rooted to me spot. He knew my name…? I didn’t remember telling him my name though… but his laugh and smile. Why does that remind me of…

            “Taemin…?” I muttered to myself in shock as my bag slipped from my hand and my books went tumbling to the floor. Oh god…
 

 

            It was Taemin…? I didn’t want to believe it… why was he here? Did he study here or… but… oh god, what if Jongin finds out? Oh god… he must not find out… but, I don’t want to hide things from him. I hurried out of the class when it was finished and made my way to the open area near the cafeteria and resting place for students. Stretching my neck I looked out for Luhan and the others but I only found Suho and Lay in a conversation. I marched over and took a seat next to Suho with a sigh.

            “Hey Jiyeon” they greeted me and I smiled nervously. They seemed to have noticed because they sent me a confused look.

            “Is something wrong?” they asked.

            “Um… a little… where is Jongin?” I asked.

            “I think he’s still in classes, do you want us to send him a message?” Suho asked. I gulped and pressed my temples.

            “I’d rather not. I have some things to sort out, please don’t tell Jongin anything” I said in barely a whisper.

            “Can we ask why?” Lay asked.

            “I don’t want to hurt him. I need to find time before I can bring up any matters” I said as they nodded slowly.

            “We understand… but won’t Jongin get suspicious?”  They asked. I groaned and stood.

            “I hope not, I have to g—ouch!” I hissed as I felt my body being pushed onto the floor and my head banged into the concrete bench where Suho sat.

            “Oh my god! Jiyeon!” Suho gasped before helping me up. I rubbed the spot and groaned out loud before looking up to see the last person on my wish-list.

            “Oh, Jiyeon-ssi, I didn’t see you there” that voice; that one and only annoying voice.

            “Lee Saeli” Lay growled and stalked over to her.

            “What do you think you’re doing?” he hissed as I tried balancing myself with Suho’s help.

            “I was simply minding my own business when she bumped into me” her voice went up about 3 annoying octaves as she blinked her eyes at him. I snorted and pulled Lay back.

            “Don’t worry about it Lay-ssi” I said and glared at her.

            We left her standing there like a retard as we walked away. By the time we turned the block of the school and entered the hallway I found myself breathing properly again. Why god? Why? First Jinyoung, now Saeli? What are they doing here? I chewed on my lip as I paced up and down. What was going on? I need to find Jinyoung…

            “Jiyeon” Suho called me and I looked at him, my eyebrows clearly knotted together nervously.

            “What’s going on?” he asked.

            “I… don’t even know” I answered truthfully.

            “—” he proceeded to speak but I cut him off.

            “I have to go” I said and rushed off.

 

 

            My feet brought me to the garden at the back of the school where I settled myself beneath one of the trees on a bench. I inhaled deeply and tried to calm myself. So many things were rushing through my head, Jongin… I want to talk to you… I need to tell you something… I really do love him… but how can I tell him about my past if he doesn’t want to know. But then if I don’t tell him, more problems are going to arise and then I’ll really be a dead duck!

            His brown eyes that search my own when he firmly holds me close to him, so close that my heartbeat and his clashes together so perfectly, a romantic melody is formed. Like a flute in the middle of a sunflower field, I can hear his voice calling my name, just before he leans in to smile that dazzling smile of his. His touch is enough to cure my wounds, his love is enough to brighten my dark soul, and his kiss is enough to cure my aching heart. He himself is enough to make me breathe life as a feather of perfection. Nothing can compare to the way he cares for me, every day I pull away from reality and escape into a something dream-like, a secret escape called Kim Jongin.

            Even if I were to block him away, shut him off, his love calls me back to him, it knocks away that wall and touches me again, showering me with affection and adoration. I can’t help that I want to melt into his arms, fall into his embrace and never get up. Urgh. Yunha was right, I am lovesick.

 

            “How long has it been?” a voice creeped up from behind me. I turned to look at the person. At once I felt my stomach churn as I saw their face.

            “Taemin?” I whispered.

            “2 years?” he asked and I just remained quiet as I looked away.

 

            “Why are you here?” I asked after a moment of silence.

            “Besides going to school here, I’m actually not sure. Why are you here?” he asked.

            “It’s my first year here” I replied bluntly.

            “You’ve grown so much… I remember when you were ready to beat up everyone” he chuckled and I turned to glare at him.

            “I’ve changed” I said coldly.

            “I can definitely see that” he said with a smile.

            “I’m leaving” I stood but he spoke once more.

            “Do you still like me?” he asked.

            I froze in my tracks, my heart raced and I immediately regretted coming here in the first place. His question caught me off guard and I wished I could disappear right now. I remained silent and I could feel his eyes on me at the back of my head. No. I don’t like him anymore. I never did like him that way… at least I thought I did but after he left, I realised it was merely admiration that I felt towards him. It wasn’t love. I just wanted his company and I wanted him to compliment me and fatten my ego, like an older brother spoiling his sister. I never loved him.

            I realised we stood there for over a few minutes and I finally turned to look at him. His eyes were peering at me with such pain; I wondered what went through his mind. Shaking the thoughts from my head, I cleared my throat and looked away.

            “No, I don’t. I don’t like you anymore than I did when we first met the day you help me to my class. Which reminds me, thank you very much Taemin-ssi” I said and bowed before walking away.

            “Are you really going to be this way Jiyeon?” he asked. I stopped once more.

            “I don’t know what you’re talking about” I said and before he could speak anymore I walked away.

 

 

            My feet brought me to an empty area of the school’s garden. There weren’t many students there, only a few who were just relaxing quietly. I planted myself near the fountain and closed my eyes. Too afraid a tear would escape my eyes; I reopened my eyes and sighed to myself. It was true and I wasn’t going to deny it, Taemin once held a special place in my heart and I did miss him when he left but I soon got over it. There were no leftover feelings for him at all and I'm glad it’s that way! The only person I loved was Kim Jongin, and I'm hoping it stays that way.

            “Hey y” speaking of the devil... I looked up as Jongin sat next to me with a smile.

            “Can I help you Mr Annoying?” I asked playfully as he chuckled.

            “I’m hurting” he said with a pained expression. I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

            “What? Where?” I asked, looking around his body for an injury.

            “Here, kiss it better” he said while pointing to his lips. Realising he was teasing me again; I glared and lifted my hand to slap his shoulder.

            “Go away” I shoved him lightly but he just laughed and grabbed my wrist, lifting my hand to his lips before kissing my knuckles.

            “Do you know why there are spaces between your fingers?” he asked and I shook my head.

            “So that that my fingers can fit perfectly between them” he said interlocking our hand as he grinned cheekily. I groaned and shuddered.

            “You’re so corny, you can make cornmeal” I scoffed before laughing.

            “Still waiting for my kiss” he pouted.

            “And you will kept waiting” I teased.