Hiding from the She-devil

Regrets and Do overs

 

   I woke up, surprisingly contented. Was it because letting out all the feelings I had bottled for so many years to someone who cared to listen or was it because I haven't had a family-like dinner in years? I quickly changed and hopped out of the house before Mari couldn't even say 'Good morning.' I waved when I saw Luhan emerge from his house. He rubbed his eyes in exhaustion.

"Well, don't you look charming?" I gestured towards his messy bed head. He patted it down, but his hair refuses to be suppressed and sprung back to its messy formation.

"Oh, shut it," he said groggily and opened his mouth wide. 

   -Yawn-

"What made you all grumpy?" Luhan glared at me and jabbed his finger at my arm. I yelped and rubbed my arm

"It is all your fault," I looked at him in disbelief.

"What did I do now?"

"I spent last night honing my skills in Street Fighter." I bursted out laughing, causing the older male to jab me once more.

"I never knew you were competitive," I mumbled. Luhan turned back to face me.

"You learn something new each day,"

"Sheesh, I never knew you were such a grumpy old man in the morning." I pouted. I swore I spied a hint of a smirk plastered on the older male's face.

"Like I said, something new everyday," he finally broke out a chuckle. I smiled.

"I miss my nice and docile Lulu," I exaggerated a sigh. He laughed and raised his eyebrows. God, I love his laugh.

"Yours?"

"Yes, mine~" I pinched his cheek before dashing off. I didn't have to turn around to know that he was running after me. His steps pounded against the pavement. I let out a small giggle. Like a bull, chasing a red flag. By the time we reached school, Luhan had reverted back to a nicer him. We waved goodbye and went our separate ways.

I sighed and glanced back up at the clock. 2:59. Hasn't it been 2:59 the past ten minutes? Today passed by so slowly. I slumped back on my chair, listening to my teacher drone on about the wonders of electrons. Everyone sat at the edge of their seats, armed and ready to run for the door the minute the bell rings.

RING!

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

   Luhan swung his legs back and forth as I checked the newly returned books in. I glanced up and went back to my work.

"You don't have to stay, you know right?" Luhan's finger stopped in mid-motion. He had preoccupied himself with a Rubik's cube I had found in the storage room.

"I know," I glanced up again. The older male had no intention of budging from the counter top  A smile crept onto my face. It was nice...like this. No words needed. His long, slender fingers began to move again and the clicking rhythm of the cube settles in. A few minutes later, I stood up and took a pile of books under my arm.

"I'm just going to shelf these and then I'll take you up on that bubble tea you owed me." Luhan glanced up, bewildered. He hopped off the counter and fetched his wallet. As I walked away, Luhan mumbled.

"I cannot afford anything after this," I rolled my eyes even though Luhan could not see the notion. I walked up to the first shelf and arranged the books.

"Patterson, Patterson," my eyes traveled back and forth. I looked up and saw my target. I stood at tip of my toes and reached the book over...curse my small dwarfish height. "Luhan, could you go into the storage room and get the small ladder?" I yelled over my shoulder. I heard a muffled 'yes.' Feet thumped to the ground as Luhan hopped off the counter. He went behind the counter to the storage room and opened the wooden door.

"Ladder~" he spotted it, propped up at the back of the room. Something glinted and caught his eye. Luhan looked up to see the sun's rays reflecting off something on top of a dusty old box on the highest shelf. 'what's that?'  He took the ladder under his arm and propped it in the shelf. Luhan stuck his hand into the box and grabbed a hold of something cold. He yelped at the sudden temperature drop and his feet slipped from the rung of the ladder. Luhan tried to steady himself but caught a hold of the dusty box and fell back.

BAM!

   I looked about wildly. What the hell was that? From the front of the room, I heard a muffled cry of pain and some more things dropping onto the floor.

"Luhan?" I peeked into the storage room and gasped at the condition of the room. Long forgotten boxes fell onto the ground spilling various books and trinkets. Dust flew everywhere, finding new places to cling on. An arm stuck out from under the masive pile of books and boxes.

"LUHAN?!" I dropped onto my knees and threw books behind me. I grabbed his arm and pulled him out.

"Pwuah!" He shot straight up, his hair full of dust. His bewildered eyes widened at the mess he made. Luhan looked at me with apologetic eyes and rubbed the nape of his slender neck. "I'll clean this, don't worry."

"Oh no, you don't. You're going straight to the infirmary." Luhan looked like he was about to say no when I glared at him. I stood up straighter to make myself seems taller. "Hardcover books fell on your head. Go and check with the nurse before you get a brain injury. I'll clean up here." I pushed him towards the doorway before he could protest his way out. I sighed and roll up my sleeves. "Time to get to work."

   I wiped off the sweat forming on my forehead. I had put everything back on the shelves, even dusted off the dust, and finished shelving the books. I glanced at my watch.

"Better close up," as I was about to close the door, something large dashed in. I yelped at the sudden movement and jumped back. A slightly tanned male with his jet black hair swept right above his eyes, crouching in exhaustion. "Umm, I'm closin-" he grabbed my arm and pulled me to him. The younger male placed his hand over my mouth.

"Shh, I'll get out as soon as I can. Meanwhile, let me hide here?" He quickly whispered. I was about to question this suspicious young man when a girl screamed just outside the room.

"Kai!" The younger male flinched. "Honey!" He looked at me with pleading eyes. To be honest, I may have melted a bit...just a bit.

"Jebal," His breath tickled the nape of my neck. Small shivers ran through my body. I nodded, not uttering a sound. I pointed towards the storage room and pulled him there. He quietly opened the door and slipped in, dragging me with him. My eyes widened as he pulled me close to him. His strong arms enveloped in an embrace and place his index finger on his mouth.

"Kai, baby. Are you here?" As the girl entered the library, realization struck me as to why her voice sounded somewhat familiar. Kimi's footsteps thumped closer and closer. Kai unconsciously  in his breath, waiting. After what felt like eternity, Kimi's footsteps became softer and softer as she turned and left the room. I pulled on my arm which was still being gripped tightly by the younger male. I reached out for the door.

"What are you doing?" Kai hissed, dragging my hand back. I turned around and raised my eyebrows.

"One, I'm going to check if the coast is clear. Two, I didn't have to hide," I put my free hand on my waist, waiting for Kai to let go. He hesitated and looked down. "Look, I have nothing to gain by sacrificing another victim to the she-devil," A hint of amusement brightened his dark hazel eyes and he dropped his hand from my arm. I smiled to assure him and peeked out the doorway. The library was quiet and void of all signs of life. I walked out, softly and glanced out the library to the hallway. Sure enough, Kimi was gone. I went back to the storage room. "She's gone, you're free," His smile reached up high and his eyes narrowed into perfect crescents.

"Thanks," He whispered as he brushed past me. I smiled and stepped out of his way. He ran past me and down to the exit of the school. I may have just saved the life of the school's number one kingka.

 

 

--------------Author's Note--------------

Finally, the romance! the drama!

LOL

but seriously, I hope I can get this fic back to it's cheerful self

because it's too dark for my liking

MAN

All my great ideas are always in the middle or the end of the story.

I'm so bad with intros

-cries-

Have a compilation of Kai smiles that will melt your heart, eyes and ovaries