Pilot

Regrets and Do overs

 

Beep beep!

   I opened an eye, drowsily. Augh, it's a Monday. I threw my covers to the side and swung my legs off the bed.

"Morning," I said as I walked down the stairs. Hah, of course no one's going to answer. They all just can't stand me. There's a note on top of a plastic covered plate on the table.

'Here's breakfast. Sorry, we had to leave before you.

- Mom Mari'

   I stared hard at the scratched out word. 'Mom'...why is she trying so hard when my actual mom is fighting for custody over me. I'll probably won't be here for long...I hope. I sighed and started to get dressed for school.

I made sure that everything is locked and started to walk slowly to school. School was never fun. It's just a meeting place for demons. I don't even have a single friend in that god forsaken place. Now, now, before any of you think if me as an unsociable person...I'm not. I'm just everyone's target. The person who started all of this, is Kang Ki Mi, the queen of all queenkas and master of all the boy toys in this city.

"Yah! Loser!" Aughh, speak of the she-devil.  I turned around to face her and realized that I was already at the entrance of the school. Why is it that when you want time to slow down, it speeds up instead? Her look alike minions were smirking.

"Yes?" I said looking at her. All those years, Kang Ki Mi had bullied me, I never cried in front of her. I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of seeing me cry. I didn't cry when she blamed me for everything she did wrong. Not even when she snatched and wrapped my loved ones around her finger. Kimi's face contorted in annoyance.

"You're in my way,” And with that, she pushed off the stairs and into the mud. Aishh, there goes my clothes. I'll have to clean it before anyone else gets home. I shuddered at the thought of the consequences of getting caught.

"Ahahahaha are you cold? Aren't you going to start to cry? Hahaha Beni's gonna cry,” she mocked me while I struggled to get up only to be pushed by one of her minions. One day I, Seol Be Ni, will be ripping your guts out and having the last laugh. I clenched my fist, nails digging deep in my palm.

"Oh my, I was just thinking about how hot it was, thanks for the douse!" I said, forcing the most angelic smile I could conjure up at the moment. Kimi’s eyes flashed with rage. She is not used to people standing up to her…even if this counts as standing up.

“Let’s go,” she glared at me for one last time before leaving. Her minions waddled after her.

“Mehrong,” I stuck my tongue out after them. I tried to dry my clothes as best I can and turned around to grab my bag…wait, where is my bag? I began frantically searching for it.

“Here,” I looked up, shocked. Why you ask? That’s because no one, absolutely no one talks to me. They are under the assumption that if they talk to me, that they will be their targets too. They stay away from me and I stay away from them. I looked up and met the most doe like eyes I have ever seen in my whole life. They just seem to…twinkle. A baby faced guy was holding out my bag. His golden brown hair sweeping just above his eyes as he let out a sincere angelic smile. My heart thumped…just little.

“Ah, thanks-“

Ring ring ring!

   The school bell rang, signalling the start of classes. I turned around, hoping to ask for him name, only to see him running down the field and waving.

“You’re welcome!” He yelled from across the field. He was running further and further away from school. I giggled as he frantically looked at his surroundings. He must be new, I went to help him out. A teacher came over to talk to him and dragged him in the building. This will probably be the last I see of him.

------------------------------------------------------------

“Seol Beni!” I flinched as the teacher roared at my face. Sheesh, couldn’t you eat some mints or even make an effort on brushing your teeth once in a while? Boy, it was so tempting to wipe his spit off my face in front of him, but of course I can’t because that will be disrespecting the teacher. Disrespect, my behind. “What are you doing, dripping mud and water all over the floor?” His forehead vein popping.

“I’m sorry, while walking today, a dirty dog ran my way. As I was trying to get out of its way, I tripped and fell,” I looked at Kimi while I said ‘dirty dog’, she glared at me and pursed her lips.

“Clumsy girl, clean this up!” He pointed towards the janitor’s closet. Kimi was smirking in the background. Why didn’t I tell on her? Simply, because she has everyone falling for her good girl act and has them wrapped around her finger. Trust me, I tried telling them the truth and guess where that landed me? Suspension. For lying. What kind of reason is that? Aishh, just thinking about that makes me want to spear the mop through her heart. Kimi walked past me to go to the ‘bathroom’ and pinched me on your arm. I winced.

“Poor Cinderella~” I smirked at her stupidity.

“Really? So I’m the prettier one? I’ll get the prince and laugh while you suffer? FANTASTIC!” I flashed her a grin and clapped. She realized her mistake, pinched me again and stomped off. That’s what you get, B- ahem, witch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

   I walked cautiously into the cafeteria. I looked around for spitball, oranges, wrapper flying my way. There was absolutely none. Okay, this was weird. I sat down and started to eat. I stayed alert to dodged anything that flies my way but I was safe for the entire lunch period. Wow, this will be the first time I get to go home not being black and blue and totally sore-free. My anxiety was getting to me so I quickly stuffed everything in my mouth and made a mad dash towards the library. I sighed happily as I stepped in the library, taking in the sight of all these wonderful worlds I could escape to right now. Should I go into a triller or a romantic world today? I chose my favourite classic book, ‘Alice in the Wonderland,’ and sat by the window.

“Ahaha, are you even a guy?” I closed my book and looked out the window at the soccer field. A group of students formed a circle around the poor unfortunate soul and was kicking him. I saw flashes of golden brown hair and the frantic doe like eyes. It was the guy from earlier. I…better not get involve…it won’t be good for him or for me…

 

 

 

Screw it.

   I threw the book back in the shelf and ran towards the field. As I got closer, I heard him whimper as they kicked him in his guts. I looked around but everyone else turned around and just ignored it. I clenched my fist and then did something that I never really thought I would do. The guy kicking him fell back as the force of my punch to his nose hit him. He looked at me shocked. They never thought that a girl could hit that hard…they never thought that their target would fight back. Phew, guess those late night gaming sessions paid out. I ran to shield the injured boy from another kick.

“Oof,” I yelped as the force of his kick threw me off the injured guy.

“Hey, what is going on here?” A teacher yelled out.

“Oh !” The bullies dispersed and ran in several different directions. I got up, painfully, and grabbed the injured guy’s hand.

“Come on!” I pulled him up to his feet and dragged him to the back woods of the school. We stood there, leaning on the tree, and panting.

“Why did you help me?” He looked at me with apologetic eyes.

“You helped me earlier this morning,” I smiled, weakly.

“I just picked your bag up, you…you almost got yourself hurt out there!”

“It seems that I’m impulsive,” I smiled sheepishly at him.

“Seems!?” He almost yelled.

“Aish, a single thank would have sufficed,” He flinched and bowed.

“Sorry and thank you,”

“Um, you don’t have to bow, you know? Come on, lift your head up, sheesh,” He stood back up smiling. Unconsciously, I smiled back. “I’m Seol Beni,” I stretched my hand out.

“I’m Xi Luhan,” He smiled, making my heart beat thump against my chest.

 

 

---------------Author's Note------------

welp

Let's start things out slow with their first meeting xD

pffffttttt oh yeah, Luhan isn't part of EXO yet.

He also isn't 22 years old here, he's 18 right now as well as Beni

:)

kay I'm going to go to sleep now, or else I'll collaspe on my meyboard.

Have a Luhan!