Let's try to put the past behind us.

Regrets and Do overs

 

“Ah-“I choked over my voice. Luhan motioned for me to open my window. Against that little tiny voice in my head that told me not to open window, I opened the latch and swung open the window.

“Wanna play Street Fighter?” He held up his copy of the PS3 game. Against my better judgement, I nodded. He held out his hand through the window. I grabbed it and jumped across. I lost my footing and crashed into Luhan's chest. I don't know if it was the force of the crash or the incident that just happened, that finally broke me. Tears fell as I pushed away from Luhan.

"Sorry, I-I-" Luhan wiped the tears off my eyes with his finger.

"It's fine, you can talk later. If you want to cry, then cry," I didn't hold it in any longer. Ugly sobs shook my body, as I clenched Luhan's shirt. He petted my head and murmured comforting words as I wallow in my sadness.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He quietly whispered.

"Tell you what?"

"About Kimi...about her being your sis-"

"Step,"

"About her being your stepsister," I looked up.

"It would be the same as acknowledging her." My fingernails dug deep into my palms.

"Was your family always like this?" I flinched at the harshness of the question. I turned around. "I'm sorry...I guess you don't want to talk about it..." I shook my head.

"I do. You don't know how much I want to tell, to rant, to cry to someone....I really do...but," I looked at him, eye to eye. "But, who should I trust?" Luhan thought for a moment and sat down on his carpeted floor. He beckoned for me to sit next to him.

"I know how you feel. There are just some things that I want to let out too." He looked me. "I trust you, and I want you to trust me"

"...Why?"

"Because we're friends,"

"I mean...why do you trust me?" Luhan looked at me, and smiled.

"I told you, because we're friends. And if Jaehyun, who's so distrustful of strangers, trusts you...I feel I can too," Luhan can feel my hesitation and put his hand on top of my clenched fist. "Should I tell you why I moved?" I looked at him, eyebrows raised.

"As much as I hate to admit it...I'm quite attractive,"

"Is this part of the story or are you just complimenting yourself?" He laughed sadly.

"I wish I was just complimenting myself...this face has bought too much trouble to me and my mom," I frowned, mainly because he sounded so narssitic. Luhan looked towards the window. "Back home, a lot of girls apparently liked me. They went as far as to even stalk me...." He clenched his fists. "We moved so many times, I lost count. My mom decided to enroll me to an all-boys school. I was more than happy to attend it. But...those girl-deprived boys saw me as a target. In their sick minded eyes, I was the closest thing to a girl in that filthy, wretched school. Hah, I was starting to think that those girls who stalked me weren't as bad as these guys." I looked up and saw his teary eyes water. His hand unconsciously moved his arm and he winced.

"What's wrong?" He smiled sadly and rolled his sleeves up. A gasp escaped my horrified mouth as I hovered my finger over a long brown scar on his arm. He shivered under my touch. "Does it hurt?" He shook his head.

"No....haha," He started to laugh and I looked up at him, confused. "I thought it only happens in dramas, but someone in reality would actually do it,"

"What do you mean?"

"He told me that if he can't have me, no one could and lunged at me with a freaking knife in his hand," He stopped laughing, but his whole body was shaking. He cried silently, his shoulders bobbing up and down, as he recalled that horrible day.

"Stop, don't talk about it anymore," He kept on crying. He looked so broken under the light of the setting sun. I leaned over and enveloped his crying body close in my arms. I did the same things he did. I patted his head and murmured comforting words. He curled up in a little ball in my arms. "My life's story isn't as traumatizing as yours," He had it worse than I did. "Mine's your typical broken family. Dad cheated, mom left, the woman he cheated with moved in with her demonic offspring and her demonic offspring has hated me ever since."

"Where's your mom now?" Luhan regained his composure and sat straight back up.

"I don't know. She calls once in a while but...that's it. I haven't seen her face in 8 years. She always tells me that she'll come get me soon. Hah, when exactly is soon?"

"Is that why you haven't left that house?"

"I'm still clutching on the stupid hope that if I leave, she couldn't find me anymore. Besides, I'm can't live on my own yet." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Kay then, enough depressing stories. How about a round of that street fighter I promised you?" He reached over and pulled out another controller. I grabbed it from his outstretched hand. He grinned a grin that would have girls swooning over him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"ASSA!" I threw my hands in the air, as a big red 'K.O.' decorated the screen. Luhan looked at me in wonder. "Ten straight wins! You, my friend, owe me some cupcakes and bubble tea" Luhan groaned as he remembered our deal. If I won all ten rounds, he would treat me to cupcakes and bubble tea.

"What's all the racket?" Luhan's mom peeked in the room. Her eyes widened as she saw who was accompanying his son on making a racket. "Beni?"

"Err, good evening?" I stood back. My face turned deep red when a loud growling sound emitted from my stomach. Luhan came to the rescue...whilst laughing.

"Mom, do we have room for one more for dinner?" Luhan's mom slyly grinned.

"Why yes, we do." She motioned for us to go downstairs. We spent the rest of the evening dodging the questions Luhan's mom fired at us.

"Thanks for dinner, Auntie Karin," she smiled back. She had told me to drop the formalities.

"Come back soon. It's been a while since we had a chaotic and lively dinner,"

"I'll take you home," I flashed Luhan a panicked glance. He remembered right away what I was afraid of. "Oh, I think you may have left something in my room." He grabbed my hand and pulled me back upstairs.

"Thanks for today...I feel much better after talking to you," I said as I climbed up the railing of his window.

"Me too. Come over anytime, I still need to redeem myself in street fighter," he chuckled. I jumped across and landed on my bed. I smiled back at him.

"Night," I waved to him.

'How am I going to explain to mom on why Beni suddenly disappeared from my room?' Luhan ran his hand through his golden brown hair and sighed. He stole a glance at the shadow behind the curtains and simply smiled.

 

--------------Author's Note--------------

HMMM

HMMM

I feel like this fic is kinda dark...

but I got most of the dark stuff out now...probably xD

I can't wait to put the ROMANCE in

I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT

It's going to be all fluffly, cheesy greasy and shizz

YES