between chocolates and roses

Snoopy and the Llama

 

drabble five; between chocolates and roses

genre: fluff

 

description: Amber hates Valentine’s Day, but Henry doesn’t.

 

preview:

 

“Yeobo~”

 

“What are you, forty?”

 

 


 

 

Amber groans, rolling over in bed.

 

She’d honestly rather have a schedule today, but Soo Man was feeling particularly lovey-dovey this year, and let all the SM idols have a day to go see their supposedly nonexistent dates.

 

Not that Amber doesn’t have a date; she does. She’s just not sure if that makes her distaste for the holiday any better or worse.

 

With a sigh, she climbs out of bed, her hair sticking up at odd angles. She’s not at all surprised to find that the entire dorm is empty; all the other girls had plans today. Krystal’s off to be with her “mysterious” boyfriend (aka Minho), Luna and Sulli are double-dating with Onew and Taemin (“friends just hanging out together who happen to be two boys and two girls,” Luna clarifies), and Victoria’s shopping with Zhou Mi (Amber still doesn’t think that qualifies as a date, but whatever).

 

As for Amber, she technically has plans too. But that’s only because she knows Henry so well, and this day is just asking for an explosion of cheesiness from Henry.

 

The front door slams open and Amber tiredly makes her way towards the entrance of the dorm, running her hands through her hair in hopes of matting it down. She already knows it’s Henry, probably with a bouquet of roses (“No Henry,” Amber had told him last year. “It’s not like twenty thousand roses is highly suspicious or anything.”).

 

He usually makes it up to her with a box of chocolates. It’s about the only thing Amber can stand about Valentine’s Day.

 

“Yeobo~” He calls, dropping the flowers off on the kitchen table and beaming at her. “Happy Valentine’s Day!” He gives her such a heart-meltingly adorable smile that Amber barely manages to make her usual comeback:

 

“What are you, forty? Calling me ‘yeobo’...” Amber grumbles, but still succumbs to his bear hug. He swings her around a bit and she squeals, laughing as he put her back down on the ground.

 

“Would you rather me call you sweetheart? Baby? Love of my life?” He smirks when her cheeks tint up a light pink color as he switches into English. She swats at him and peers past his shoulder to the table where he’d left the roses, looking for the chocolate. He laughs, pulling her onto the couch so she’s in his lap, her head on his chest. Amber still can’t figure out why her cheeks are getting red when he’s done this so many times before.

 

“Chocolate’s here, Amb.” He pulls out a small box and she dives for it, wriggling out of her place to sit beside him instead of on him. He pouts but lets her, a content smile on his face as he watches her pry the lid of the box open, and pop a chocolate in .

 

“Do you still hate Valentine’s Day?” Henry chuckles, and she elbows him in response. “Aw,” he whines. “Valentine’s Day is great. I don’t know why you don’t like it.”

 

She shrugs, picking up another piece of chocolate. Amber glances at him and can tell he’s sulking, even though it looks like he’s just spacing out, staring aimlessly around the dorm.

 

Hesitantly, she pokes his cheek. It’s been four years now and she’s barely managed to reciprocate after all of his almost sickeningly sweet actions. She figures it’s about time she did something in return, and when he turns back to look at her, his eyebrows raised, she gives him a small peck on the lips to surprise him. His mouth drops open in a little “o” shape, like she’d expected, and she pops a chocolate into his mouth cheerfully.

 

Henry somehow manages to close his mouth and chew, while Amber nonchalantly snuggles up next to him. “I still hate Valentine’s Day,” she reminds him, as though to make sure he knew her actions meant nothing. He breathes out a laugh because he knows better, and pulls her closer to his side.

 

“I know,” he murmurs, kissing the top of her head. “And I still love it. And you,” he adds on at the end, just to watch her cheeks glow red once more.

 

He smiles.

 

She might hate Valentine’s Day, but she definitely loves him.

 

 


 

 

okay i know this so im just gonna write another drabble to make up for it

not to mention im a day late but

im gonna

go write some more henber because fluff and rainbows and mochi and dinosaurs

enjoy eheh ^^;