Getting To Know Onew

SHINee Love

After my fifth period class, World History, I had lunch, and so I went to the library to meet Onew. I didn't know what happened... maybe it was his shy attitude, but he's interesting, and as long as I'm new to the school, I might as well get to know my way around the school.

Searching for the library took about 7 minutes, but when I made it, I smiled. I walked in, peering around for Onew, but didn't see him anywhere up front. I kept walking, though, and finally found him at the back of the library, which was divided with a small see-through divider. I knocked on the divider lightly, so he would know I was there.

He looked over to me and sent me a sweet grin; "You don't have to knock, I left it open for you."

"Sorry." I smiled, sitting down across from him. He smiled at me, and I could sense the nervousness. How cute!

"It's okay, I just wasn't sure if you'd make it to meet me for lunch..." he trailed off.

"Oh, and who would I meet for lunch then?" I asked teasingly.

"My friends... I thought you'd want to hang out with them since they're more popular." he grinned awkwardly.

"No," I smiled; "I chose to come here."

He smiled brightly, catching me off guard; "So, let's get to know each other better."

"Let's." I agreed. I told him how I had a sister and a brother, and about my life at home in my family. In return, he told me he was single child, was very smart, and he had a thing his friends called 'Onew Condition'. He also told me his real name wasn't Onew, but Jin Ki, Lee Jin Ki. His name was cute, to be honest, and I liked saying it; "I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to start calling you Jinki."

He blushed; "Sure, no one really calls me that because it sounds funny."

"It's unique." I thought aloud; "So, Jinki, is this where you usually spend your lunch periods?"

"No, not all the time." Onew informed me; "My friends and I always eat lunch together on Fridays, but every other day we spend in clubs and stuff."

"Oh." I nodded in understanding.

"So, ____, are you feeling hungry?" he asked me suddenly.

"A bit," I answered honestly; "Why?"

"Let's go get something from the cafeteria?" he asked, jerking his head toward the door.

"Of course!" I nodded, as we both stood up and walked down to the cafeteria.

When we walked in, a lot of people started calling for him, and I was embarassed. He was popular too, by the looks of it. Of course he'd be nice to the new girl. I'm not anything special to him.

"Sorry about that." he chuckled as we made our way to the lunch line; "I have a lot of friends."

I smiled back at him without letting my true pout seep its way out; "I see."

I looked around, remembering Key would be in the cafeteria, but I couldn't find him. But either way, would I really leave Jinki?

"Oh, hold on, I have to give you something." he blurted out, giving me a slip of paper.

I opened it and looked back at him questioningly; "Your phone number?"

"A lot of people know me, but not everyone has my number." he grinned, looking away.

"Thank you." I bowed, smiling to myself.

"Do you think I can walk you home after school?" he asked.

 

What's your answer?

 

YES

 

NO