CHAPTER~3

The Breathe of "BLISS"

 

                                                          CHAPTER~ 3

 

The stern gaze of Suzy fixed on Luhan’s body was not giving out any emotion at all. Her eyes scanned through each single part of Luhan’s body as she observed how they were immobilised and the change the accident brought with it :

“The legs which she always cheered on while he plays football are not moving as if they have no life in them.”

“The hands which used to be rough during the pillow fights and soft while he caresses her cheeks lied down motionless with saline and blood provided through tubes attached to it.”

“The lips which always defended her from others and say warm encouraging words to her, appeared dried up and cold with an Oxygen mask covering it”

 The longing with which Suzy was looking at Luhan made Sehun tinge a bit..

These people are really foolish. How can they create a bond knowing that it will hurt them sometime? Why do they keep longing for a bond which is actually cracking their defences?

Really, why do they crave for pain when they can just avoid it..”

He slowly made his way towards the distinct looking girl who looks like she doesn’t even notice his presence.

He tried to shrug her shoulders to perceive attention from her,

Called her “Bae Suzy”,

Tried to ask different questions,

But all he got was a response he never expected.

Suzy’s head seemed heavy with all the thoughts running through her mind as she finally returned a slight attention to the tall boy standing across her. She didn’t get the words spitted by that boy, may be because her brain was too busy with other thoughts to actually process the words that came out from him. All she wanted to ask was “what’s Luhan’s present condition”.

But her mind was too much transfixed between Luhan and her parents as both got into a car accident, she suddenly blurted out:

“Is he DEAD?”

The sudden ridiculous question that she blurted out made the situation funny as Sehun tried to hold his laughter back.

“What the heck are you spouting about, Even though it was a serious accident he is still alive. And can’t you just see all those medical equipment hanging around him, he is no dead man in any sense” he shot back. 

The atmosphere suddenly became very awkward between the two, as Suhun went back and sat on a chair across the room while Suzy leaned her head on the door and and slowly dragged herself down to the floor.

After a few moments of awkward silence Sehun flusteredly asked her “Wait a minute! Have you informed Mrs.Han about this incident..”

The question was interrupted by a sound banging of footsteps from a woman who seemed to be in her mid40’s and was accompanied with a another young boy who was looked as if he is no older than either Luhan or Sehun.

“Suzy~ah! Where is Luhan?” the flustered lady asked Suzy.

Suzy rather than answering the question, she politely showed Luhan to the lady through the glass through which she has been seeing.

Suzy went back and sat on the chair beside Sehun leaving the lady and the new boy at the door. She sure wanted to go and sit beside Luhan rather than sitting outside. So, she kind of consulted Sehun why was the entry currently prohibited. And the reason she got was “The boy has lost too much blood and his body is currently low in terms of resistivity and WBC’s. So, as of now his body is too much open to any infection and it would take some time until his body rekindles its antibody mechanism.”

All Suzy can do is give off a small sigh and quietly slumber into her thoughts..

                  

                                                                                 <>

The loud and ferocious but concerned voices from the main hall has been disturbing Luhan as he was trying to get his sleep. All he can depict is that the voices are of his mother and father’s secretary, while the current matter in conversation is damn serious. So, he kind of tried to plug his ears with the pillow and move into deep slumber, but all of his incoherent sleep was jolted off when he heard the word “accident”.

Luhan slowly leaned across the wall to listen to the conversation and was literally terrified and breathless when he heard the words coming from his mother and the secretary.

“So, have you gone to the car to check on the situation of the passengers in it?” the lady voice asked.

“No, I was just too afraid to go near their car. So, I drove away from the accident place before anyone sees me. And as it was on the Highway, I don’t think there is any CCTV around there”.

The information was too much for a ten year old boy to take in, as he heard that the car in which his father was in, has actually caused an accident and ran away from the place. His heart was thumping and his body actually appeared quite hot as the body released too much heat.

“So, do you have any information about the victims in the car?”

“We do have an informant and everything about the case would be available through him”

 With all the conversation going on about the accident, a phone suddenly rang with the secretary answering it. As Luhan was hearing the phone conversation, a particular information throwed his defences’ wide open. The mention of the Bae Sangmoon and the Bae family triggered his memory that Sangmoon was the school’s Football team captain and a senior of his.  Knowing that his father’s car caused the accident was one issue but to even know the other party involved in the accident made Luhan quite nervous as his hands started trembling.

Luhan sat on the cold floor while listening to the elders who are talking on the other side of the wall. All he know was that his father’s car was involved in the accident and the people who were killed are his schoolmate’s family. He carved his arms around his knees and kept thinking about the possibilities that might happen.

“Mam! Someone is here. He says he is a doctor and you called him.”  The maid said.

“Oh! Get him in”.

“Oh! Mr.Choi. Long time isn’t it”

“Yes, Mrs.Han. Glad to meet you again. But maybe I should get to my business fast. So, what exactly happened?”

As Mrs.Han explained the complete story, Luhan’s mind was completely on it.

                                                                  <>

It’s been one month since that inevitable incident happened. It’s inevitable because it’s unavoidable for him. He wanted to think it of as a dream, but at home his father would definitely prove it otherwise. For a ten year old to see his father become a mentally disabled person would have been something hard to tackle with. But he still loves his father as much as he loved him before the incident.

The school was a havoc when it heard of the incident as the person in discussion (dead) was quite popular in the school with his soccer stints. But it slowly started removing the accident from its memories as time passed until another person entered the school. She looked quite happy with her stay in the school but was always alone. Luhan could clearly feel the stares filled with pity on her but nobody dares to befriend her. She did find two to three friends who are girls, and she appeared cheerful who talks less. But Luhan kind of felt that she is just masking herself away from what she actually feels.

It all happened in a blink of a second when Luhan decided to pick up those flock of papers. He always tried to hide in the dark as he followed her. He was always amused seeing the girl being a ten year old spending tons of her time in a library. But he never actually thought they would become friends that fast.

The time flew by as they grew old with the friendship growing stronger. Luhan introduced her to his family as Suzy rather than Bae Suzy and always kept her family name hidden from his mom. And Mrs.Han grew fond of Suzy without knowing the she is a “BAE” and was happy that her son was finally close to someone in school and decided to bring that close friend to home.

On his 12th birthday both the friends went out and sat on swings in a park after enjoying a boisterous party at Luhan’s house. The sky seemed happy with his companions “the stars” and “the moon” and showed off himself to the friends below on earth.

“Suzy~ah! Why do you always go to library?”

“Hmm…Why are you asking about that suddenly?”

“Ofcourse people would judge you…Who wouldn’t ask when a 10 year old has actually buried herself in a library rather than making new friends.”

“Hmm! May be because……..Books contain knowledge and Knowledge never leaves you and it doesn’t have death.” Suzy smiled. Suzy actually smiled when saying those words, but Luhan clearly understood her and just swung in his swing while looking at the night sky.

                                                                                  <>

“What happened?” the nurse exploded when she saw Luhan trembling in his hospital’s bed.

“We don’t know….We were just seeing through the glass…” Mrs.Han horrifiedly answered. She clearly can’t maintain her tears from dropping down as she looked quite terrified.

“I would go and call the doctor right now, but please don’t enter into the ward” was all the nurse spoke before she ran off.

“Nothing will happen to him Mrs.Han. He would surely be not happy to see you like this. Everthing will be allright Mrs Han” Suzy mumbled as she embraced Luhan’s mother into a tight hug. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Language... has created the word "loneliness" to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word "solitude" to express the glory of being alone.----How beautifully described..

A/N: Hey guys...

First of all..I am bowing my head in front you all . Please forgive me for being this late to give you an update. I have no excuses other than being lazy. I would try my best to update as fast as I can so please continue to support me and point out my flaws.

                                                                                 Thank you,