CHAPTER~2

The Breathe of "BLISS"

 

                                                                                            CHAPTER~2

 

The rain is dripping down so fiercely that even snails ought to be afraid of coming out. The night seemed to be never-ending and the gloomy atmosphere it brought with it even eclipses the atmosphere of a gloomy dungeon populated with ghosts of wretches. However, the gloomy cast hasn’t effected a house which is filled with exuberant warmth making the outside atmosphere look pale.

“Yah Suzy! How many times have I told you not to read while lying down on the bed! It’s not good for your eyes. And just keep the speaker’s volume down will you, if you keep it up like that then neighbours will be crashing into our house in no time.”

“That’s not the main issue mom. Please, can’t you just not go mom. It’s not as if though the wedding’s gonna stop if you miss it. Please mom! Just this once mom! Just for the cause of my exams mom!”  Suzy continued to plead her heart out but to no avail as her mother continued to adjust her light makeup and her dress.

“Am I looking pretty in this dress, Suzy?” her mother completely distracted the pleading by asking a random question while looking into the mirror.

“You are really a devil, mom. You just look like a ..uh! a monkey, you just look like a monkey mom” Suzy pouted at her mother which only received a small giggle and ruffling of her hair.

“Mom, can I have this cake” Sangmoon croakily asked his mother.

“Oppa!” Suzy screamed, widening her face in a threatening manner.

 “That’s mine. I have saved it to eat it later. You will surely regret if you eat that oppa” Suzy threatened groggily.

“Aww! Am I actually being threatened by my little princess now? HUH!” Sangmoon tried to sulk cutely at his younger sister but still returning the cake to his sister, which was eaten as soon as it fell into her hands. He upheld his wide grin on his face as he turned away from her but it soon turned into a bombardment of laughter as he switched the music speaker off and ran off from her room.

“Yah!” was the scream that reverberated throughout the house as Suzy ran after her brother trying to catch him, which only resulted in Suzy being out of breath and finally drinking more water.

Suzy finally decided to give up on her hunt of her brother, as she sat beside her father on the couch who was having a sip of coffee and was completely buried in his laptop.

“Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad” she whined as she hung on to her father’s hand.

“Yes princess, what’s the matter” Mr.Bae slowly toned his voice in a whisper still not moving his eyelid’s concentration away from the laptop.

“Dad, Can’t you just not go. It’s not as if though the wedding would come to an abrupt halt if you were not there.”

“Sweetie! You do know about Uncle Han’s anger na! He would practically chase us to the ends of hell if we wouldn’t attend the wedding.” He tried to persuade his daughter by sugar coating her, but the effect of persuasiveness itself decreased as he was not focusing on his daughter but rather on his laptop.

Suzy observed her father’s reluctance on the matter just from his body language and decided not to push the matter further, as it would only make her father angry for disturbing him during important work.

So, she lifted herself up from the couch with the indescribable smile not leaving her face. As she was half skipping and half walking towards her room a small mass fell on her, which instantly made the house fill with Suzy’s screech. She was jumping and hovering around with a screech leaving and her hands wrapping her ears. It was not until her mother came panting and got rid of the fake rubber lizard, did she realize that it was only a prank from her mischievous brother which made her to spring forward in search of her brother, who was trying to contain his laugh upstairs.  

Suzy kept pursuing her older brother until a call came from her father regarding the departure. As both the kids reached downstairs, Mr.Bae motioned the elder one to help his mother with the things they are carrying during the journey.

 As all the three marriage go-ers are seated in the car, Suzy was still sulking regarding all of them leaving her alone in the house.

“Suzy~ah! Be careful. If anyone comes to the house, first find out who they are and then open the door. And don’t just feed on the junk food in the refrigerator, but try to cook some rice. If you have any trouble ask Mrs.Choi. I have already told her about the situation.” Mrs.Bae was giving her ten year old daughter a final lecture before leaving.

“Mom, Dad ……Bye” she said in a depressed tone as if they were leaving for years.

“Aww! My beautiful princess is being too sad here. Come on Suzy, four days will be gone in no time and we would be back home before you even know.” Mr.Bae tried to relieve the tension in the atmosphere.

The moody atmosphere continued for quite some time before the three Bae’s actually took off. Suzy then finally sat to study, as she took notice that the time was very limited now.

After four hours of rigorous revision, Suzy has finally given up and decided to sleep. As soon she tried to tug into her covers hastily, her mobile started ringing. As she heard the news over the mobile her heart hammered her chest beating hard and her lungs felt like they had forgotten how to breathe. Her world seemed like it went blank, her hands sweating bullets. As they say “One second can change the fate of their lives.” Who would have thought that these four hours has completely changed the fate of this cheerful girl.

It’s been one month since the accident actually happened, and the police could only claim the rain to be the culprit. Suzy has since been under the custody of her god father aka her uncle and her father’s company too transferred with her. She has finally decided to transfer schools as she wanted to attend the school which her brother loved to his heart’s content. As the school being too far from her uncle’s residence, she decided to stay in the dorms.

After being in the new school for a week, she thought that “Do you like the school?” was a ridiculous question as she felt “how much do you like it” to be more appropriate.

Even though the new school looked more fun and extra-circulated, the work load has never ceased to make her sigh! This actually made her to go to library more than she ever did. But she was always grateful as that’s the place where she met her beaming friend. A simple flock of papers which flew from Suzy’s grasp and picked up by the other boy has started a beautiful friendship.

“Oh! Thanks for the help”.

“You are Suzy right!”

“Yes, and you are”

“Oh! You are new right. I am in the same class as you are. I am Luhan by the way. Nice to meet you”

 

 

Suzy was panting hard when she reached the reception counter of the hospital mentioned by that Sehun guy. She was still light headed and numb all over. But, she kind of forced herself up to the floor prescribed by the receptionist. She kind of tried to calm herself but no matter what, her nerves are giving in as she surely wasn’t prepared to lose another one of her loved ones.

Slowly, she dragged herself towards the room, her heart beat growing louder and harder, she noticed a tall man who appeared lost in his own world in front of the room. Suzy gradually dragged herself to the front of the room and peeked through the small square see through glass. Soon a hand shrugs her shoulders and a voice rings through her ears.

“Are you Suzy?”

The question got no answer which made Sehun flinch a little but still keeping his composure in the midst of his annoyance and grief, he continued asking her different questions until she answered but that answer was indeed a question.

“Is he DEAD?”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                 “Don't be other people's bookmark, but a book worth reading again and again.” —Cheng You Qing.

                                                                                                         A quote from one of my favourite chinese drama, In Time With You.