CHAPTER~1

The Breathe of "BLISS"

 

                                                                                       CHAPTER~1

 

          It’s been pouring down outside as if though the rain God is angry at the creatures on Earth. The dark clouds made the afternoon look almost like night. The ever endeavouring Sun rays are out of sight . But Suzy wouldn’t want her mood to match the gloomy atmosphere outside. So she tried to cheer herself by making cappuccino.

        Being a Barista, she enjoyed making different types of coffee beverages. She explored the fuming fragrance coming from them and tried to experiment with different ratios of ingredients. However, her experiments mostly bared fruits which is the only reason for her manager to allow her continue experimenting.

     Even though it is a Sunday, the Coffee house is out of customers due to the weather outside which showed no signs of changing in the near terms. The time sped away showing signs of a chilly night approaching. Suzy suddenly woke up from her dream when her mobile phone started vibrating inside her barista apron. She slowly lifted her head rubbing her eyes to find that it was already eight thirty in the evening.

“Hello”

“Yah! BAE SUZY, Where the hell are you?”

“Ah! Unni calm down. I am still at my work.”

“What are you still doing there, isn’t your shift only till seven. “

“Ah! Looks like I slept again while experimenting unni, I would be there soon, so don’t worry unni”

“Come back now, you still have your school tomorrow and you have to complete your assignments still”

“Would be there before you even recognize unni, bye” Suzy hung up the phone thinking about the school workload she still have to do.

     She saw Kai working on his shift as the barista. Looks like the effect of the rain is still there as the number of customers has hardly increased. She walked towards him, as she left her bag beside the coffee maker. As soon as she turned, she saw a startled impression on Kai.

   “What are doing here? I thought you already left. Are you in the experiment room till now?”

   “Hmm! I actually slept there unknowingly. Must go now oppa. Bye then, and remember to turn off the machine before going. I don’t think manager oppa would leave you again like last time”

   “Ya! Ya! I know, don’t need to give me lecture you know! Suzy~ah! Be careful on your way home. Bye!”

It would be a lie to say the least that Suzy did not want to talk to Kai. Even though Kai appears to be stern and stubborn outside, Suzy always felt his innermost warmth through his words.

She went to manager Kyungsoo who was momentarily surprised to see Suzy still there and took her leave. She hurried back to the school dorm reaching there just before Curfew time.

“Ah! Jiyeon Unni, I am back” Suzy swiftly said throwing her big bag onto the uncleansed and messy desk before falling on to her soft bed.

Jiyeon stopped scribbling on her notes and rolled her chair over to face Suzy. Suzy tinged a bit seeing the expression on Jiyeon’s face.

“Suzy~ah! Your uncle has called in the evening.”

“Hmm! He could have called me na” Suzy asked in a puzzled tone.

“Seems like your phone is out of signal at that time”

“So, what did he say?” Suzy lowered her voice as if in a whisper rather than normal tone. She took her gaze away from Jiyeon while she spoke those words, as she always knew that her uncle would never call her unless it is something regarding money.

“He was asking when you would be going there for, you know…your parents’ death anniversary”

Suzy flinched at the reason of the call as she never thought her uncle would take interest in her parents’ death anniversary. Even though being the God Father of Suzy and brother of her father, he never exactly took care of Suzy, nor did he ever attend his brother’s death anniversary which Suzy would solely take care of.

“It’s okay unni. I would call him later and talk about it. Thanks unni”.

“Ah! Suzy, don’t forget that there is a calculus assignment submission tomorrow and a class test on the same topic the day after.”

“Aish! Unni why haven’t you told me that before. This night’s gonna be nightmarish for sure”. Suzy sulked at the sudden information which completely jolted her. As much as she gets good grades, even Suzy can’t comprehend and complete a set of tough 12th class calculus problems in just one night.

       As much as she wanted to avoid doing the calculus assignment, she has no choice left with her other than completing it. She slowly picked herself up from the bed groaning against the bed as if the bed was at fault at that time. That’s the moment when she finally took notice how “orderly messy” her study table was. Realizing that she can’t waste any more time, she decided to leave the study table like that and soon started doing the assignment on her bed leaning across the wall.

       Suzy was completely indulged in her assignment when she heard her mobile tinging beside her. As soon as she observed an unknown number on the screen on the screen, she answered the call wondering the identity of the caller….

“Hello”

“Is this Suzy, the one talking on the line?”

“Yes, may I know who are you?”

“Oh Suzy! Do you have Luhan’s mother’s number? It’s kind of urgent actually.”

“Don’t you know it’s kind of ridiculous to ask someone else’s private information without even telling who you are.” bewildered Suzy spat out in furiousness.

“Oh! Sorry for my rudeness! I am Sehun, Luhan’s roommate. He had actually met with an accident and is currently being treated at Appollo Hospital. So, can you give me his mother’s number now, it’s kind of urgent you know.”

“I will inform her” was all she could blurt out as she failed to intake the sudden information given by Luhan. Her heart hammered her chest beating hard and her lungs felt like they had forgotten how to breathe. Her world seemed like it went blank, her hands sweating bullets.

She just can’t believe what has actually happened to her best friend (or to be precise her EX-BEST FRIEND).

 

                                                                                                                                        

A/N:Oh! Sorry guys, for this long haitus. Been busy with exams and stuff.

Thank you for waiting for me till now.

Please provide feedback to make me a better writer. Thank you.