Laysica: Unicorns

A Valentines Love

 

 “You’re so odd, why do you like unicorns?” Jessica laughed amused at the fact her best friend YiXing likes a non-existing creature.

“What?!” he looks at her, crimson red in embarrassment “unicorns are cool; they could fly and they come in different colors”

“Tell me, if unicorns do exist would you take care of one?”

“Yes, not just one but a whole farm of them” he smiled, his dimples clearly visible.

“Got it, no wonder why Kris has been stressed with you guys,” she snickered “There’s Tao who keeps on pestering him to buy Gucci every month. Chen trolling everyone, LuHan out with SeHun, Xiumin who keeps on making your fridge full of baozis and there’s you who has affinity with unicorns. I somehow pity Kris for that” she smiled, clearly annoying him.

“Shut up Jess, at least I’m not like you who go crazy if a cucumber comes near,” he laughed making Jessica punch him “You’re the only one I know who hates cucumbers”

“Nope there’s other one.” She raised her eyebrow looking at him “and his name was Lee Jinki”

Just by saying Jinki’s name, her eyes glistened in happiness. Sure Jessica has a crush with Jinki since third grade and he has too, but they never get the chance to confess to each other.

And sadly for YiXing, he had been friend zoned and stuck in a one sided love with Jessica for years. Though his heart aches every time she talks about Jinki, he could care less. He loves her and that’s what matters.

“Yeah” he looks down and thinks of something “Say Jessica, do you want me to help you with Jinki?”

“You would?”

“Anything for my bestie” the word ‘bestie’ came out bitterly but hides it instantly.

“And that’s why I love you so much” she hugged him, though shocked he hugged her back wanting it to last longer.

“I love you too” he muttered under his breath.

Luckily, Jessica didn’t hear any of it.