Vol. 4: One Day (Pseudo-CF Filming Set)

Dating 101: Ways Idols Secretly Date (the YongSeo way)

 

Continuation of Vol 3. The Way to You.

 

………………………………………………

 

 

 

 

One Day (Pseudo-CF Filming Set)

 

“Kamsahamnida,” I bowed at the staff that took my picture and watched him leave before typing my message and sent it to her. “And here I am wondering how time moves incredibly slow…” I said hoping she feels the way I do.

 

It has been almost a week that we didn’t see each other. I was at her house when she packed her things. Her mother was there with us but gave us a few minutes to say goodbye to each other. After all, we would be like running around from one location to the next; I with my bandmates and she with her unnies. I keep this piece of paper in my wallet where she wrote her schedule hoping that a day or two could be a good day to steal us away from the world again. But it seemed impossible.

 

I smiled the moment my phone vibrated in my hand.

 

Be patient.

 

That was the only thing she said so I composed my thoughts right away, “What is patience when I am waiting for you?” Then attached this picture of the path I just took.

 

“So what are you doing today?”

 

“I have a CF filming. You?”

 

“Just practicing.”

 

I found a chance, “Ahh, so I can call?”

 

“Okay, but I can’t stay on the phone for long.”

 

I pressed nine on speed dial.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

I couldn’t help but smile that she didn’t even wait for the first ring to finish, “Hy~unnnn…” I playfully said and heard her soft chuckles.

 

“De, Oppa?”

 

“How many minutes can you give me?”

 

“Hmmm, let’s see? Five? Make it ten.”

 

I sighed but careful enough to give her a reply that won’t make her feel as empty as I was feeling so I said in a half-joke, “Oh, how should it be? Should I spend the ten minutes counting the ways I love you and how much I am missing you right now?”

 

“So it only takes ten minutes?”

 

She complained so I continued lightheartedly, “Now that you mention it, I just couldn’t put a word to one…”

 

“Mushy Oppa. But you said you have CF filming? Why are we talking?”

 

“I’m actually in this almost deserted part of a town. Hyung dropped me here moments ago. The staffs are just setting up.”

 

“What CF is that?”

 

“Some perfume. My manager was briefed because it was something of a last minute job. It’s supposed to be our rest day today.”

 

“Oh… that’s too bad…”

 

“I know, but anyways. Listen to the script, I…” I wanted to divert the course of discussion. I couldn’t let her know my further thoughts because it would only affect her mood so I blabbered with the script in my hand. The role I am to play in the CF is a man waiting for his love. He would be waiting by a park bench watching the signs of life around him in the early spring. Suddenly, he would be taken by a smell so familiar to him. Then, he will turn and find her standing behind him smiling lovingly. He will walk to where she was and give her this small flower he picked moments ago during his walk. She will take flower but he will catch her wrist and put it close to his nose and kiss it. Then, they would both walk ahead of the path hand-in-hand while the chorus of the song “Collide” would play in the background.

 

In the middle of telling her the script, I stopped to catch my breath. How could I face this model that would play as my girlfriend when all I can think of is this girl in my heart.

 

“Oppa, are you okay?”

 

“I’m sorry, I’m just tired. Can I tell you something?” I finally asked.

 

She was silent for a moment and I could just envision her nod, then she said, “Yes, tell me.”

 

“The other day they gave us our schedule; I bought a ticket to Japan. I was supposed to be there today. Just for today.” I heard this tiny sound coming from , a silent gasp maybe but it didn’t stop me from telling her what was weighing down my chest, “But… but I couldn’t do anything…”

 

“Oppa… I…”

 

I shook my head as if she was just right there in front of me, “We should be seeing each other now instead of just talking on the phone.”

 

“I’m sorry it happened this way, Oppa. I hope I can make you feel better.”

 

“But yes, hearing your voice now is making me feel better.” I smiled as I brushed this dew off the corner of my right eye, “This is all I need to keep on going today. To finish this…”

 

“But this is our way, right?”

 

“Ahh, yes… our way… probably our only way…” the words almost got stuck in my throat. It hurts to say it like that.

 

We ended our conversation moments ago. I resumed my leisurely walk while waiting for the crew to finish the preparations. We were to make a quick rehearsal once the model arrived. It was probably one of the weirdest projects I got because everything felt so random. Even the five staff of the shoot was a bit suspicious but I was too taken by my own sadness to focus on whatever was happening outside the realm of Seo Joohyun.

 

“Yonghwa-ssi.”

 

I heard the director’s voice behind me so I turned and he told me to get ready. I just nodded.

 

I shot a glance into the sky and sighed and when I moved my heel towards my direction, my attention was taken by this beautiful yet melancholic view of a pathway leading to somewhere unknown. It was me— that path.

 

It was us.

 

Snapping one picture of it, I composed one last thought for her, “The way might always be long and sad, but I must endure if at the end of it would be you standing to meet me. Can’t wait to see you…”

 

Upon my return to the location, the director said they would be shooting from afar to capture the natural lighting of the late afternoon. I and the model won’t probably be seeing the crew from where we would be standing but he would just give me the cue when to start. I replied with enough energy as they all moved away.

 

I sat on my place waiting for my cue and wondered what happened to the rehearsal mentioned awhile ago.

 

The surroundings became more serene when everybody moved away. That moment I almost believed I was alone and waiting for my Hyun.

 

I looked up again and silently watched the clouds.

 

I waited for the cue but it never came

 

My impatience led me to finally stand and inquire what was happening only to be stopped by this vision from corner of my eye.

 

She was there wearing a white dress that flutters in the soft afternoon breeze. A gentle smile crept on her lips.

 

I laughed and shook my head but found myself following the script.

 

I ran to where she was and stopped when she was just a step away from me.

 

“Hyun?”

 

“Oppa?”

 

Seohyun smiled playfully at my reaction, “What--?” I looked around for the other people who were supposed to be somewhere near but I just realized that we were alone. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Surprise!”

 

She said again as she finally moved closer and s her arms on my waist and hugged me tight. Wrapping her in me, I let my senses swim in her presence. “Some CF huh?” I said as it dawned on me.

 

Seohyun finally pulled away and looked intently at me, “One day… this day.”

 

I nodded as she tilted her head back as her sly smile appeared again.

 

“I arrived awhile ago but I would be flying back to Japan early tomorrow morning. Twenty four hours, Oppa. I bought your one day to be with me…”

 

“And that was the CF for?” I shook my head as a mixture of relief and pure bliss rushed over me. This girl surely knows how to orchestrate events to get what she wants.

 

“Yes,” she nodded confidently. “If I couldn’t have you even for a day, I would be willing to pay.”

 

“You, Ja~shik…” I pulled her back in my arms.

 

Yes, one day… and I would surely cherish this one day…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Out of the doubt that fills my mind

I somehow find you and I collide”

 

~Collide (Howie Day)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

……………………………………………………….

 

 

 

 

thanks for the gogumas omg~

but pls throw them gently >____________<

 

so now you know why we needed to post this days after vol.3

kkk

Come and join us drown in this pool of mush~

*hhhiiiinng*