Vol. 3: The Way To You (Phone Date)

Dating 101: Ways Idols Secretly Date (the YongSeo way)

 

 

The Way To You (Phone Date)

 

I’ve got another MMS that made me really smile. Yong Oppa was sitting on a bench with his elbow resting on one knee, his chin on his hand and that little pout on his lips. Someone must have taken that picture. I smiled, the message said “And here I am wondering how time moves incredibly slow…”

 

"Be patient." I typed quickly and hit send.

 

I haven’t even taken a second breath when my phone vibrated again. “What is patience when I am waiting for you?” It said with a picture that showed the road ahead of him.

 

I giggled but bit my lips when I noticed how the codi-unnie was eyeing me so I pretended not to notice. Oppa has a way with words. They may get mushy at times and they may make me cringe but they warm my heart. “So what are you doing today?”

 

“I have a CF filming. You?”

 

I bit my lips thinking of a good excuse then replied, “Just practicing.”

 

“Ahh, so I can call?”

 

My eyes widened so I hurried inside the room and closed the door behind me and typed, “Okay, but I can’t stay on the phone for long.” After a few seconds, he called, “Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Hy~unnnn…”

 

Oh, how I missed that playful tone! “De, Oppa?”

 

“How many minutes can you give me?”

 

“Hmmm, let’s see? Five?” I checked my watch. We still have time. “Make it ten.”I heard him sigh on the other line. I feel sad too but there’s a reward for this, I told myself.

 

“Oh, how should it be? Should I spend the ten minutes counting the ways I love you and how much I am missing you right now?”

 

My eyes rolled. It’s starting but I heard him laugh so I smiled, “So it only takes ten minutes?”

 

“Now that you mentioned it, I just couldn’t put a word to one…”

 

I laughed, “Mushy Oppa. But you said you have CF filming? Why are we talking?”

 

“I’m actually in this almost deserted part of a town. Hyung dropped me here moments ago. The staffs are just setting up.”

 

I giggled. “What CF is that?”

 

“Some perfume. My manager was briefed because it was something of a last minute job. It’s supposed to be our rest day today.”

 

“Oh… that’s too bad…” I lied.

 

“I know, but anyways. Listen to the script, I…”

 

I listened intently. Oppa always seems enthusiastic in everything he does even if he was tired or not on his best mood. I could feel the sadness on his voice despite how he would sound excited. If only I could tell him that I skipped one event for him. His voice suddenly cracked and it followed by a deep sigh. “Oppa, are you okay?”

 

“I’m sorry, I’m just tired. Can I tell you something?”

 

That tone crashed my heart. I nodded silently as if he could see me. “Yes, tell me.”

 

“The other day they gave us our schedule; I bought a ticket to Japan. I was supposed to be there today. Just for today.”

 

I held my breath. Tears seemed to rush up from my heart.

 

“But… but I couldn’t do anything…”

 

“Oppa… I…”

 

“We should be seeing each other now instead of just talking on the phone.”

 

“I’m sorry it happened this way, Oppa. I hope I can make you feel better,” I managed to say. That moment, I wanted to hug him tight.

 

“But yes, hearing your voice now is making me feel better. This is all I need to keep on going today. To finish this…”

 

I feel even worse. Why does he need to go through this? Why do we need to go through this? “But this is our way, right?”

 

“Ahh, yes… our way… probably our only way…”

 

But I shook my head.

 

Moments later after our 10-minutes was up, I checked myself for the nth time. I must look my best. My phone buzzed. It was another message from him.

 

This time, he sent a picture of a pathway— brown stones, green grasses, and trees lining on each sides. It looked melancholic but his message made me smile.

 

“The way might always be long and sad, but I must endure if at the end of it would be you standing to meet me. Can’t wait to see you…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.................................................................................

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Just because me and Ysa are terribly inspired tonight.... but don't ask why...  *hhhiiiing*

And yay! thank you for the comments! omg! O____________O

*throws flying kisses*