Guilt

If I don’t have you

 

Sohyun came closer and took a deep breath before slightly pressing her lips against Jiyoon´s, that to her surprise, after a brief second, she replied the kiss…passionately…

At first, Sohyun got shocked and didn’t know what to do, but since this is what she was seeking, she continued the kiss, but in that moment, she knew that that kiss would never be for her… She could felt Gayoon’s name printed in every movement of Jiyoon’s lips, in every breathing her unnie took…

‘So, this is how Gayoonie feels…’ Sohyun thought feeling sorrow coming to her again even thought she was kissing the very person she loves.

A few minutes passed and finally the kiss ended. Sohyun stood still inches away of her unnie’s lips; the latter smiled with her eyes still closed, like if she was savoring the last moment.

‘You truly can’t live without my…Sohyun-ah!’ the older girl startled when she opened her eyes and found the youngest member staring back at her. Jiyoon was in shock, she couldn’t believe what she was seeing in front of her eyes, so she looked back and found her lover, Gayoon, sleeping peacefully with one arm wrapped around her waist.

‘What…?’

Sohyun panicked. ‘Mian…!’ she said and run away the room as fast as her legs allowed her.

Jiyoon didn’t know what to do, she thought she was kissing Gayoon but it turned out to be Sohyun…

She felt confused. ‘Why did maknae kiss me?’ was one of her many thoughts, she didn’t want to rush into conclusions.

The girl turned around to face her lover and found her still sleeping peacefully. She caressed her cheek and put a peck on the tip of her nose.

‘I’m sorry… I thought it was you…’ Jiyoon whispered this staring at her friend’s perfect face. She sighed and after a moment, she went out the bed. ‘I’ll be back in a second…’

Jiyoon exited the bedroom and headed to the living room. It was empty.

‘Where is maknae?’

She went to the kitchen and then, to the bathroom, nothing, Sohyun was nowhere to be found…

‘Looking for maknae?’ a voice said behind Jiyoon when she entered the living room again. She turned around and found a pair of judging eyes staring back at her.

‘Yeah…’ she replied a bit off.

‘She’s sleeping with Hyuna’ said the leader without changing her expression. Jiyoon sighed. ‘…Jiyoon-ah…, what happened?’

Jiyoon took a moment to reply. She herself didn’t know clearly. She glanced at her leader and noticed how serious she was.

‘A misunderstanding’ replied the younger girl dragging her feet back to her room. ‘Night…’

Jihyun observed her friend quietly. She decided not to agitate the already agitated moods inside the house… ‘Night’

Jiyoon entered the bed looking for the warm of Gayoon’s body.

‘Where were you…?’ Gayoon asked in a sleepy voice while she wrapped one arm around Jiyoon’s waist.

‘In the bathroom’ lied the younger mentally slapping herself for that. She cuddled closer to her lover in search for a silent forgiveness.

‘You’re cold…’ complained Gayoon still with a sleepy voice.

‘That’s why I need your warm…’ Jiyoon moved her head closer and kissed her friend’s lips softly. The latter replied the kiss lazily; she was half asleep. Jiyoon didn’t insist in the kiss, she wasn’t looking for a make up session, she just wanted to memorize Gayoon’s way of kissing and the shape of her lips against hers so she doesn’t make a mistake again.

‘I need to speak with maknae tomorrow…’ thought Jiyoon before closing her eyes to fall asleep.

---

Sohyun pressed her face against Hyuna’s chest drowning her bawl…it was painful to look at her like that…so hurt…

Hyuna thought about it… It was a surprise to her when she saw Sohyun storming out her room with a scared expression and about to cry.

She put down the glass of water she has in her hands and followed the youngest to the living room.

For a moment, Sohyun looked like a lost puppy all alone in the middle of the room, she was breathless… Hyuna got near and without a word, she hugged her from behind. Sohyun startled a little, but when she recognized her unnie, she relaxed and turned around to face her.

Sohyun’s expression was a mix of hurt, scared, sad…

‘I did what you said…’ the young muttered, ‘but it was a mistake…’ she finished the sentence and threw herself to Hyuna’s arms.

Hyuna was confused; she didn’t know what Sohyun was talking about.

‘What did I…oh no…’ Hyuna remembered vaguely what she said before kissing Sohyun in the closet.

‘Sohyun-ah…you didn’t…’

‘I did…’ was the youngest reply. ‘How could I be so stupid?!’ she sobbed.

Hyuna felt horrible. It was her fault Sohyun thought in confessing Jiyoon and probably kissing her too in the middle of the night, and what it was worst…with Gayoon in the room…!

‘Did Gayoonie…’

‘She was asleep…’ cut the maknae still sobbing.

The older girl sighed in relief. If Gayoon by any chance finds out, Sohyun is dead meat…

‘Come, let’s go to my room, you can sleep with me today’

Hyuna took Sohyun by the shoulders and led her to her room. Sohyun didn’t fight; she entered the bed and cuddled in Hyuna’s arms while she was still crying.

‘Hyuna…?’ Jihyun asked with a sleepy voice.

‘Yeah, it’s me’ answered the girl in a low voice.

‘Who’s crying?’ the leader went out her bed and went to Hyuna’s. She gasped when she found Sohyun crying her heart out. ‘What happened…?’

The question was directed to Hyuna so the girl shook her head in a negative.

‘Let’s let her rest for tonight…we can ask tomorrow’

Jihyun was easy to convince so she immediately accepted. She caressed the youngest hair and put a kiss on her hair before heading out the room.

‘Tomorrow is going to be a tough day…’ thought Hyuna caressing her friend’s hair to help her calm down.

---

Gayoon woke up first. She smiled sheepishly when she found an angel’s face lying beside her. She put a kiss on her forehead and moved a string of hair off her friend’s face.

‘I can’t believe yesterday actually happened…’ she thought blushing at the memory. Jiyoon mumbled something in her dreams before open her eyes. She smiled.

‘Morning…’ greeted Gayoon without being able to erase that smile off her face.

‘Morning beautiful’ said Jiyoon moving closer to put a peck on her lover’s lips. Gayoon reacted immediately and didn’t let Jiyoon go; she took her by the back of her head and pressed her lips harder. Jiyoon smiled through the kiss.

‘How fast a little peck can turn into a make up session…?’

Jiyoon was happy about the situation…, until she remembered Sohyun…

‘Maknae…!’ Jiyoon broke the kiss a little startled.

‘She’s not here…’ Gayoon said pulling her girlfriend closer.

‘Guys, we have schedule in an hour!’ they heard Jihyun yelling from outside the room.

Gayoon growled.

‘Come, let’s get up’ Jiyoon said getting out the bed. Gayoon reached for her hand before Jiyoon walks away. ‘Let’s go lazy girl’ Jiyoon smiled and pulled her friend for her to get up.

Both girls walked out their room holding hands.

‘Morning!’ Gayoon was in a really good mood that morning. Jihyun was surprised.

‘Morning…’ she muttered glancing at their locked hands.

‘Where are maknaes?’ asked Jiyoon looking around.

‘They went ahead’ simply answered the leader giving Jiyoon a knowing look.

‘I see…’ Jiyoon avoided Jihyun’s stare and sat on a chair waiting for breakfast.

‘She’s avoiding me…’ a flash thought crossed Jiyoon’s mind.

‘So, are you going out with Kyuhyun or not?’ Jihyun asked, out of the blue. Jiyoon shot her a tense look.

‘Yes, I’m going out with him’ she replied almost challenging.

Jihyun moved her eyes to Gayoon that seemed unaffected by the news. ‘When?’

‘Today’ replied Jiyoon sharpening her gaze. ‘After schedule’

‘I see…’ again Jihyun’s eyes went to Gayoon that seemed uninterested of the topic. ‘Here’ the leader passed a couple of bowls with cereal and milk. ‘Eat fast’ she said and went away.

‘What’s with her?’ Gayoon asked as soon as Jihyun disappeared from the view.

‘I don’t know, maybe she has her period’ replied Jiyoon nonchalant. Gayoon laughed.

‘Yeah, but if she has it, we would have it too’

Jiyoon tried to smile at her girlfriend as natural as she could.

‘Let’s finish fast so she doesn’t get crankier’ the slightly younger girl suggested as she put a spoon full of cereals in .

The couple finished fast, and within half an hour, the three oldest members of 4minute were heading to their first schedule of the day.

---

‘I don’t want to see Jiyoonie…’ whined Sohyun getting nervous as the minutes passed by. Hyuna observed her friend hopeless.

‘You don’t really have a choice…’

‘I know…’ Sohyun said letting herself throw on a chair. ‘What time is it?’

‘Eight fifty-five…’

Nervousness grew evident in the youngest face.

‘Act normal’ said Hyuna trying to reach for her friend’s hand.

Sohyun nodded slowly.

‘Anyonhaseyo’ they heard three familiar voices. The staff of the place greeted them.

The first one to enter was Gayoon. She was radiant, a smile that was so bright that lightened up the whole place. The second one to enter was Jihyun, with her usual shy smile and glamorous look; and the third one to enter was Jiyoon…

Sohyun looked away. She didn’t want to cross looks with her unnie, not by accident, not willingly.

‘Girls, makeup is over here’ a woman said calling their attention. The five girls went there where the woman said.

Sohyun avoided eye contact with Ssangyoon at any cost. She just couldn’t face them… Gayoon was too happy and she felt guilty, and Jiyoon…well, she hasn’t even glanced at her once…

‘Photo shoot will be one pair and one with three members’ the photographer said when all the girls were fully dressed and with makeup. ‘Hyuna, Jihyun and Gayoon first, then, Sohyun and Jiyoon, ok?’

Hyuna gasped lowly. She turned her head and saw Sohyun stiffened as a rock and Jiyoon with an unreadable expression.

‘Ok, let’s start!’ he said clapping his hands. Jihyun and Gayoon went first to the center of the lights. Hyuna took a few seconds. She looked at Sohyun but the latter didn’t ask for help, didn’t move, nothing, Sohyun was paralyzed on the spot. Hyuna sighed and went to meet her unnies…

The shoots started and the sound of the music, the photographer’s voice mixed with the sound of the flashes and the camera were the kind of distraction Jiyoon asked for. She glanced at maknae and saw her with her eyes glued on the photoshoot. Jiyoon moved hastily towards Sohyun. ‘We need to talk…’ she said dragging her friend from the arm to a corner…