Spellbound

Magnetism

            Ryeowook and Kyuhyun entered the apartment and flipped on the lights.  “Why didn’t Jongwoon and Minnie just ride back with us,” Ryeowook wondered, looking around.  “And they left first, why aren’t they home yet?”

            “They aren’t coming back home until Monday morning,” Kyuhyun said, slipping off his shoes and heading for the kitchen. 

            “What?  I never heard about this,” he said, hanging up his jacket.

            “Well, Jongwoon wanted to keep it quiet, so he told me not to say anything to you.  He’s taking Sungmin to Japan for their anniversary,” Kyuhyun said, taking his time to pick a good vintage wine and began hunting for the corkscrew.  Ryeowook opened one of the drawers and handed it to his boyfriend who then set about uncorking it.

            “Did he really think I’d say anything?  I keep secrets far better than you do,” Ryeowook pointed out.

            Having managed to open the wine bottle, Kyuhyun reached up to one of the higher shelves for two wine glasses and handed them to Ryeowook.  He then headed for the living room and Ryeowook was forced to follow to hear his response.

            “The thing is, when you hear something really romantic, you get this sappy look on your face.  It’s very cute!  But we didn’t want your goofy face to alert Sungmin if he mentioned their upcoming anniversary or wondered why he didn’t have a schedule this weekend.”

            Ryeowook opened his mouth, prepared to deny it, but realized that Kyuhyun might actually be right.  “That doesn’t mean that I would tell him.”

            “I know, but it’s far safer if Sungmin doesn’t know anything at all and if he thought you knew something, he’d hound you to death about it.  I, on the other hand, have an excellent poker face and since I’m always up to no good, he wouldn’t suspect that I know anything,” Kyuhyun explained, dimming the lights and taking the glasses from Ryeowook before filling them.

            “You two are just silly, I’m sure that taking him to Japan is rather romantic, but I don’t think I’d react that different if it was alluded to around me,” he said, taking his glass back from Kyuhyun, tasting the sweet moscato.  

            “I know that Japan doesn’t strike you as anything significant—it isn’t where they met or where they fell in love—but it’s one of Minnie’s favorite places to go and he knows the language well.  And from now on, he’s going to be very, very fond of it,” Kyuhyun said, turning on the cd player.

            “You know, he’s not known for being the most romantic guy but planning a surprise trip is a big step up for him,” Ryeowook admitted.

            Kyuhyun took away his glass of wine and set it on the side table. 

            “What are you doing, Cho Kyuhyun?” he finally asked.

            Kyuhyun pulled Ryeowook into his arms.  “I’m going to dance with you.”

            Ryeowook felt his face heat up as Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around him.  A smile spread across his face as his boyfriend began to sway him from side to side, slowly turning.  His heart nearly melted at being held so close by him, after years and years of keeping his distance.  It was almost too much for him sometimes, he was so overwhelmed at finally having Kyuhyun.

            “This trip isn’t just some random romantic getaway, Wookie,” Kyuhyun told him.  “Jongwoon is going to ask Minnie to marry him.”

            Ryeowook pulled back just enough to look up into his face, to assure that he heard right.  Kyuhyun’s crooked smile told him all he needed to hear and he couldn’t help but begin to tear up, knowing how happy his dear friend would be.  When Ryeowook began to cry, Kyuhyun pulled him against his chest and began to run his hand up and down his back. 

            “Now I think you understand why we didn’t let you in on the secret.”

            Ryeowook nodded, still too wrapped up in his emotions to speak. 

            “Five years is a really long time to wait,” Kyuhyun pointed out, beginning to dance with Ryeowook again.  “I promise I’ll never make you wait that long.”

            What Kyuhyun didn’t know was that his words did nothing to soothe him out of crying.  After waiting six and a half years for Kyuhyun to realize that he wanted him, any amount of time before receiving some reassurance by him seemed like forever.  But they were dating finally, so he wasn’t going to complain.  He never thought he’d have the chance to begin with.  He’d lived with the despair of loving someone that he thought he could never have and now, miraculously, Kyuhyun was his.

            Kyuhyun dipped Ryeowook backwards in his arms, forcing his face to lift up in surprise.  “Ryeowook,” he whispered.  He closed his eyes and bent his head, kissing him gently. 

            Ryeowook slid his hand up Kyuhyun’s neck and dug his fingers into his hair, needing to feel even closer to him than he already was.  Kyuhyun tightened his grip as he lightly on his bottom lip and then exhaled roughly against his mouth before pulling his head away just a fraction, looking at Ryeowook with half open eyes glazed over with desire. 

            “Ryeowook,” he said again, his voice a bit deeper than normal with pent up hunger.

            “Yes?”

            “I love you very much.”

            Ryeowook smiled wide and tears began to fall down his cheeks once again.  He tightened his grip on his boyfriend and began to kiss his lips repeatedly, causing the younger to begin laughing lightly. 

            “I love you too,” he swore.

            Kyuhyun then hooked his arm under Ryeowook’s knees and carried him over to the couch, setting him on the cushions before joining him.  He began kissing his cheek and slowly moving down his neck while he began to Ryeowook’s shirt and pull it off.

            “I should probably warn you,” Kyuhyun said, breaking away long enough to pull his own shirt up over his head and toss it to the floor, “now that Jongwoon and Sungmin are going to be gone for a few days, I intend to make love to you in every damn room of this apartment.”

            Ryeowook laughed bashfully, his cheeks burning.  Despite his embarrassment at the thought of Kyuhyun taking him in every room and what it conjured up in his imagination, he willingly pulled his boyfriend back down to him and began working at his belt buckle.  His desire for his boyfriend was too much.  Even if they had their entire lives to look forward to, it might never be enough for him.

 

***A/N: Hope you enjoyed the story!  I'm strongly considering adding a bonus chapter for those that are interested, so if you see yet another update to a 'finished' story, you'll know why.  Please leave comments and thanks to everyone who has already.  I really look forward to hearing from you.***