The Pull

Magnetism

            The sun was long since down by the time Sungmin called Kyuhyun to tell him that he’d finally heard from Ryeowook, who appeared to be close to home, wandering around near the Hangang River.  Kyuhyun had a pretty good idea where he’d find him.  He parked the car nearby at the observatory and headed in the direction of the river, near where the bridge loomed above, shoving his hands in his coat pockets and shivering.  The temperature had dipped near freezing and there was a cold breeze coming off the river. 

            After almost fifteen minutes of looking around, he spotted Ryeowook’s familiar coat in the distance and ran over to where he stood, looking out at the city lights reflecting off the water.  As he neared, he slowed his pace to a walk and stopped only when he was directly behind him.

            “I knew Sungmin would give me away,” Ryeowook said with a sigh, not turning to look at him.  “He said you’ve been trying to find me.”

            “I’ve been looking for you since I woke up,” Kyuhyun said, his breath turning to mist as he spoke.  “I wanted to talk to you this morning.  Why did you leave?”

            “I was thinking.”

            “I’ve been thinking a lot lately too,” he said as he stepped closer to Ryeowook and rested his chin on his shoulder.  “We really need to talk.”

            Ryeowook nodded.

            Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around Ryeowook and pulled him back into his chest.  “I think that you’ve misinterpreted what was going on last night.  I never meant for you to think that I was making fun of your feelings.”

            Ryeowook turned his head a little, so that he was able to look at Kyuhyun.  Kyuhyun wasted no time.  He angled his head and kissed Ryeowook right on the lips, keeping it brief since they were in public. 

            The eternal maknae stared at him in disbelief, his eyes building up with moisture. 

            “Don’t cry right now or your eyes will freeze,” Kyuhyun warned, burying his face in Ryeowook’s neck.  Ryeowook gripped Kyuhyun’s arms with his hands and rested his head against Kyuhyun’s.  “Please say something,” Kyuhyun pleaded.

            “I’m cold.”

            “Should we go someplace warmer?”

            Ryeowook nodded and Kyuhyun grabbed his hand and led him towards the car, which was still a ways off.  “Where are your gloves?”

            “I forgot them at home.  It wasn’t this cold when I left,” Kyuhyun admitted, shoving both his and Ryewook’s hand in his pocket to stay warm. 

            “Hold on,” Ryeowook said, stopping and pulling his hand out of Kyuhyun’s.  He took off his right glove and handed it to Kyuhyun.  “Put that on and you’re free hand won’t get cold then.”

            Kyuhyun put on the glove and Ryeowook thread his fingers back through Kyuhyun’s and put them back in his pocket, squeezing tight.  “Thanks.”

            Kyuhyun’s teeth began to chatter and, although he had so much to say, he wasn’t going to be able to do it until they were both comfortable.  He took the shortest route back to the car, Ryeowook staying right next to him since he was such an efficient wind-blocker.  When they reached the car, it was already cooling from being heated a half hour before but at least it blocked the wind.  He rushed to turn on the car and placed his hands over the vents.

            “Do you want something to eat?” Kyuhyun asked.

            “We can’t talk in a restaurant,” he answered.  “There’s still plenty of food left over from last night.  Let’s just go home.”

            They were only a short distance from home and made it back before either of them had thawed much.  When they entered the apartment, no one was wandering around.  Jongwoon and Sungmin’s coats were still hanging by the door, so obviously they were home but were likely sleeping together or watching a movie in their room.   

            When Kyuhyun opened his mouth, about to speak, Ryeowook placed a single finger over his lips and then reached down for his hand and pulled him down the hall and into his room.   The moment the door was closed behind him, Ryeowook pulled Kyuhyun to him, hugging him tight.

            “I can’t wait!  I have to know how you feel about me.  I’ve been in love with you for as long as I can remember and I’m going to die if you don’t feel anything for me after last night,” he cried, his face pressed against Kyuhyun’s chest.

            Kyuhyun tightened his grip on Ryeowook and kissed his temple.  “What do you think?” he asked as he tilted Ryeowook’s chin up with his fingers and brought his head down until their lips touched.  Unlike the heated and impatient kiss from the night before, Kyuhyun took his time, savoring the feel of his lips against his but forced himself to pull away before they became too caught up in one another to stop.  “I’ve never been in love before, I have no idea if that’s what this is,” he admitted, a little breathless.  “I can’t stop thinking about you and I can’t stop from wanting to touch you…is that love?”

            Ryeowook didn’t answer him with words but stood on his tiptoes and kissed Kyuhyun again, wrapping his arms around his neck.  Ryeowook’s kiss was far more urgent and demanding as he slipped his tongue into Kyuhyun’s mouth and began to thoroughly explore.  Kyuhyun grasped his hips to steady his swaying body but when their bodies brushed up against one another, he could feel how aroused Ryeowook was and pulled away.

            Ryeowook whined in protest.

            “Didn’t you want to talk?” Kyuhyun asked, his fingers digging into Ryeowook’s hips as he struggled against letting his desires take over.

            “We did talk,” Ryeowook said, drawing closer and kissing Kyuhyun’s neck.  “You said you weren’t sure if you were in love so I’ve decided to help you figure it out.”

            Kyuhyun moaned as Ryeowook began to on his earlobe, “This—oh God, Ryeowook—this isn’t just about sleeping together.”

            “I know,” Ryeowook said, his lips moving against Kyuhyun’s ear as he spoke.  “But I’ve wanted you for so long though.  I don’t think I can wait anymore.”

            So be it, Kyuhyun thought.  He wasn’t known for his willpower.  When he wanted something, he took it and if Ryeowook was on board and completely sober this time, it was a go.  Part of him was relieved that he wasn’t going to have to try to seduce him over days and weeks of dating him.  They already knew each other well, they loved to spend time together, they had common interests and goals.  Hell, they were practically married already.  This was the only intimate thing they hadn’t done yet, so it was only natural to take the next step. 

            There was just one thing he had to be sure of.

            Kyuhyun grabbed Ryeowook by the shoulders and pulled him away from him.  “Ryeowook.”

            “What?” he asked, whining in frustration.

            “If we do this then it means you’re mine,” he informed him.

            Ryeowook his lips and then smiled.  “I’ve already belonged to you for a long time.”

            “No more kissing anyone else.”

            “What about you?” Ryeowook shot back, beginning to Kyuhyun’s jacket.

            “I didn’t kiss her on purpose, she kissed me,” Kyuhyun reminded him.

            “And I kissed her because it was part of the script.”

            “You could have pretended!”

            “What fun is that?” Ryeowook questioned.  “That would hardly look believable.  And furthermore, you’re the one who suggested that Victoria be the girl.  If you didn’t want me kissing a beautiful girl, you should have picked someone ugly.”

            “Whatever!” Kyuhyun retorted angrily.  “Just don’t do it again.  Guys or girls.  And quit letting Hyungsik touch you all over!”

            “He doesn’t mean anything by it.”

            “I don’t care what he does or doesn’t mean.  I’m going to break his arm the next time he—”

            Ryeowook stepped forward and kissed Kyuhyun as he began to slide the jacket down his arms.  As soon as the jacket hit the floor and Kyuhyun’s arms were free, he lifted Ryeowook off his feet and carried him to the bed, lying him down underneath him.  “You’re so beautiful,” Kyuhyun said, looking down at him.

            “You belong to me too, Cho Kyuhyun,” Ryeowook said, a bit breathless.

            “Always,” he promised, his lips drawn back to Ryeowook, as if some unseen force pulled him in and refused to release him.  And he didn't care if he ever broke free.