He Knows

1 Year

"You can call me if you need something, Yunho-ssi"

"No, I'm okay," I said while smiling back at the nurse. Cute. She said she was fresh graduated and that she would get married about 2 years again. "I'll say to you if I need something"

She smiled at me then went away from my room. My mom said that Changmin's mom would come and I said to her not to tell anything to Changmin. He would definitely be mad at me and want to kill me in the second he looked at me in this condition. Yes, I had been lying to him. But, why should I tell him? It wasn't that we had something. We knew each other for only one month or more, even I had to admit that he was so attractive.

But, I couldn't make myself fall in love with him. Not even a bit. I couldn't let myself do that. Because if suddenly he had that kind of feeling too.... It would kill the both of us. I was dying. No one could change the fate that I was going to die soon. And chemotherapy wouldn't work. I knew. I just knew it. It would just hurt me without giving me more time to be with someone I loved. I would only feel more pain.

"Yunho yah~ I've been calling you 5 times and you're still ignoring me. What's on your mind?"

I smiled at my mom who came to me with a glass of water. I positioned myself so that I could drink the water by myself. I gave the empty glass to her after I finished it while mouthing 'thank you' to her. She smiled at me.

"Mom... Do you think I choose the wrong decision?"

"Decision of...?"

"Not having any therapy," I said calmly. I saw her face changed. I smiled at her and continued, "You know, like these years after I know that I'm dying soon and that I only have a small chance of living longer and that I feel so blessed to still be here with you and people I know, I feel so helpless. I will only tell this once and only to you. But mom, behind it all. Behind all the smiles you see, all the laughter you hear, all the warmth you may feel from me, and I’m scared that it would be the last for me"

She was silent. She only stared at me. I sighed and continued my words, "And as I know that I'm getting worse... I'm scared that I will leave you all this fast-"

The door opened. Mrs. Shim came with a parcel full of healthy fruits. I quickly nudged my mom and gave her the best smile I could give. She asked me what happened to me. I only said that I had been so tired so I fainted. She asked me to take care of my body better. I nodded and smiled at her.

"And sorry that you may call me impolite, but I accidentally heard what you were talking to your mom," She said. "Since we all know what's happening to you, can you just... continue?"

I was surprised that she heard it. But yeah, she was right. She knew everything too. We all knew. So...

---

Ugh. It was hard to pretend to be a stranger because I wanted to follow my mom. She went to a big hospital. Yunho hyung must be in here. I should keep distance with my mom or she would know that I followed her. But, why should Yunho hyung be in here? If he was only feeling unwell, should he be here? In this big hospital? Ah, I hated wondering, it was better to see what really happened.

I saw the sign. VIP? What was happening? Why did I have this kind of bad feeling? Ugh. Threw it away, Changmin. Maybe because Yunho hyung had a bit of serious high fever of any kind of it so his parents sent him here. Too worried parents. My mom entered a room after standing in front of it for just a few second and I quickly stood right behind the door after the door was shut perfectly.

When I peeked a bit, I could see Yunho hyung talking to my mom and smiled. He definitely looked pale. He must be really sick. Yunho, the stupid workaholic hyung. Then suddenly the condition changed as my mom said that she accidentally heard something. Something? What was it?

"I'm scared that I fall for Changmin............."

Okay. Wait. Let me thought first. Yunho hyung liked me?! Okay, my mom would kill h-

"We know," my mom said. Wait, what?! My mom walked to him and patted him on the head, "Don't you think I didn't see you kissed him at the party 3 days ago?"

I was shocked. My mom saw it?! And Mrs. Jung seemed shocked too. Seemed like she didn't know that Yunho hyung kissed me.

Omo. So this was why he acted so nice. He even kissed me and gave his cross to me. So this wasn't the one-side love like what I was thinking? He liked me back? But why was he scared?

"But this leukemia is killing me softly"

---

BRAK!

The door was widely opened, showing the crying Changmin standing in front of the door. Yunho, Mrs. Jung and Mrs. Shim seemed so shocked that suddenly Changmin showed up there. Mrs. Shim was the one who was shocked the most because she was sure that she went there alone. She even went there with taxi, not asking Changmin or anyone to take her there.

Yunho could only remain silent. He didn't even dare to look at Changmin. He unfocusedly looked at the white blanket. He gripped it so tight, too tight that his hand turned a bit white. He sighed. Changmin knew about it.

"Is it hard to tell it to me, you stupid hyung?!"

Changmin walked so fast with his fist ball. Just as he arrived next to Yunho, he landed a punch right on Yunho's left cheek. Mrs. Jung and Mrs. Shim seemed so shocked that they both screamed. Mrs. Shim pulled Changmin away but Changmin was too strong to handle. Mrs. Jung rubbed Yunho's cheek softly, trying to check whether his son was okay or not.

Changmin walked again to the bed, pulling the necklace harshly. The soft black rubber-like cord was broken. Changmin threw it right on Yunho's chest harshly.

"Don't come to me, you big liar!"

Changmin wiped his tears and ran away just like that, leaving the 3 of them alone.

Yunho could only stare at his cross.

---

Cigarette on his lips. Closing his eyes, he lightened the cigarette and started to smoking. He had been out since 2 days ago and since that day, he only stayed in his room, not going out. He was sitting on the balcony floor, letting the cold night wind blew to his body. He shivered. So cold. But he didn't have the will to move in, not even moving a bit from the place.

"I think we have some kind of agreement about smoking"

Yunho opened his eyes as he felt his smoke was stolen away from him. He looked at the 'guest'. He smiled. He just nodded and pulled his legs and hugged them tightly. That 'guest' threw the smoke on the floor and stepped on it, extinguished it, then sat next to Yunho.

Silent. No one really talked after that. Only Yunho's hum that was heard by the 2 of them. That 'guest' still stilled there, not moving, only looking at Yunho and the sky continuously. Then Yunho stopped humming. That 'guest' turned his head to him.

"I'm tired. It's cold"

That 'guest' moved a bit closer to Yunho and hugged him tightly. Placing his head on Yunho's shoulder and closed his eyes, hoping that Yunho could feel the warmth of his body. He wanted to ask many things, but he just stayed there without words, hugging Yunho tightly because the older said it was cold. He wanted to apologize to the things he did in the hospital but the words just couldn't pass his throat. Slowly, he felt Yunho's body became more comfortable in his arms. Did it work well?

"Thank you, Changmin-ah~"

---

[N/A]: Hey! I post this as fast as I can because I will have a month full of test so I'm scared that it would be hard to update. >.< enjoy the chapter, everyone! Don’t forget to leave some lovely comment below! I love you! ♥