A Cross

1 Year

I slowly opened my eyes and tried to adjust the lights. Ugh, where was I? I tried to guess where I was before suddenly I felt a grip on my hand.

"Hyung? Are you awake?"

 I turned my head and found Changmin next to my bed. He was gripping my hand tightly. I smiled at him and nodded. Suddenly he got up a bit from his chair and hugged me tightly. I was surprised.

“You scared me"

"I-I'm sorry, Changmin ah"

He pulled away and said, "Your apology could be accepted, but you have to buy me foods. Let see, I want burgers, hotdogs, pizza, spaghetti, French fries-"

"Seems like you said that you got scared to make me buy you foods," I said, cutting his words.

"Not really, I really got scared, but I still want foods"

"I'll buy you everything, okay?"

He nodded and smiled at me. "So hyung, why did you faint?" He asked suddenly, making me surprised. He stared at me with his soft big doe-like eyes. "When the doctor wanted to tell me, I just rushed here, leaving him alone without telling me anything," Changmin continued. "Now I regret it"

I chuckled. He was so cute when he was pouting a bit like that. Eh? Aish, I couldn't think like that. I had to stop this.

"I'm just tired, you know," I answered him. "Yesterday I went for a whole day business trip with my dad. And I just arrived at home at 3 a.m. But since I had already had a promise with a dongsaeng named as Changmin, I couldn't just cancel it, right?"

I didn't know if my eyes were tricking on me or not, but I saw him blushing a bit. I smiled.

I'm sorry Changmin ah...

---

"How is it, doc?"

"If he still doesn't want to do chemotherapy, like I said before, he won't last more than a year"

---

Mr. Jung came into the room as I heard some clacking sounds. He smiled at me and walked towards us - me and Yunho hyung. I didn't know why but I felt that Mr. Jung's face looked kinda sad. Was it because Yunho hyung had to be hospitalized for a while? Ah, Mr. Jung should really really love his son that he felt sad like that.

"Yunho yah, you-"

"Yes, I'm okay, dad," he said quickly. Mr. Jung hadn't even finished his sentence. "You don't have to be all scared and things. I'm just tired," he continued and smiled.

But I became curious. It was like Yunho hyung tried to hide something that he didn't want me to know even a bit. It was silent after Yunho hyung said that he was just tired. Mr. Jung looked at the IV bag, Yunho hyung, and his shoes continuously. Looked so nervous.

"Changmin ah, shouldn't you go home and sleep?" Yunho hyung suddenly said. "I think you need it too if you don't want to be sick like me," he continued and laughed.

I nodded and said, "Get well really soon hyung"

He nodded and waved his hands at me. I waved back and with that I went away from the hospital.

---

"Are you still going to be a stubborn one and don't want to do any therapy?"

"Yes"

---

"Seems like you don't enjoy this party"

I turned around and saw Yunho hyung walking towards me. I smiled at him and waved a bit. He stood next to me and ruffled my hair.

"I think you wouldn't come," I said. And yeah it made me kinda sad before. And didn't ask why because I didn't know why.

"Of course I'll come, you silly guy," he said. "It's your birthday, right?"

I nodded. He smiled and suddenly moved his hands to the back of his neck. I stared at him and waited for him to say anything. He took away the necklace from his neck. He pulled my hand and put the necklace there.

I saw him and the necklace continuously. A necklace with a silver cross. It was beautiful cross you could say.

"That's your birthday present," Yunho hyung said. I looked again at the necklace. "Why? Don't you like it?"

"I'm a Buddhist. Why should I have a cross?"

"It's not just another cross," he said. "It's been mine since 20 years ago. I really cherished this. And I want you to keep it"

I stared at the necklace and Yunho hyung continuously. 20 years and he just gave it to me like that?

"I want you to be the want to keep it," he said while turning his head to the sky. Staring at the sky while smiling, like usual. "I can't keep it forever and I think you can be the one who I can trust to keep it well," he said again. What with his words? I didn't get it. What did he mean? "So will you keep it for me?"

I nodded slowly and wore his necklace. He turned to me again and ruffled my hair.

I moved a bit closer to him, secretly took some glances at him. Why did I feel that he became paler than usual? I didn't know what had gotten into me but suddenly I took his hand and stared at the beautiful night sky, copying what he did. I could feel he was staring at me but I didn't care. At all. I didn't know why but I just wanted to hold his hand like this. I didn't ask much - like, hell, I didn't have any rights to ask anything from him.

But... Why did I feel like my heart beat faster when I spent my times with him? Not really fast, but I couldn't say that it was normal. This young man. It was exactly a month since the first time I knew him and I had already felt these kinds of things.

What shocked me was that he suddenly pulled his hand away and hugged me. Not stopping there.

He kissed me...

---

3 days after my birthday without any texts or calls from Yunho hyung were making my crazy. Where did Yunho hyung go? I sighed. I rubbed the cross lightly and whispered softly, "You stupid hyung... Where are you?"

I sighed heavily and walked downstairs. I walked slowly so that I accidentally heard his mom talked with someone by phone. She sounded so worried. Who was it?

"He fainted? Then? Omo that boy seriously"

I frowned. My mom never acted like that and it was kinda weird that suddenly she acted like that. She seemed so worried. Because of my curiosity, I secretly listened to the conversation of my mom and someone-I-absolutely-didn't-know.

"I hoped he will get better faster," my mom said and sighed. "Sometimes I don't get what's on Yunho's mind"

Oh. They were talking about Yunho..... EH WHAT?! So they were talking about Yunho hyung?! And he fainted?! Seriously what was going on here?! They asked me to befriend with him and now they were talking about Yunho hyung like he was going to die in any second.

"I will be there," my mom said and continued with some nodded and 'hm' and some 'okay's. "And be calm, don't be stressed out..... Okay, I won't tell Changmin about this"

Wouldn't tell me? Seriously. What was going on here?

I didn't like it like this...

---

[N/A] : omoooo! it's been a long time since I update this T^T I'm having my final test and I'm sick so I'm sorry that it takes a long time to update this T^T enjoy this chapter ♥