Chapter 2: 1 DAY TO GO: PART 2

Breaking Point.

Chapter 2: 1 DAY TO GO: PART 2

 

"This baby is yours.” Boa sobbed, being held against the door roughly with Taemin’s strength.

“Don’t lie to me, Boa, that’s unbelievable!” Taemin breathed in Boa’s ear with a dark tint Boa had never seen before. She truly felt terrified. Yunho had never made her feel this strong and weak.

“I’m not, I swear.” Boa almost cried hysterically in fear. Taemin stepped back and punched the air hard with his undeniable, fierce anger. Boa flinched as she reached for the handle. Taemin pulled her away and her to the bed. Boa yelled out as she protected her baby from harm. She was left crouching on the floor with fear over her child’s life.

“I can’t believe this. How are you pregnant with MY child?!” Taemin yelled with his loudest voice. He didn’t care if anyone could hear. He was furious. She was holding his child for this long. “Are you even sure?! Does Yunho know?” Taemin screamed. Boa nodded as fast as she could and stood up, holding her stomach.

“I’m a hundred per cent sure the baby is yours, Taemin. Please let me tell Yunho…” Boa sighed. She once again brushed her hair back and stared at the father-to-be. Yunho was going to be devastated but he deserved better than her anyway. Yunho was a good guy, a decent bloke. She was a and she knew it. She was filled with disgrace but she loved Taemin. It was a tearing thought that left her feeling clueless.

“WELL, YOU SILLY GIRL, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? I I’M NOT READY TO BE A FATHER! HOW COULD YOU BE PREGNANT? THIS WAS JUST A FLING, YOU KNOW? NOT SERIOUS. I MEAN, HOW COULD THIS BE SERIOUS?! HOW?! YOU’RE MARRIED AND I’M IN A RELATIONSHIP! THIS IS WRONG, GET RID OF IT, JUST GO AND… AARGH, HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?” Taemin exploded and was completely out of breath. He opened the door and ran out, rushing away from Boa with anger.

A fling? It was just a fling? Boa’s heart beat faster by each second. He didn’t take her seriously? She couldn’t believe it. After everything they had done together, every last memory they shared. It simply could not have just been a fling. Boa was truly in love with that boy. She knew that she threw too much on him in a short time, but she couldn’t keep it to herself and not tell him. She expected a harsh reaction and that’s just what she got. Yet it was too much for her to handle in reality compared to her theory. The pressure in her heart reached sky high and Boa felt light headed and hurt.

Frightened, Boa breathed out and headed towards the mirror to fix her makeup as quickly as possible, shaking uncontrollably. He had told her to get rid of it. How could she get rid of a practically 9 month old foetus? Abortion was illegal anyway but this would be the most horrific thing she could do. How could he think of such a cruel, evil thing? Yet Boa tried to think rationally and assumed Taemin, in the heat of the moment, will say anything that he hasn’t thought of. It was his childish way to release his pent-up frustration; talk mindlessly.

Knowing this, Boa wondered why it hurt her so bad and why she could barely breathe.

 

***

 

Taemin raced towards Kibum and dragged him away, outside. The fire in his heart was fully raging uncontrollably and he needed to punch someone or scream out to the world at the top of his voice. He needed to roar, shriek and cry. All his emotions were one big blockage in his unclear mind. He couldn’t think straight or sensibly. Everything at that moment just seemed stupid, insane and unreal.

“SHE’S PREGNANT!” Taemin blurted out as fast as he could, as loud as he possibly could reach. He felt immediately better after telling Kibum. Kibum knew about his relationship with Boa and even approved of it which was pretty weird. Taemin truly trusted Kibum. Yet Kibum’s eyes widened in shock and he stared past Taemin towards a girl who fast approached with loud, high-heel steps.

“No, I’m not, Oppa~” Krystal’s unmistakable voice laughed out. Her thin arms wrapped around Taemin’s neck and she kissed his cheek before whirling him around. “But I know Ara-Unnie is! How sad. I thought she was fat, too, Oppa. It’s okay to be mad.” Krystal continued, smiling brightly. She was wearing a white, puffy dress with some white flowers in her hair like an angel in the darkness. Taemin felt warm seeing her and just wanted to hug her and pinch her cheeks. She had calmed him down with her dopiness and just being cute. Kibum chuckled at her stupidity: her innocence.

“Krystal, you’re just so young and innocent!” Kibum giggled. Taemin turned and stared dumbfounded at his friend, who was younger than both of them. Kibum blushed and dashed back inside to the rest of his friends. Krystal giggled before putting her hand in Taemin’s and they both walked towards the entrance. Taemin had a lot on his mind but he let it go for the moment. It was best for him.

 

***

 

Boa and Yunho reunited together. Boa’s makeup had changed and Yunho didn’t notice. He was waiting for his mistress to appear soon. He hadn’t seen her for a week which was a long time. He knew she was going to have the baby at the same time he was going to meet his own child. Boa, on the other hand, was feeling shaky and sick and she just wanted to be home. She turned to look for Taemin and saw him holding Krystal tightly next to him, showing her off in front of his friends. She noticed Kibum glare at her with evil eyes. She felt even worse. Did he know? Did Taemin tell him?

“Are you alright?” Yunho asked. He looked towards the direction Boa was staring and looked past the younger people to see nothing. He looked at Boa and checked her forehead. She was a little hot. “You have a mild fever Boa. Do you need to go home?” He asked her, looking straight into her weak eyes. Boa looked up at him with sadness.

“No, I’ll be fine.” Boa lied through her sheer determination that was running extremely low. Yunho shrugged it off despite her pregnancy. He didn’t really understand what to do for her apart from allow her to get her way. He grinned as he kissed her forehead, attempting to soothe her. Yunho decided it must be normal to get higher temperatures to warm the unborn child as delirious as that sounded.

That’s when Jay and Ara finally appeared at the banister overhead holding hands together as a sweet couple. Yunho felt jealous in seconds. Ara looked for him through the crowd and when she saw him she smirked with playful eyes that lit the room. Jay was standing like the boring person he was- a nobody. Yunho imagined his own figure there and loved the idea. Ara and Yunho’s engagement appealed to him greatly. Then he felt Boa retch over to the side of him. She threw up on the floor, taking Yunho away from his dirty imagination. He immediately panicked.

“Oh God, Boa!” Yunho cried. He lifted her off her feet as her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she collapsed. He carried her immediately outside the Hotel through the seeing crowd to his car. Everyone stared with confusion. Yunho didn’t even have time to see Ara again. He reached the car and put her in the back and secured the seatbelt. He rushed to the front of the car.

Taemin’s heart thundered inside, begging him to go after Boa for the sake of his child; the child he only just found out about. Krystal gripped his hand tighter in support. She realised how distraught he seemed. It was unlike him.

“Imagine that!” Krystal commented with sheer innocence and ignorance. Suho, stood next to her, laughed and Kibum shook his head at her. Krystal was such a child sometimes. They didn’t understand how Taemin, a mature boy was with a crazy girl.

“Think of Noona and don’t imagine things like that!” Jonghyun shook his head the same. Krystal burned red as she realised how bad she had sounded. She smiled at Taemin who had a face of utter horror. He seemed totally startled and restless.

Taemin let go of Krystal’s hand and ran outside at full speed, surprising Krystal. He didn’t care. His true love had just collapsed and it may have been his fault. His child was inside her, growing healthily and he had crushed Boa’s health. He felt tears drain out his eyes as he watched Yunho drive away with Boa in the back. He hit his own head hard and covered his eyes, considering his next move. He took moments to breathe in the darkness before heading to his car as fast as he could possibly manage. He entered after ripping the door open and throwing himself in. He buckled his seatbelt and landed his foot on the pedal and pumped it hard with great force. The car lurched forward like a growling monster. Taemin headed straight for the hospital.

 

***

 

“Is she alright?” Yunho sobbed. It had been an hour since he had arrived. She had been taken straight a room and had countless drugs inserted into her. Yunho had no idea what had happened. He just knew that he wanted her so badly that he couldn’t think of living without her. His thoughts had drifted to Ara and all he felt was regret and sorrow. It was disgusting. His wife was holding his child and he ran to another woman carrying another man’s child. How sickening.

The doctor glared at him. “Her blood pressure is extremely high for a pregnant lady. I’m afraid she can do with no more stress. I’m assuming you’re her husband?” The doctor asked with piercing eyes. Yunho nodded shamefully. “Please take better care of your wife and baby.” The doctor sighed before walking away. Yunho wiped away his tears before entering her room with fear. She was thankfully awake.

“Oppa…” Boa began. Her monitor bleeped fast as she stared at him with teary eyes. Huge, bulging tears fell down her face and Yunho stepped up to wipe them away. “Go away.” Boa sobbed, turning slightly away from him. Yunho blinked in confusion. Guilt suddenly over-ridded his systems. Did she know about his affair?

“Look, please Boa, I promise I’ll never---” Yunho began but was cut off completely by Boa’s pleading eyes. He felt relieved for that moment that he didn’t admit his affair. Yet Boa was acting extremely unlike herself. She had earlier collapsed during the first few stages of pregnancy due to stress but that was because she had to quit her job momentarily; a job that meant everything to her- a dancing class. This was different. Her heart seemed at breaking point. Her eyes were full of hurt and pain.

“The baby isn’t yours, Oppa.” Boa admitted with tearful eyes. Yunho stared at his wife with pure dismay. Not his? What? Yunho stepped back in shock and disgust. The deadly silence in the air may as well have been daggers heading for their throats. Boa felt suffocated and extremely light-headed. Nothing seemed real. The world was spinning around her, faster each second, each next moment.

“Boa?! That’s just, why… I mean, Boa, how could you… HOW COULD YOU DO THIS? ” Yunho screeched as Boa opened again. Yunho kicked her bed hard and punched the frame with a growl. He stared at Boa before pulling out some of his own hair. “YOU !” He whispered into her ear with his deepest, darkest voice. “I MEAN HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?” He yelled louder than he had ever before. “THAT CHILD- GOD DAMN IT, HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MINE, BOA!” He kicked the bed once more before landing on the floor in tears, crouching down. He stood back up and stamped his foot furiously.

Boa attempted to push herself forward and tried to stand up but she felt far too weak and ill. Her pulse had dramatically increased and her breathing was harsh and irregular, hurting her lungs with each breath. She needed Taemin immediately. He needed to calm her down. She wanted him. Yunho was like a murderous beast in front of her, and she didn’t need this. She then realised how much she wanted Yunho and her mind felt numb at her endless thoughts.

“HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?” Yunho shrieked at her before slapping her hard across her face despite her illness. He instantly regretted what he committed as Boa’s face burnt red against her sickly pale face, not to mention the sweat dripping down her forehead like beads. Her eyes stared in shame back at him and tears flooded her eyes before spilling down.

“Yunho, please,” Boa began weakly but Yunho, in his fury, slapped her face once again, making her head knock backwards almost dangerously. She moaned out and more tears splashed down her face. She closed her eyes and with fear and horror, she waited for another hit. After all, it wouldn’t have been the first time she was beaten by him.

“JUST SHUT UP BOA! NOTHING YOU CAN SAY WILL CHANGE THIS!” Yunho turned and punched the wall before turning back to his unlawful wife. He felt like he could erupt the volcano inside of him extremely soon. He knew the family would see him as a shameful man who couldn’t control his wife. He knew he’d be looked down on. Boa would have to leave for life before they found out. Say she had taken the baby and disappeared.

“P-p-please…” Boa attempted to plead once more after opening her eyes and seeing him glaring at her and crying simultaneously. He raised his hand once more and Boa stopped breathing in fear as it aimed towards her face like a sharp monster.

“DON’T RAISE YOUR HAND TO BOA.” Taemin roared behind them after bursting in. He punched Yunho to the floor and kicked him before standing over Boa to protect her. Yunho blinked slowly on the floor as he faced the young kid. He turned to Boa who was hysterical now. Her face was a darker shade of red and a paler shade of white. The pieces clicked together in that instant. Yunho stood up and grinned at his wife with pure insanity running in his veins. He wiped away his tears and chuckled more. Not one part of him felt guilty any longer. It all made sense. It all made stinking sense. Boa was sneaking around a lot. He noticed she spent more time with younger people but took it as nothing. She was sociable but he had always thought she was loyal; she belonged to him. He felt his bitter heart take over his soul. He didn’t care anymore. He couldn’t care anymore. The woman he had loved wasn’t carrying his child. She didn’t want him. She wanted a boy over a man. He didn’t care. No more.

“Oh Boa, Boa, Boa.” He laughed as he stepped back towards the door. “And you, Taemin.” Yunho smirked at his wife without any shame or remorse. Taemin looked away from him to see Boa’s abnormal face. Fury and adrenaline filled his body. He could have killed Yunho. Yunho watched as Boa’s pulse was as fast as a bird’s and turned away to see Taemin standing in horror. “Shall I add fire to the situation?” He asked as Boa’s eyes began losing focus on his. The whites of her face turned deathly. Even where he had hit her face; that bright red- had become deathly-coloured. Taemin and Boa were listening intently. Yunho was feeling powerful. “I had an affair with Ara.” He announced almost proudly. Boa’s heart beat uncontrollably and her eyes began rolling back. 

He heard the hospital alarm go off in slow motion as he realised she was having a heart attack. Without regret he walked out the room, not caring whether Boa lived or died. She had disobeyed him. That was the only thing travelling through his mind. He knew Boa had a weak heart as it was and her condition had considerably worsened since her pregnancy. Yet it was not his child. She was not his. She was a that deserved death for her unlawful, disgraceful actions. He walked down the corridor and was shoved aside as the same doctor as before pushed him roughly with hatred, knowing Yunho had provoked and harmed Boa a lot more. Yunho did not care one tiny bit anymore. He had given up on his life. It had been there one moment and torn away from him the next.


^.^ Chullys~~