Chapter 5: The Fateful Day.

Breaking Point.

FINAL: THE FATEFUL DAY.

 

Jay and Ara were both sleeping side by side in a bed. Krystal and Amber had to leave since they couldn’t stay over-night. Ara was tucked under and Jay was half-off on the top on the duvet with drool running down his face. Ara slowly woke up and she opened her eyes to the bright light and looked across the room. Next to the bed lay a cot with her baby son lying in it, fast asleep. At that moment, a nurse walked in slowly and checked on the sleeping baby. Ara watched with half-closed eyes to pretend she was asleep. The nurse spent five minutes writing on her notebook and checking her son. After that, she left with a smile after looking at Jay and Ara. The door shut.

Ara slipped her feet out of bed and slowly brushed away the duvet to head to her son. The twinkles of tears in her eyes formed like diamonds in her vision. She wiped them away and stared down at the beautiful boy- Yunho’s son.

“I love you my son, I’m sorry…” Ara whispered out loud to the child. That moment, a flash appeared in front of her eyes like a spark out of nowhere. It had been above the baby’s head like an angel or a guardian. The tears from Ara’s eyes dropped like rain and splashed upon the floor, sending Ara into a haze, a land of pretty, white, blossoming flowers. The spark ahead of her bloomed into a shining Angel. Ara walked towards it, curious with her heart beating fast. She could smell the pretty scents of the white lilies around her. The Angel suddenly disappeared and she found herself staring at a ceiling, rolling through flashing lights. She looked around and realised she was being wheeled to the operation theatre.

“Ara… ” Jay ran aside her, sobbing uncontrollably. Ara stared at him with her pale, deathly face. She was confused and lost. All she could feel was pain down her sides, around her diaphragm and heart, as though someone had popped a hole inside of her like she was a balloon. Her mind disconnected and nothing added up in her mind. She became numb to her senses before the white light flashed into her eyes again, awakening her from darkness.

“She’s suffering from a fatal internal bleeding! We need to get her in NOW!” An unfamiliar voice roared. She looked over to her side to see Jay. He had not spoken the words. Perhaps it was a doctor. He smiled at her through teary eyes.

“You’ll be okay, Ara, I forgive you, I love you.” Jay held her hand before kissing her forehead softly with all his heart.  The sound of doors smashing open distracted her and his hand left hers. Her sight was beginning to disappear but she forced herself to stay conscious.

“I WANT TO BE WITH HER!” Jay’s voice yelled loudly to her, helping her stay wide awake. She forced open. She wanted Jay more than anything in the whole wide world. She loved him so much. She realised how much time she had wasted, the lies and the cheating… She was too late and now God was punishing her harshly.

“J-Jay…” She whispered. Jay ran forward, forcing away the nurses and doctors- knocking them to the ground. He rushed to her and stared at her sad eyes. “Kim Younghyun.” She whispered before giving up on herself. She watched Jay fade to darkness slowly and watched his mouth open wide and his eyes seem as though they would explode. The tears that gushed out heart Ara’s heart even more. She could no longer see or hear him. She could feel his touch on her skin and even that faded to nothingness.

She returned to the land of lilies and watched her Angel take her hand before disappearing into the spark it originated from.

 

***

 

The snow had fallen thick. Jaejoong looked across the room to watch more snowflakes land on the white sheet. It was now New Year’s Eve and the city would be magical for that night- Jaejoong imagined. He could see himself building a snowman sometime or perhaps create a snow angel like they did in the movies. He could go skiing maybe, or perhaps have a winter barbeque. He could invite all his friends and drink soju together. It was a perfect plan for the perfect New Year’s Eve. He looked back to his friend who was lying in a coma, barely fighting for his life. He sighed as he withheld his god-forsaken tears. It was the worst moment of his life.

“Yunho… ah…” Jaejoong began, stepping towards his unconscious friend with a smile, hoping Yunho would just wake up and ask what or something- a small interaction. He had been released from the operation theatre only 5 hours earlier and Jaejoong had only been with him for an hour as he couldn’t visit before he was properly stabilized. The whole hour had been torture. It wasn’t real.

“Ah Yunho…” Jaejoong began again before sitting on the chair adjacent to the bed. “I don’t even know what I’m doing.” He sighed regretfully. He wanted to say something witty that would make Yunho laugh and wake up. No funny thoughts came into his mind. “I’ve been doing this for a while now, I’m just hoping you wake up before 2013 hits …” he realised the wording was the worst. Yunho had hit another car- a truck- and consequently was lying there. “…I just really want to drink soju with you but maybe the doctors won’t allow it. Should I sneak it into your blood?” He joked casually trying to spark a reaction. Nothing happened. Not even a flinch or a twitch. He sighed before standing up. He faced the window again to continue watching the snow fall down rhythmically. It was magical.

He suddenly felt thirsty so decided to momentarily leave Yunho. He walked out the doors and walked down the corridors. The hall smelt of chlorine- a smell that made him feel queasy, like a swimming pool. He felt uncertain about himself but all he wanted to do was drink some water. He headed towards the café, but then quickly decided to have some fresh air. He headed out the main doors and left to go towards his car to check on it. Then he’d get a drink.

On the way out, he heard the familiar voice… Lee Taemin’s unmistakable voice. He felt curious and turned to see him holding a baby in his arms heading towards his own car. Jaejoong raised his eyebrow as he headed towards Taemin. The feeling of the snow beneath his feet felt refreshing. It was like a new, crisp start, a new clean, white sheet.

“Hello, Taemin.” Jaejoong greeted politely. Taemin spun to see Jaejoong and stared at him guiltily. Taemin knew Jaejoong was Yunho’s best friend. Perhaps Yunho finally decided to see Boa- although with regret Taemin knew it was too late. He gulped at his hyung.

“Hyung.” Taemin smiled without bowing. He couldn’t with his baby in his arms but he nodded his head politely instead. Jaejoong stared at the beautiful baby.

“That’s a pretty baby! Is it a boy or a girl?” Jaejoong asked casually. Taemin stepped back towards his car and watched Jaejoong glare at him suddenly; coldly. Taemin wanted to escape Seoul and head towards a new country, he wanted a new start.

“My baby girl.” Taemin said softly. He stepped back towards his car, trying to leave Jaejoong. Jaejoong stepped closer and was angry- Taemin could feel it. He opened the passenger door and placed his baby daughter in the new baby-seat he had prepared that morning. He closed the door before facing Jaejoong.

“Who’s the mother?” Jaejoong asked, putting his face close to Taemin’s aggressively. Taemin stepped further back, heading towards the front of his car so he could get to the other side, get in his car seat and escape from Jaejoong. He did not want to tell Jaejoong. “It’s Boa’s, isn’t it?” Jaejoong didn’t wait for an answer. “Yunho’s in a coma. Where is that ?” Jaejoong asked with a cold, stern voice. Taemin’s blood boiled.

“Yunho is still alive maybe you should care for him. This is my precious daughter, Lee Boa Hyomin. Boa is no more so please do not curse her.” Taemin spoke softly. He reached his own door and stared at Jaejoong.

“Where will you go?” Jaejoong asked softly.

“I don’t know. Wherever life will take me.” Taemin answered. He opened his door and sat inside. Jaejoong knew he could do nothing to stop the boy. It was not Yunho’s son, and now that child’s biological mother was gone. As much as he hated Taemin at that moment, he knew that Taemin was doing the right thing.

Taemin drove off in the falling snow. Jaejoong looked up at the sky and smiled as more snowflakes fell on top of him. He faced the hospital and walked towards it, feeling the cold wind pass through his hair. He felt sad and lost yet he accepted this fate. He knew Yunho truly loved Boa and would be heartbroken to see her gone. He had to be there. The cold seemed less welcoming now. It just seemed like pain and tortures after all this mess. He watched a single snowflake reach the snowy ground before entering the hospital with a disheartened mind.

 

***

 

EPILOGUE: 5 Years Later.

“Hyominnie! Come to daddy!” Taemin grinned as his precious daughter ran towards him from her ballet class- something Boa would have wanted. She was as happy as ever to see her protector, her father. She hugged her father tightly and he lifted her up. They walked home together with her in his arms. He looked up at the sky for a moment and felt as though Boa was watching them. The other mothers walked away from Taemin with disgust spread across their faces after he walked out the doors.

“Appa, I love you.” Hyomin whispered shyly into her father’s ear. Taemin kissed his daughter’s cheek and laughed. He didn’t care what anyone else thought- all those mothers, elders, he didn’t care.

“Appa loves you, too.” Taemin grinned. Hyomin giggled. Taemin let his daughter walk and hand-in-hand, they walked back to their apartment with happiness.

 

***

 

“Yunho!” Jaejoong called softly. Yunho walked towards his friend awkwardly. He was standing in front of a mirror in the suit-store, trying on clothes for his wedding day. Yunho grinned at the sight of his smart friend. “What do you think?” He asked. Yunho rolled his eyes.

“They’re the same, every last one of them…” Yunho sweat-dropped. Jaejoong stamped his foot childishly and began to strop. Yunho rolled his eyes once again before pointing at the previous black, white and red suit. Jaejoong grinned and headed towards the suit.

Yunho sat down as Jaejoong wanted to re-try on that suit for another opinion. He felt sad that he wasn’t with anyone. No other woman appealed to him ever since the incident. He wanted to know where the little child was. He thought of Jay who had re-married a lovely woman, Taeyeon. She was a mother to Ara’ son, Younghyun. He thought it was about time he found someone. He needed to get on with his life. Boa and Ara… they were irreplaceable. He needed to fill the obvious emptiness in his life with love.


Well, that was my story. I hope someone found it touching although it was a mess.... I wrote outside the box of normal storylines, this was my idea.... Heh.