Chapter 3: 1 DAY TO GO: PART 3

Breaking Point.

Chapter 3: 1 DAY TO GO: PART 3

 

“Where did Taemin go?” Krystal asked worriedly after leaving 1000 missed calls and over a million texts to his phone. Kibum was stood quietly staring at the floor. He understood that Taemin meant Boa’s baby was his. He knew about the affair and didn’t mind supporting Taemin. He somehow didn’t think Krystal was right for him and that Boa was. He thought he was naïve at first but understood how Taemin could ditch Krystal. Krystal was more like a sister than a lover. Krystal gripped her phone and bit her lip, walking side to side, unable to stop fidgeting.

“I don’t know. Who cares? Let’s just party for Jay and Go Ara! Long live J-ara!” Jonghyun giggled with aeygo. Krystal laughed with a fake smile and downed her wine before strutting off to her older sister. She tapped Jessica who turned around with fright.

“Unnie, I need to talk…” Krystal suddenly burst into tears, dropping her glass to the floor; smashing it. She turned to Kibum and saw that he stared at her coldly. With a shriek she kicked away glass pieces and yelled. Jessica grasped her sister’s wrist tightly and headed for the toilets in shame, dragging her sister away. Krystal was then sobbing uncontrollably.

“What the Hell is wrong with you?! No need to make a scene.” Jessica rolled her eyes. Her phone suddenly rang and Jessica answered it. “Oppa, ah, I’ll come out in a second. No, she’s fine. Aish that was quick. No, no, she’s just a drama queen. Yes, don’t worry, aish. Bye.” Jessica put down her phone leaving Krystal curious. “That was Donghae. He cleaned up your mess and is worried about you. My boyfriend is worried about you! Trust him to be too kind. What’s wrong anyway?” Jessica asked again. Krystal stared at her older with sad eyes. Jessica was annoyed and Krystal knew it. Jessica was always around to pick Krystal back up and Krystal could do nothing in return. Jessica was a busy, popular, careful young lady and Krystal? She was the nuisance, the pain in the family.

“I think Taemin Oppa cheated on me.” Krystal finally admitted, knowing that she couldn’t hide it from her sister. Jessica was her best friend and she couldn’t just drop the subject and leave Jessica hanging. “He tried to break it off with me so many times, Unnie.” Krystal sobbed. Jessica’s eyes were full of concern. She realised how upset Krystal truly was and hugged her. Krystal felt her heart sink in disappointment with herself. She couldn’t handle her feelings.

“Boys are jerks.” Jessica said simply. Krystal nodded as Jessica continued thoughtfully. “But what makes you say that?” She probed. Krystal stared at herself in the mirror and sobbed even more, unable to spill the words her heart was speaking. Jessica was feeling afraid of Krystal’s behaviour. She was becoming more dependant and childish. If Krystal couldn’t control her feelings about her boyfriend at the age of eighteen, what hope did she have for the future?

“I just… I just feel like he is, I can’t explain this feeling.” Krystal let out her true feeling with fear of Jessica’s reaction. Jessica nodded and tapped her sister’s back with love. That was all Jessica could do. She wished she could do more but Krystal was no longer a child. Krystal sobbed some more, hugging her Unnie with love and thankfulness for simply listening. Taemin was such a caring boy but then he changed. It had been a year since he had been acting distant and tried to break it but Krystal wouldn’t allow it. She loved him and needed him. She felt useless and pathetic without him. He was her world, her all. Krystal simply couldn’t face the idea of losing him.

“It’ll be alright, just a silly feeling. Let’s get you cleaned up and then we’ll go back out and enjoy ourselves.” Jessica smiled sweetly, deciding that was the best thing to do at that moment. Krystal nodded hopefully and pulled out her makeup from her bag. She reapplied it slowly and Jessica re-did hers with an awkward smile. Krystal felt slightly happier that her sister was sticking alongside her even then.

 

***

 

Yunho managed to return to the hotel. His thoughts were on Boa’s deathly pale face; her dark eyes and the tears he had created. Yet he forced himself not to feel guilt. She was a waste of time. He gulped as he realised there would be no going back to her, no matter what. He pushed through a back exit and entered to find Ara- his last hope. He went through the crowd and hid his face before reaching her. Jay was standing next to her when he spotted her. He turned just as Yunho approached her. Jay turned around and saw Yunho. He grinned and pulled Yunho’s and Ara’s wrist, heading back towards the back exit. Both Yunho and Ara were silent with confusion. Once outside, Jay began laughing hysterically.

“Let’s get this right. You both take me FOR A FOOL!?” Jay bellowed at the pair with disgust, spitting on Yunho and glaring at Ara. “I know about your dirty secret, Ara, Yunho.” He almost choked on air with force. He began hyperventilating but continued to glare with hatred. “Yunho, you know that baby is yours? Yes? I DID A DNA TEST, ARA.” Jay screeched. He slapped Ara’s face and she fell down to her knees in shame with sudden tears streaming down her face. Jay stamped his foot in frustration and turned away from her.

“I’m sorry, Oppa, I love you Oppa, I love you, I love you…” Ara repeated endlessly making Jay laugh louder and crazier. Yunho helped Ara up whilst feeling extremely shameful and shocked beyond help. He was the father… not of Boa’s baby but Ara’s. He felt sick to the core after realising what condition he felt Boa in at the hospital… He was no better at all. He hadn’t just slept with Ara. He had got her pregnant. He was mortified at himself. His wife, his other half, the woman he married because he loved her; the woman who did exactly what he had done… he had left that woman to die. To die alone without him. With a minor- a mere boy. Without the man who truly loved her, who wanted her? Yunho began hyperventilating and his head spun around. He vomited bile and walked away speedily from the fighting couple. Forget the baby Ara was holding… he realised, at that moment, how much he needed his wife, more than anything else in the world. He had done the worst deed; she had done the worst deed. They were meant for each other. They could get past it. If… if… if she survived. Yunho stepped further back and his eyes felt blood-shot. He looked up at the sky and roared with all the force inside his soul.

 

“IF YOU LOVED ME YOU WOULDN’T HAVE GONE OFF WITH THAT MARRIED MAN!” Jay shrieked at the top of his voice. He looked towards Yunho and chuckled before shrieking at Ara again. Ara was feeling extremely ashamed of herself yet she felt content with Yunho. She turned to see him yelling at the sky like a mad man or a man that had lost everything. Ara turned back to Jay and felt a spark in the air that made her feel a whoosh of heat feel her face. She stared at Jay as her heart beat faster with love. She turned back to Yunho and felt completely nothing. She needed to understand why she even drifted from her beloved.

“YOU’RE IN LOVE WITH YOUR CAREER! I needed someone and Yunho was there for me!” Ara attempted to plead through her tears, realising that Yunho was just a replacement: nothing important. She turned to Yunho. She watched him run off at full speed without checking to see if she was okay – or his baby for that matter.

“I’m not in love with my career, GOD DAMN IT, ARA! I’VE ALWAYS LOVED YOU! How am I supposed to make a living for us? AND THAT CHILD!” Jay sobbed…

 

***

 

Yunho was in the car park and used his key to get into his car. He shoved in the key into the hole and turned it. The exhaust roared to life and the lights on the dashboard glowed. He felt his tears well up and realised that he was in no state to drive. He needed someone who would always be there for him. The only person he could turn to was simply one phone call away. He dialled the familiar number and waited until he picked up. The call went through. Yunho waited for his breathing to become level. Then he presumed to talk into the phone.

“Jaejoong.” He paused with pain in his eyes and fear in his voice. “I need to meet, please.” Yunho whispered into the phone. He looked up at the lightening sky. It seemed snow was going to fall, just in time for the New Year’s.

Jaejoong paused before answering, leaving Yunho waiting uncomfortably. “Just tell me what happened now, I’ll come to you. Where are you?” He asked. Yunho breathed out in relief before replying cautiously. He knew that Jaejoong would come, whenever.

“At Ara’s engagement party. Please just hurry.” Yunho pleaded quietly but frantically. Jaejoong sighed into the phone, making Yunho feel immensely tense. The last person he wanted to ever annoy was Jaejoong.

“I asked what happened.” Jaejoong pressed. Yunho closed his eyes and put the phone away from his face to breathe for a few seconds. He put it back to his ear after calming himself down as much as he could.

“Boa’s baby isn’t mine. Ara’s is.” Yunho concluded with disbelief. It was disastrous. Jaejoong’s voice breathed into the phone and he mumbled something that sounded like ‘unbelievable’. Yunho felt tears drop down his eyes. He leaned his head back against the rest and lay there.

“This… wow. Wait there, I’m coming.” Jaejoong cut the phone. Yunho looked back out the window and felt extremely at a loss at what he could possibly do to stop this getting any worse. He couldn’t imagine what could be worse than his situation. He felt so helpless and stupid. He wanted to end his life. He remembered all the bad memories as they flooded back into his mind. He felt extremely sorrowful and suicidal.

 

***

 

Taemin waited outside the operating theatre with a heavy heart and a pessimistic mind. He knew that Boa wasn’t well now and that her condition was terrible. His baby was on the way. He couldn’t think straight anymore. He decided to bring out his phone and jumped back when he realised how many missed calls and messages he had from Krystal. Taemin phoned her back and she answered with the first ring.

“WHERE ARE YOU?” Krystal screamed down the phone. Taemin’s heart beat fast as he realised he needed to end their relationship. Instantly.

“I’m… not coming back, Krystal. Ever.” Taemin regretfully finished through the phone. He knew she’d get the message. He just wanted her to get out his life, immediately.

“W-what do you mean?!” Krystal suddenly sobbed through the phone. “YOU… You can’t end it Taemin. I LOVE YOU! How can you do this to me after everything we’ve been through?” Krystal became hysterical through the phone. Taemin felt his own tears drip down his face and stood up to walk outside. He needed the fresh, crisp, cold air to soothe him. He looked at the bright red light and quietly prayed before walking away to attempt to finish Krystal.

“Look Krystal, I tried to… finish this… before you were hurt but I couldn’t.” Taemin admitted truthfully. He heard Krystal breathe fast and shallow through the phone. He felt his own heart beat unbelievably fast and uncomfortably. This was the moment he had looked forward to and the worst moment he ever had to face.

“W-why d-d-didn’t you, huh?” Krystal sobbed into the phone. Taemin felt more tears drop. “Why? WHY, TAEMIN, WHY?” Krystal screamed. Taemin was finally outside and was staring at the car park of the hospital, watching pregnant women with their husbands and family walk in happily.

“You didn’t allow me. Don’t deny it Krystal.” Taemin answered with anger. He didn’t need Krystal to believe he wanted to be with her. He never wanted to the moment he fell in love with Boa. He loved Boa and Krystal was like baggage he couldn’t loosen. He wanted her to disappear from his life. She was the last hassle he needed in his life.

“Why are we here? When did this happen? DID YOU CHEAT ON ME?” Krystal shrieked into the phone. Taemin imagined her standing in a crowd, on the floor, on her knees; sobbing in hysterics with his friends trying to take the phone away from her so she could calm down. He knew how stubborn she was and how much she’d try to keep their relationship. She was an attention seeker; someone who would do whatever she could to make things right. He knew it wasn’t working for her. He’d never, ever return to Krystal.

“KRYSTAL! FOR GOD’S SAKE STOP BEING SUCH A ! YOU’RE DELUSIONAL! YOU’RE PATHETIC! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE YOU STUPID GIRL! YOU MEAN NOTHING TO ME, OKAY? YOU MEAN NOTHING! DON’T TALK TO ME ANYMORE! I DON’T WANT YOU IN MY LIFE. YOU WERE SUCH A WASTE OF MY TIME! YOU’RE AN IDIOT, KRYSTAL! NO ONE LIKES YOU.” Taemin breathed as he hadn’t taken a proper breath. He felt that his face was bright red. The people entering the hospital past him seemed terrified. “FOR GOD’S SAKE I KNOW I NEVER LOVED YOU. YOU’RE A LOSER I JUST PLAYED AROUND WITH. NOW LEAVE ME ALONE AND DON’T BOTHER ME EVER AGAIN.” Taemin roared down at her. He completely ended the phone call before throwing his phone across the road where it landed without damage. He heard that his phone was ringing and knew it was Krystal again. He ran to the phone and kicked it further into the road where a car ran over it, destroying it. He yelled to the yellow sky with so much hatred and anger.

 

***

 

Krystal was truly on the floor in the hall, sobbing uncontrollably. She had too much to drink and was continuing trying to ring Taemin and received nothing. He hated her. He used her. Yet she loved him far too much to let this go so easily. She knew he was mad and she wanted to fix it immediately. She hit the floor with hysterical tears and continued to dial Taemin’s number with her free hand. Jessica watched her sister with shame and turned to her friends with tears in her eyes.

“She’s just so damn…” Jessica began. She couldn’t finish her sentence. She ran outside and all her friends followed in protection. Krystal looked up as her best friend had appeared. Amber pulled up her friend and then, with a growl, she slapped Krystal’s face. Krystal’s head stayed turned in humiliation. She closed her eyes and prayed that it was all a sickening nightmare. She couldn’t believe Taemin had said all this to her. She was still sobbing so Amber slapped her publically again, this time more swiftly and harder than the previous.

Amber clawed at Krystal’s hand and pulled her out the back exit. Krystal continued to walk without thinking; on automatic. Her mind was utterly blank and lost. She could no longer think for herself or even begin to see the future of her life. As far as she knew her life was completely over. Outside, she looked up to see the yellow-ish clouds drop down little sprinkles of snow with their majestic beauty beginning to stick to the floor. It was, after all, winter. Amber shoved Krystal towards her car and unlocked it with another angry mutter beneath her breath. Krystal got in without thinking.

“Krystal. Just stop. Snap out of it, you’re pissing me off. Boys come, boys go, get over it and stop over-reacting” Amber finally spoke truthfully with anger drowning her voice. Krystal turned to her friend and sighed, realising how pathetic she was acting. Yet a part of her still wanted to cry and weep and scream. She felt split into two. Her mind was wavering without direction. Yet despite this, she knew how she had to act. She sighed and stared out another window and saw Ara and Jay yelling at each other in an ally.

“Amber, look!” Krystal yelled out. Amber looked towards the direction Krystal was pointing and gasped. Without words, both of the girls jumped out the car and headed towards them quickly. Ara was crying and Jay was laughing like a mental person. Amber gulped and Krystal felt nervous. Krystal had to keep her misfortune out of her mind as she knew someone needed help.

“OPPA PLEASE JUST LISTEN TO ME!” Ara screeched at Jay with her full force. Jay slapped her once again, making her lose her balance and almost fall. She stopped her fall by grabbing Jay and using his body to stand straight.

Amber and Krystal remained hidden, watching curiously. Both didn’t know whether to intervene or leave it. It was a sad scene and they knew there must have been a damn good reason for him to hit a super-heavily pregnant woman. He was the father and husband after all.

“Listen to what?! HOW YOU AND YUNHO HAD A BABY?” Jay yelled. Krystal gasped and turned to Amber, horrified. The words she never thought she’d hear came out like the sound of thunder with a bright blue sky.

“Yunho had an affair!? But Boa! She… she fainted!” Krystal whispered urgently, remembering Yunho taking Boa out instantly. Amber covered Krystal’s mouth and continued to listen frantically, horrified to hear such unexpected, vicious words.

Jay grabbed Ara’s hair and pulled her towards his car. Amber and Krystal decided it was time to intervene. The woman was definitely in the wrong but she was pregnant with an innocent child that had done nothing wrong. Amber and Krystal shot over in seconds. Amber pulled Ara back as Krystal punched Jay’s face.

“WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?” Amber yelled, protecting Ara. Ara was breathing heavily behind her and Amber heard the sound of water dropping to the floor. In horror she spun around to find a puddle beneath Ara’s legs. Jay stared with disbelief on the floor and Krystal’s eyes bulged. Ara stepped back in her own disgust and wept even more.

“THE BABY’S COMING!” Ara shrieked.


Chullys~~~~ >.< there's only two more chapters after this one, and I'm in the process of editing them~~~~ I posted all my edited (to the best I could) ones. Thanks for reading! That was three updates in one :)