Everybody has their own problems

Sometimes, Even A Single Person Is Enough

It was just Ren's luck to get sick while staying in a hospital 24/7 because of a broken  leg. He frowned at his sore throat while cursing Mother Nature for hating him. Not only was he till covered with bruises (not to mention his broken nose) but now his eyes were bloodshot and appeared to be sunken because of the dark circles beneath them. He hadn't managed to fall asleep due to the difficulties he had with breathing. Said difficulties were caused by his constantly running nose and the fact that he went into a almost suffocating coughing fit whenever he tried to breath through his mouth. He felt the cold in his bones, making his whole body hurt, and he couldn't move a single muscle because of his exhaustion. Ren only hoped that Minhyun will come to visit him today. He really needed something to take his mind off his sickness, although the fact that the brown-haired teen was good company didn't hurt either. Ren blushed scarlet remembering the conversation they had had a couple of days ago. He his his flaming cheeks in his hands, willing for his beating heart to slow down.

Meanwhile, Minhyun was furious. Today the teacher had some kind of a meeting later so his classmates and he had been obligated to go to school in the morning along with those idiots. Now, no matter where he, JR or Aaron went, people called them hurtful names and insulted them. Baekho wasn't fairing any better. The student's taunted him with the fact that his mother had committed suicide long ago and threw all type of insulting statements towards him like "Your mother killed herself because she was ashamed to have such a weird son like you". Baekho had been gritting his teeth the whole day until he had finally snapped and beat the crap out of them. And that's how he had gotten himself suspended for a week.

Right now, Minhyun was hiding in a deserted hallway, trying to remember something that was Geography-related when suddenly someone stopped right in front of him, blocking some of the light.

"Hey, Minhyun. Long time no see, huh?" sneered the person in front of him and the brown-haired teen forced himself to look up. There, stood Tiffany in all her glory. He remembered Tiffany. How could he forget her when she had forced him to date her.

"What do you want?" he asked dryly not really caring about her answer.

"Just to know if you're still a ." she shrugged her shoulder. Ah, yes! Tiffany had always been the one who had found out he was gay and then proceeded to tell the whole school about it, effectively ruining his social and making him a target for other boys to bully.

"Yes." growled the teen through clenched teeth, forcing himself to calm down and continue reading his book.

"Hmm? Pity. What'ya readin'? Some kind of a gay romance novel?"

"That's my Geography book. Now, if you don't mind, please go away and let me read about the Himalayas.

"You know..." she whispered sickeningly sweetly, shortening the distance between their lips. "I can teach you a lot about Geography. Even take you to places you've never been.

The ual innuendo was evident in her voice so Minhyun had no trouble figuring out what she had meant. Her lips had just been about to close the gap between them when the boy jumped away from her.

"What do you think you're doing?" he shouted angrily making Tiffany instantly feel irritated.

"Oh, come on, Minhyun! You're too handsome to be a ! Just look at what you can have." she yelled while getting up and gesturing towards her beautiful  body. Minhyun cringed in disgust. He.Was.Gay! He didn't find her curves and their squishiness attractive.

"Oh, don't look at me like that! There's no way a guy could be prettier than me!" and then she stomped her foot. Like the girls in those freaking American movies. Tiffany was wrong however. Minhyun didn't know about other people but personally he found Ren to be prettier than her. And not to mention a lot nicer.

"WHO IS HE?" screeched Tiffany, having noticed the lovesick look which appeared on his face whenever he thought about the blonde. "Who is he? TELL ME!"

Minhyun didn't answer, instead he just looked at her funnily. Tiffany was red and shaking from anger. She prepared to hit him but just then the bell rang and the boy fled the hallway, hurrying towards his next class, leaving a furious Tiffany behind him. 'I'll find out who he is.' she swore. 'Then I'll find the and kill him. You. Are. Mine. Minhyun.'

He felt so annoyed. He really did. He just needed something to...to make him feel calm. Maybe he should check on Ren. It has been a couple of days, after all and he had started craving Ren's company. He just...he had been feeling really shy since that SMS he had sent the blonde. He didn't know what he was going to say to the other. Will they act normal? Or will everything be awkward. He didn't know. He was so afraid but...his heart and body craved for Ren's closeness while his ears wanted to feel the younger boy's voice. He just couldn't ignore that feeling.

Finally the classes ended and everybody was preparing to go home. Minhyun was walking down the hallway when he saw JR and walked up to him.

"Hey, I'm going to come home later, ok? Warn umma, please." he announced.

"Sure. Go find your girlfriend." teased JR causing Minhyun to blush.

"He's not my-" he started to say but his hyung interrupted him.

"I saw the way you smiled. We all did. And I know what your expression means. Now, shoo. Don't make him wait." after the words had left JR's mouth, the younger blushed even more and ran towards the hospital, cursing his brother and his damned smirk.

He opened the door and the sight in front of him horrified him. Ren looked so...broken.

"Oh God! Ren are you okay?" stupid question. It was obvious the blonde was not well.

"No." croaked the younger. And it was true. Everything swam before the blonde's eyes. Minhyun touch the sick boy's forehead and gasped.

"Ren, you're burning. Do you have fever?"

"No. Some kind of seasonal virus." the younger had difficulties with talking, that much was obvious. The way he twitched and twisted his body while coughing, in order to lessen the pain in his chest, made Minhyun feel awful. Ren was so frail and delicate. It truly broke his heart to see him like this.

"I'm so tired." groaned the teen. "Haven't slept all night."

And with that he closed his eyes. Minhyun looked at the blonde's peaceful face and decided to leave him sleep in peace but a hand, wrapping around his wrist stopped him.

"Stay. Please. I'm so alone." Ren whispered, flushing slightly. Minhyun laced their finger together and smiled.

"I'll stay, don't worry. Sleep now." and with that he placed a really soft kiss on Ren's warm forehead. The blonde just smiled faintly half-asleep already and set off for dreamland. Now that Minhyun's warmness reached him through their laced finger he didn't have any problems falling in a peaceful slumber.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: These days I've been really sick. In my country there really is a seasonal virus like that this ear and unfortunately I caught it. Luckily, it only lasted 4 days but still, it was awful and unlike Ren, I didn't have a loving Minhyun by my side to make me feel better =D