Thank You...?

Sometimes, Even A Single Person Is Enough

The moment Ren opened his eyes he immediately closed them again, because the light made his head pound like there was no tomorrow. He felt as if a train went over him three times. The pain in his nose and leg was almost unbearable and, judging by how his body felt, he probably looked like . He slowly tried to sit up but that resulted in burning pain going through him, making him groan.

"Oh, you're awake!" the unfamiliar voice made the boy open his eyes at once and turn his head towards it so fast that the pounding in his head almost made him faint again.

"Careful! Your wounds are pretty serious." beckoned him the voice which, Ren realized, actually belonged to a boy. The blonde opened his eyes, slowly this time, and saw that the person in front of him was a really pretty boy with light-brown hair and warm brown eyes.

"Who are you?" asked the injured teen, while frowning at how hoarse his voice sounded.

"My name is Hwang Minhyun. I...found you lying on the bathroom's floor with some really deep wounds and brought you here." answered the brown-haired boy and the effeminate boy found that there was something it his voice which made him feel safe...Or maybe that was just the fact that the other was the one who had found him and brought him to the hospital, in which they were right now.

"Thank you." the words were barely audible, but Minhyun heard them and smiled. "Why were you in our school? I've never seen you before."

And it was true. This was the first time, Ren saw the other teen. The smile on Minhyun's face disappeared .

"I go to the same school but I...have classes later."

"Later? Why?" the blonde frowned but added "If you don't mind me asking."

"Personal reasons." Minhyun said while frowning and after that nobody said anything. The silence between them was so awkward that Ren had the sudden urge to leave the room and he would have probably done it, if he could move, without fainting.

His thoughts were interrupted by his parents entering the room.

"Oh, God, my poor baby! I thought you'll go into comma. I was so worried!" exclaimed his mother and went to hug him, but a hand on her shoulder stopped her.

"Don't! You'll hurt him if you hug him while he's in this condition." said Ren's father.

"I was so worried." she started sobbing and went to Minhyun, taking him in her arms. "Thank you! I don't know what I would do if you hadn't found him."

"Don't worry, Mrs. Choi! He's fine now. I couldn't just leave him there."

"You know her name?" Ren managed to say.

"Yes. You realize that probably a lot of people do, right?"

The blonde wanted to smack himself. Of course a lot of people knew his parents'. They owned a huge company. Shisus! He must have hit his head pretty hard.

"But I don't know yours." added Minhyun.

"R-Ren." the boy stuttered and blushed, still embarrassed. The brown-haired teen smiled kindly and said:

"I should probably go now, I have to go to home. Goodbye, Mr. and Mrs. Choi! See you, Ren!

And with that he exited the room before the blond could say a thing. Ren's parents went to the hospital bed he was lying on and his mother immediately started fussing over him.

"Are you in pain? Do you need anything? Are you hungry? Are you feeling dizzy? Are you tired? Do you-"

"Calm down, umma. I'm fine." Ren said with a hoarse voice.

"What happened, son?" his appa asked, the worry written all over his face.

"Nothing worth mentioning." the blonde shrugged his shoulders, groaning from the pain, the action had caused him.

"Not worth mentioning?! Ren, the doctors said you've broken your nose and leg!" his mother's voice was so shrill that it made him cringe.

"I just slipped on the floor and fell." he didn't want to lie to his parents but he didn't want to worry them either. He didn't want to tell them that everybody hated him.

"Then what about your eyes and mouth?"

"What about them?" frowned the blonde.

"Ren, they look like you've been hit. On purpose!"

"I..." Ren frowned, struggling to come up with a good excuse. "That's because I fell in a weird way."

His parents didn't look convinced but they pursed their lips and decided not to pester him about it.

Suddenly, there was a knock and then a nurse came in.

"I'm very sorry but it's time for him to take his medicine."

"Oh, okay. Call us if you need anything, honey." Mrs. Choi said, while patting his head.

"Get well soon, son!"

And with that, they left the room.

'Your parents were really worried about you. They must love you a lot." said the nurse, after he had taken the medicine.

"Yes, they do." mumbled the boy, before falling asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: WOW! That was long. Well I guess that's what happens when you're bored to death in class.