Why Can't I Stop Thinking About Him?

Sometimes, Even A Single Person Is Enough

Minhyun closed the door of his locker and leaned his head against it, sighing in frustration.

"Yah! What's up? That's the fifth time you sigh today. It's getting really annoying." shouted Baekho in his ear, while punching his arm. Minhyun didn't answer him and settled for a glare instead. He hurried to go to the bathroom and left his friend to stay in the hallway dumbstruck and with a quickly-forming frown on his face. The brown-haired one had never been aggressive nor rude. Apparently right now he had a lot on his mind. It had been like that since yesterday when the younger had called off their sleep-over at the last minute sounding on the verge of hysteria. But Baekho didn't want to add to the younger teen's trouble so he didn't pester him about it. However, if Minhyun to act like that he would need to say something. Right now, he decided to let him be.

Once the brown-haired boy went inside, he slammed the door shut and let his body slide down, until he was sitting on the floor. He sighed yet again and pinched the bridge of his nose, his thought wandering towards yesterday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Classes have finished for today and everybody was preparing to go home.

Minhyun had agreed earlier to go to Baekho's house because his brother JongHyun, who insisted to be called JR for whatever reason, was having his boyfriend - Aaron over, and Minhyun didn't want to hear his hyung's screetching of "Oh, God, AARON!" and "F-Ha-Fuch, harde-AH!" and later the particularly loud "Haa-AARON!". That one time, when he had walked in on them lying on the bed with Aaron between screetching JR's widespread legs, had been more than enough to scar him forever.

While he was thinking, his gaze fell on a small sheet of paper. He picked it up and read:

I'll wait for you at home, OK? Umma, wanted me to come back early to help her with something.

- Baekho

Great, now he had to walk alone to his friend's house. Well, at least he had enough time to search for his phone, without Baekho's constant whining and pestering. He made his way to the bathroom, praying that the people who had classes in the morning didn't destroy it. He knew first hand what they were capable of. Minhyun shook his head, trying to chase the thoughts away and focused instead on how exactly he was going to beat Baekho in that video game, they have been playing for over two months.

When the brown-haired teen ran towards the bathroom and opened the door sharply with the intention to pick his phone and get out of there, what he saw there made his blood run cold. There, on the bathroom's floor laid a beautiful girl who was injured beyond belief. Her platinum blonde hair was mingled with dried blood so much that it stuck to her pretty face. The girl's eyes were bruised, her nose was broken and there was a nasty cut right next to her lips. Her legs were slightly spread in a way that would have made Minhyun freak out if it wasn't for the fact that she had all of her clothes and they seemed to be intact. Her left leg, however, was twisted in a weird way so the boy supposed it had been broken. Her backpack was opened and all of her books were spilled across the floor, the covers of some, stained with her blood. What scared him the most about her was the fact that she was deathly pale and her lips seemed blood, nor did she look like she was breathing. The brown-haired boy was panicking, his thought went everywhere and he couldn't react until he saw his phone. When he spotted him, he immediately ran toward it (almost slipping on the girl's blood in the process) and called the hospital.

The ambulance arrived shortly after and they took the girl to the nearest hospital. Minhyun was not allowed to go with her because he was not related to her so he was forced to call himself a taxi. While traveling toward the hospital where the girl was, the brown-haired teen decided to call Baekho.

"Annyeong! Baekho speaking."

"Baekho, listen I won't be going to your house today!" shot out the younger.

"What!? Why?"

"I'll explain later, just tell your mother not to worry!" replied Minhyun as fast as before and hung up.

When the taxi reached the hospital, the boy quickly gave the driver the money and started running toward the entrance. When he went in there he could have smacked himself. He didn't know what floor she was on. He then remembered, that he packed all of her stuff and put them in her backpack while waiting for the ambulance to arrive. He searched for the girl's phone and stopped when he found "Appa" in her contact list.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Choi Hyunjae speaking." (A/N: Completely made up name) Minhyun swallowed the lump in his throat. He knew that the schoold was for rich people but damn he didn't even imagine that Choi Hyunjae's kid went there.

"Mister Choi, good afternoon, I wanted to tell you that your daughter was found injured and now she in a hospital."

"What? Who is calling? Who is this? I don't know who you are or what you want but stay away from my family!"

"But, sir, your daughter- "

"I don't have a daughter! Now, go away!"

"What do you mean you don't have a daughter? You were written as Appa in her phone."

"Then maybe she's some crazy fan-girl that's stalking my son." Son? What son? Wait, could it be that...?

"Mr. Choi wait please. Does your son have blonde hair and a face that looks like a girl's? If that helps, the cell phone I'm holding is black covered with stickers of pink skulls and there are white curves drawn with nail polish that form some sort of vine whose ends are the skulls themselves?" after Minhyun said all that he could practically hear how the man paled.

"Wh-Where are you?" Mr.Choi's voice was frantic and the teen could hear the panic in his voice. He gave him the address and hang up the phone.

Only fifteen minutes later, he saw Mr. and Mrs. Choi walking quickly toward the reception. Minhyun followed them and handed them their dau- son's backpack.

"These are your d-son's things. I picked them up." After he said that, Mrs.Choi took them and hugged Minhyun tightly. She quickly released him and went with her husband to her son's room. The brown-haired teen didn't ask for permission to go with them but the boy's parents didn't tell him to get lost so he took that as a sign for permission and kept quiet about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End of Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The teen looked up from where he was sitting and his eyes traveled around the room. He couldn't get the image of Ren's injured body out of his mind. Later, when he saw them after the doctors had bandaged him, he couldn't believe his eyes. Ren was really pretty even for a girl. His pale skin and platinum blonde hair along with his warm chocolate eyes made him look like an angel. Even the boy's bruised face couldn't ruin the image. There was one thing however that made Minhyun want to know more about the boy. Despite being injured the blonde acted as if it was something normal and the brown-haired teen couldn't help but admire him for keeping such a flawless façade in front of his parents. And damn that flush. The barely-noticeable redness that covered his pale skin made him look more real and Minhyun would be lying if he said that he hadn't felt a slight stirring in his stomach. 

The brown-haired boy stood up and dusted himself off. He punched the mirror, making it shatter, and left the room while wondering to himself 'Why can't I stop thinking about him?'