You Only Love Once

I've always loved you... ;)

Author's Note:

hello ^__^ this is Samirah's chapter. its kinda rushed and not edited that well >< this story is moving so fast!! D: comment below on your thoughts on this chapter: what you liked, didnt like, or maybe some improvements we would make? ^^ all your comments mean so much to us X) and if you didnt understand anything, just tell us ;) we dont bite.. much :P

THIS IS STILL NOT THE END OF THE FANFIC YET! :D a few more chapters left to go...

------------------------------------------------------------

 “NOT MY LUHAN”, Luhan’s dad screamed through telephone.

“MY SON WOULD NEVER DO THAT”

“HE WOULD NEVER LEAVE ME”

“I am sorry to inform you of this unfortunate event but your son has performed suicide. His body will be sent to China tomorrow morning.”

“BUT WHY LUHAN”

Luhan’s father couldn’t control himself. His heart pained with ache and tears swelled up in his eye that wouldn’t escape.

He clenched his fist tightly, digging his nails into the palms of the hand, leaving vivid marks.

“Sir, you are mistaken. It is not your son Luhan that has committed suicide. It was Rae, your other son.”

(RIP RAE.)

-------------------------------------------------

~ A few months later. Dara and Luhan have been a couple for a long time now ~

Sehun, Lay, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kai huddled in a corner of Luhan’s lounge.

A voice boomed from every twist and turn of the room.

Dara’s ranting intensified with every word she said, scaring the boys even further than they already were.

“Noona, if you just….”, Kai pleaded with Dara but he was interrupted abruptly by her.

“WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS IGNORING ME LIKE THAT, LET HIM JUST WATCH, I’M GONNA DISS HIM LIKE HE NEVER EXISTED”, Dara yelled, storming out the room with the door banging behind her.

The whole room trembled from the force of the door closing.

The boys stared at each other in disbelief and worry.

“Luhan hyung is gonna get it big…Dara’s gonna kill him”, Sehun said out loud making the boys burst into laughter.

Dara and Luhan had been dating for a few months now and their relationship was just like a fairytale. That was until Luhan suddenly started ignoring Dara for no obvious reasons. Dara was going crazy with frustration. She didn’t know what she did wrong. She really loved being with Luhan and she had though that he felt the same way twards her.. obviously not if he’s ignoring her.

Maybe he doesn’t want me anymore? Maybe he’s had enough and doesn’t love me anymore? Dara trembled at her negative thoughts. She didn’t know what she would do with herself if Luhan rejected her. She needs Luhan.

---------------------------------------------------

~~The number you have called is currently unavailable. Please leave a message after the beep~~

~~The phone you are trying to reach is currently turned off~~

Dara gave out a big sigh.

These two phrases were pestering her all the way up to Luhan’s company.

She didn’t even know what she had done wrong.

Well, yet again she was never the one who started the problems. Was she?

“Dara darling, what are yooooooouuuuuuuuuuuu doing here?” Chen remarked, out stretching his arms to get a hug from Dara.

Dara quickly ducked him and turned around hesitantly not knowing where to go.

“Erm….where is Luhan?”

“Don’t you know”, Chen gasped. Dara looked at Chen curiously. “Know what?” she asked.

“He went back to China.”

“Ch..ch..china” Dara stuttered in shock. She couldn’t believe it. Luhan would have told her. He wouldn’t have gone without telling her.

“For how long?”

A silent paused stood in between.

“Forever” Chen replied apprehensively.

Dara stood frozen on the spot trying to recollect her thoughts and put them together.

The word “Forever” repeating in her head.

Luhan left her? After finally conveying his love for her, he just got up and left?

All of a sudden, Dara could hear her name being called from a distance but approaching her rapidly.

“I…I…..I….I…..found…….you…i…was…………looking………everywhere” the sweating boy blurted out breathing deeply from exertion.

“Here”, he said holding out an envelope for Dara.

Dara took the envelope with shaking hands and opened it cautiously.

Her eyes were glued to the letter as she read through it, tears forming at the brink of her eyes.

Dear To Dara,

When you finally read this I know you will hate my guts but I didn’t know what else to do. The moment I met you I knew I had fallen into a deep sleep and was dreaming. You were all I wanted and more. Through all that we’ve been through it was like fate never actually wanted us together. I don’t want you to have to go through anymore pain. I love you Dara but I just think this is going to work anymore. I’m sorry. I want to say goodbye properly. If you’re willing to, I booked you a plane ticket for you to come to China 4:30 today. I hope you come.

Luhan.

“Dara”, Chen said shaking Dara back into reality.

A small crowd had formed around Dara, she didn’t know how long she was standing like that, frozen on the spot.

Her head pained and her breathing started become irregular.

“What’s the time?” she whispered.

No one replied.

“I SAID WHAT’S THE TIME?”, this time Dara’s voice boomed through the whole reception startling everyone.

“4:1…..”, the delivery boy replied timidly making sure he wasn’t in Dara’s way what so ever.

Dara ran out of the company before the delivery boy could finish his sentence.

“Aish, that girl is weird and troublesome. What does Boss Luhan see in her?”, the delivery boy beckoned out loud leading him to be shoot with dirts from every corner.

Dara didn’t give a second glance at the people she pushed and shoved by as she ran all the way to Incheon airport. Her feet ached with pain and she stumbled over several times. Blood trickled from her scraped knee but Dara still carried on. She was going to face Luhan no matter what.

-------------------------------------------------

Dara got onto the plane without a minute to spare, finally having a chance to catch her breath.

She inhaled and exhaled deeply trying to let her body finally catch up with her.

Everyone on the plane looked furtively at Dara. Whispers could be heard from every corner of the plane.

Her converses had holes in them, sweat was dripping down her face and her jeans were torn.

Dara didn’t give a damn about what everyone was saying, she just wanted to get China.

---------------------------------------------------

THE PLANE HAS LANDED IN BEIJING, CHINA. WOULD ALL PASSENGERS PLEASER REMAIN SEATED…..

Dara got out of the plane before another word could be spoken by the air hostess.

The sky fell dark with the coming on winter and light drops of snow fell from the sky.

Dara shivered in the bitter cold and shoved hands her hands into her pockets.

Now that she was here, she didn’t know what to do anymore. Her head hurt and she was starving. But most of all, her heart was ripping up into pieces again. Just when she thought that her and Luhan would finally be able to be happy together, everything falls apart.

“Dara you have to do this”, Dara mentally reminded herself.

It was one way or no way.

-------------------------------------------------

Dara arrived at Luhan’s house only to be greeted by a locked up door and a note.

Meet me at the Park :)

Dara stared at the note blankly.

That stupid @$$! What’s with this stupid smiley face? I’ll show you a smiley face!!  Just wait till i get my hands on you. Do you think you can reject me and get away with it this easily? Hell no biotch.

Dara gave out a long frustrated sigh before she started her small journey to the park.

You’re not a wimp Dara.

You can do it.

You don’t need Luhan in your life to be happy…but…i…do.

Thoughts like this escalated through Dara’s mind continuously.

She needed Luhan, every last bit of him and she just didn’t know what to do.

Before Dara could think straight again she started hearing things.

Dara you’re delusional, just give up already.

Snow started falling heavily blanketing the floor and everything in its way.

If you keep carrying on like this your gonna end up a lonely old woman with 50 cats and 3 turtles.

Soft musical notes could be heard through the air

What’s going on?

Fairy lights hung from branches illuminating the scene.

Seriously where am I?

As Dara walked on her heart started beating faster and butterflies started forming in her stomach.

Otokke?

Slowly out of the corner of her eyes Dara could make out a gazebo, in the middle of the park. As it came in to full view, Dara became awe struck. 

The gazebo stood there, out of place and looking as it had dropped down from heaven. It shone in the moonlight and snow was caked all around the edges.

She walked timidly towards the gazebo, making every step of hers’ count.

Her whole body started shaking as she stepped into it.

It’s beautiful.

Music flowed from any angle. The tunes from the orchestra made Dara want to spin and turn with the melody.

Frozen petals flew with the wind entrancing Dara with their fragrance.

It was like she was in heaven.

On the middle of the gazebo was an envelope, obviously there for Dara to open.

She opened it with trembling hands, this time out of excitement rather than worry.

Dara read it out;

 

It took me awhile

But I finally asked you on a date.

The years have passed by,

And we have grown together.

I feel in my heart

That we are forever.

Each night that we are apart,

My heart is pierced with a burning dart.

Please tell me

That wonderful things last forever

I know this may sound cheesy

And I know it does

But if you take a huge step and turn around

I know you won’t regret it.

Life is short, so let’s make the most of it

As we all know, You Only Love Once.

YOLO FOR ETERNITY.

x

 

Dara blinked away the tears forming around her eyes before reading the letter again.

Why is he doing this? Why can’t he let me hate him since he’s breaking up with me?

Dara turned around slowly, as instructed in the letter and almost died on the pot from shock.

There standing behind her was Luhan bent down on one knee in the snow, holding a ring out in front of her. Behind him, carved in the snow were the most magical words Dara knew:

 “Will you marry me?”