A Lost Phone and A Sneaky Entrance

Forever Your Baby

 

“So then you’re sure you’ve lost it.” Lacey’s tone was chiding. “Your cell phone. Honestly Jenna, what am I gonna do with you?”

                I nudged my best friend in the side. “I’m sure it turned up somewhere- it just can’t be that far away from SATA,” I said.

                “I hope not, I really hope not.” She stood suddenly, with more energy than I thought possible, and put her fist in the air triumphantly. “So here’s what we do- we both have tonight off, right?”

                “Right,” I confirmed with a nod.

                “And you want to find your phone, right?”

                “Right.”

                “We take a late night trip to SATA and discover the school’s dirty secrets!” she announced with an evil grin on her face.

                I shook my head quickly. “No, Lacey. Bad idea, Lacey.” But it was too late- her shoes were already on and she was bouncing impatiently by the door. I sighed and stood, following her down the darker streets of Seoul to SATA. It was eerily quiet, too- my nerves were causing me to shake and I was so close to Lacey that I nearly tripped her more than once. I could only breathe again once we were safe in SATA’s main lobby.

                “Alright, it’s nine ‘o clock- that means that a secretary might still be here,” Lacey said. “So we’ll go to the nearest office and talk to one about a lost and found.” I had to give her credit- her plan did sound good, and she was on a roll. We went to the nearest office and the doors were locked. Deciding on trying the next office we went up the flight of stairs. It was locked as well. The third and final floor we got to the office and the lights were on. I peeked in through the large windows and saw a nice lady sitting at the desk. Lacey pushed the door open and I followed.

                “Yes, may I help you?” she asked, then grinned. “Oh, you’re the stylists here for the night shoot- glad you finally showed up!”

                “We’re not-“ I’d started when she stood and practically pushed us into the next room.               

                “And you’re both so fashionable- I suppose I really shouldn’t be surprised.” She did a little fangirl sigh. “I’m so jealous. BAP only comes here once in a great while, because we’re so close to TS Entertainment’s headquarters. But I can’t personally go in, so please, go right ahead.”

                I opened my mouth to stop her when suddenly Lacey nudged me in the side. “Thank you,” she said to the receptionist, who bowed politely before stepping out. We walked in through the doorway to find a staircase going upwards, probably towards the roof, and headed up the steps.

                “I can’t believe this- we’re going to go along with this?” I said, waving my hands about. “You’re crazy! Neither of us know the first THING about fashion!”

                “You heard the lady- we’re dressed fashionably. Obviously we know something,” she added with a wink. Once we were at the top I felt shocked to see a bunch of cameras and men around, but very, very few women at all.

                A large man stepped up to us with a large grin on his face. “Ah, the stylists~,” he said happily. “Please join us! The boys all need a little touchup, especially Zelo- that pink hair was quite a choice you made!”

                “Of course,” I replied seriously, trying to go along with it. “This is a huge deal for TS Entertainment, and we wanted the impact to be quite significant for all the Babies.”

                “And an impact it shall have- come, the boys are waiting!” We followed the director over to where BAP was standing. Shock raced through my body; this was the second time today I got to see them all in person.

                Yongguk was the first to raise his very y eyebrow at us. “Aren’t you both a little young?” he asked.

                “Excuse me, would you like to be styled or not?” Lacey asked him. “Because if you would not, please continue. You can manage your own purple hair by yourself.”

                “Whoa….” Himchan sounded surprised, and I tried my best not to flush. Yongguk narrowed his eyes at her. I looked over to Lacey and was surprised to see her grinning with amusement.

“Alright then, let’s get to work,” she said. She sat both Jongup and Daehyun down on the chairs, who immediately went silent under her hands. I always knew Lacey was good with hair and stuff, but I didn’t know she was this confident in her abilities until I saw a straightener in her hands and a focused determination.

“And us?” I looked over to see Himchan, Youngjae, Yongguk, and Zelo all staring at me in anticipation. My face burned brightly with a blush. I walked over to an empty chair and motioned for one of them to sit.

“Whoever would like to go first, please sit,” I said quietly. Surprisingly they nearly all ran over, even Yongguk, but Zelo won easily. His eyes looked up into mine with shining anticipation. “Alright then. The rest can go over to Lacey. She’s nearly finished, and I’ll take longer, I’m sure.” They nodded and I warmed up a straightener, examining his pink hair closely.

Zelo cleared his throat, startling me. “You look familiar,” he said. “Have I seen you before?”

“Huh?” My voice shook a bit. “No, no- I’m new to this.”

“New enough that I should be worried about my hair?” he laughed. I shook my head and began to run my fingers through his hair. If only he knew how much I was fangirling right no-“Excuse me, Noona, is there something wrong with my hair?”

                My hand dropped immediately and I knew I was completely red now. “No. I’m just…examining the work that has been done.”

                “I like it a lot,” he grinned. “It’s a cool statement.”

                “I like it too,” I admitted, grabbing the straightener and making sure each piece laid flat. My eyes wandered over to the camera crew, who were setting up a cool background. Even the bunny guy was wandering around, carrying the large head in his hands. I bit my lip to keep from squealing in excitement. “Do you like your new album?”

                He nodded his head, and I had to move the straightener with it otherwise I probably would have burned him. “Of course. The hyungs like it a lot, too.” I found myself staring with him at Lacey, who was laughing as she did Himchan’s hair. I felt so jealous; why couldn’t I make Zelo smile like that? “If I ask you something, will you be honest with me?”

                “Yes.”

                “You’re not really a stylist, are you?” My eyes widened and I nearly dropped the hot iron on his head. Gulping loudly I watched as he stood up, surprised he was taller than I was. “Oh, you really aren’t! You are the girl from today!”

                “What are you-“ I’d begun when he suddenly pulled my phone out of his pocket with a grin. Reluctantly I took it from him. “How did you get this?”

                He shrugged and grinned. “You bumped into Yongguk hyung earlier today. He picked up your phone and…well, he made us follow you for a while.”

                “Follow me?!”

                “To see if we could give you it back,” he explained quickly. “But you were too fast for us, so we gave up. But we all know your face. How did you get up here?”

                I sighed and leaned against the styling table. “We went to ask if the receptionist had my phone, but she was convinced we looked so fashionable that we were who you were all waiting for. So…Lacey wanted go along with it. I did not.”

                “Why not?” he asked, curiously. I blushed.

                “BecauseImAHugeFanAndThatWouldBeAwfulForYou.” The words all seemed to jumble together in one gigantic mess, and I closed my eyes in embarrassment. To my surprise he laughed, the sound an unforgettable happiness.

                “Were you speaking English? Or did you make up that language all on your own? Because I didn’t get any of that.” He put a hand behind his head and bit his lip. “Does it translate to you’re a fan?”

                I nodded. “I’m a really, really big fan.”

                “Who is your favorite?”

                “I-“ I thanked everything in me as Lacey walked up with the rest of the guys. She was a light red, and I knew we’d been caught.

                “Seems we have some intruders on the set,” Yongguk said darkly. I raised my eyebrows at him. “You’re not here to ask for our autographs and attack us?”

                For some reason this upset me. I was not just one of their silly lovestruck fans, and I would prove it. I went right up in his face and pointed a finger right at him. “Listen here, Yongguk,” I told him. “I am not here to be your crazy fangirl-stalker. I came to get my phone. I got my phone. And we’re going to leave, and you’re going to pretend we were never here and you didn’t see us. Is this clear?”

                “Don’t tell me what to-“ he’d begun when Daehyun clamped a hand over his mouth.

                “He understands,” Daehyun answered for him. “Go ahead.” I nodded and grabbed Lacey’s hand, headed towards the door. Just before I left I turned to see Zelo giving me a small, almost private smile. Blushing, I nodded my head and dragged her out of the makeshift set.

 

                Lacey was ranting up a storm the next day as we prepared for class. “-And you drag us out of there before I could ask Jongup how to dance to Warrior!” she yelled. “He probably would have, too!”

                I sighed and slung my bag over my shoulder as we headed out the door again. “I’m sure he would have, but you heard Youngguk- we were intruders to them.”

                “Tell that to Zelo,” she laughed. “He seemed pretty alright with the fact that you’d come in unannounced.” I blushed as we finally made it to SATA. My phone buzzed with life in my pocket and I pulled it out.

                One New Text from: ZELO

                So, I have your number just so you’re aware~^^ are you at SATA today? We’re going to be guest speakers in a class! Tell me it’s yours! None of us can stop talking about you both~! –Zelo

                My face froze as the device shook in my hand. “What is it?” Lacey asked curiously, peering over my shoulder. “Oh- oh WOW. Tell him we’re in K-0330 next!” I could barely move my fingers fast enough to keep up with her demands. “Ask him if Jongup is there too!”

                “Lacey, come on. Before we’re late,” I said, and we made it up the stairs and took a seat near the back of an almost full classroom. In fact, it was strangely full compared to yesterday’s near emptiness. And why were there so many girls here? I glanced around with a frown and pulled out my notebook.

                The professor walked in and everyone’s attention was immediately to the front of the room. He cleared his throat and loosened his tie a bit. “As you all are aware we do have a special guest today from TS-“ he’d began when suddenly the girls all burst out in squeals. “Please, settle down! Give them you upmost attention- Best Absolute Perfect, welcome.”

                The class stood and applauded as the boys all came in. They were dressed casually, but still looked tough at the same time. I loved that image. I watched as Zelo’s eyes scanned the entire classroom. Suddenly our eyes met and he grinned widely, giving me a small wave. My face hadn’t even turned redder than it had now. Even Yongguk nodded in my direction.

                Once we’d all sat down the Professor began questioning them. They were informative, too; about how the label ran, why they’d changed their image, how they felt about it, but nothing came as close to funny as when he opened questioning to the whole class. The first was a very thin, dark haired girl in a skimpy skirt and a huge smile.

                “Zelo, my friends and I would like to know-“ She giggled a bit before continuing “-if you are single.”

                “This question doesn’t pertain-“ the Professor began when Zelo raised a hand to stop him. He shook his head and nearly laughed.

                “I am single,” he said to their amusement. “But I am interested in someone right now.”

                The girl’s jaw nearly fell off. “So, who is it?” she asked quickly.

                “It’s no one famous.” Our eyes met and he smiled, just a little. “But I’m sure she will be.” Their eyes all raced up to me and I looked down at my notebook, suddenly distracted by the doodling I’d done.

                Another girl’s hand shot up. “Are you free after class?” she asked, to the laughter of many around us. I rolled my eyes and doodled again in my notebook. I had to tune out the rest of the stupid questions. There was no way I could deal with another hour of-

                “-Miss Keating.” I looked up to see the Professor above me. The whole class was snickering, and I realized what I’d done again. “Care to tell the class what you’ve been doodling this time?”

                I shook my head, clearly embarrassed. “No sir.”

                “Then I shall for you,” he said, grabbing my book before I could make a move for it. “A few people…let’s see here.” He flipped through it, and shock coursed through my body. Was he allowed to do this? “Oh look, a story. Shall we give it a read?”

                “No sir, please, don’t-“ I’d began when he shot me a dark, evil look.

                “Miss Keating, if you’d sit down, please.” I did as he asked when suddenly he began to read anyways. “’His cool, dark e yes looked into mine and promised something different this time. Maybe a kiss. I couldn’t tell by the way he was biting his lip.’”

                Lacey stood and slammed her hands on the table. “Stop it, NOW!” The whole class’s eyes went up to her and I burned a bright red, hanging my head in shame. “You can’t do this to her! She was taking notes, too!”

                “I simply cannot go without teaching her a lesson. This is a very auspicious academy to get into, Miss Keating, and I suggest you learn your lesson right here and now without Miss Chaney’s help.” He continued on, and just before he revealed the name I stood and fled the room, pushing right past the members of BAP (who’d frozen in shock as the teacher read) and went to the nearest bathroom, locking myself in the stall. Tears flooded down my cheeks and I sat on the floor, wrapping my arms around my knees.

                A few soft knocks sounded at the door. “Jenna?”

                “Go back to class, Lacey; you’ll get in trouble,” I said.

                “Not without you.” I could see feet underneath the door, tapping impatiently. “Don’t even try to tell me to go away again- you know I’ll stay here all night.”

                I sniffed and grabbed a tissue. “I know, I know- but Lacey, now Zelo knows I’m in love with him,” I said angrily. “We just met. He probably thinks I’m some kind of crazy stalker who follows his every move! Who writes creepy fanfiction about finding a way to get to him!”

                “That last part might be a little true,” she laughed. “But come on Jenna. If Zelo’s a good guy he’ll just ignore it and act normal. Have a little faith in your bias, would ya?” Sighing, I stood and opened the door to see her arms open. “Come on. Give Lacey a hug.”

                “Lacey, I don’t need-“ I’d began when she pulled me in anyways.

                “Let’s go home, okay? Have some Ramen and watch some television in our pajamas.” I nodded and she finally released me. We headed out of the bathroom and I felt shock race through me as the members of B.A.P. were standing at the doorway. Suddenly they all turned away, trying to look innocent. Himchan was even whistling.

                “Guys, it’s probably not the best time,” Lacey chided them. “We have to go home.”

                Zelo suddenly walked in front of us, along with Yongguk. “We’re going with,” they said in a firm tone. Youngjae, Himchan, Jongup, and Daehyun were quick to follow with determined looks.  My eyes met Zelo’s and he shook his head. Blushing, I avoided looking at him as they followed us home.

                “That professor wasn’t kind,” Zelo said as we got to our doorway. “Reading your stuff like that.”

                I sighed and pushed the door open. “I deserved it; I don’t pay enough attention in class.”

                “But it was good,” Jongup said. “What you wrote was good.”

                “I liked it,” Himchan agreed with a smile as he sat down on our couch. “Who was it about? He never said a name.”

                My eyes met Lacey’s and we were both surprised. “He didn’t say?”

                “No- was he supposed to?” Yongguk asked curiously. Throwing my hands in the air I did a ridiculous happy dance. I forgot that BAP was there at all, and even Lacey joined me. Naturally the dancing meant singing, so we started to sing Warrior. Badly. Eventually I felt a tap at my shoulder and turned just as I was about to launch into Zelo’s extremely fast rap. I met his eyes and made a horrified facial expression.

                “I….I’m so sorry!” I bowed at the waist and closed my eyes in embarrassment. “I would never ruin your part, promise!”

                Youngjae laughed. “But you ruined mine!” Himchan reached over the hit the back of his head. “What?”

                “I thought it sounded good, actually. Don’t listen to him!” Himchan said with a grin.

                “Can you rap?” Zelo asked.

                “CAN SHE RAP?!” Lacey had this really, really wide smile on her face with huge eyes. My stomach dropped as I realized she was going to out me. “She can rap AWESOME! But…uh, only in English. Don’t ask her to try it in Korean.”

                Zelo’s eyes met mine quickly and he nearly bounced up and down. “Do it, do it!”

                “…you’re sure you want to hear me?”

                “PLEEAASSSEEE~” now all the boys were begging, except Yongguk. I didn’t think he liked me very much. I nodded and launched into an Eminem song that Lacey and I used to sing in high school, “The Real Slim Shady.” About half way through I stopped and was rewarded with a round of applause.

                “That was great,” Daehyun said.

                “Actually, I’m impressed- I thought you were joking,” Yongguk added. I raised an eyebrow at him and shook my head.

                “Don’t be impressed. It’s something I do when I’m bored.” I shrugged and went into the kitchen. “Is anyone hungry? Should I make dinner?”

                “Yes, please~” The members of BAP all consented, so I decided on some simple Ramen. Blushing, I realized I had cherry tomatoes in the fridge and pulled them out, popping on into my mouth while starting dinner. I could hear the boys talking to Lacey (especially Jongup, who was always just a little closer to her) and smiled in satisfaction; I would have never thought my favorite band would be in my living room and I would be cooking for them. Eating another tomato I stirred the noodles again and again.

                Suddenly a hand went over mine and stirred with me. I turned to see Zelo’s smiling face inches from mine. “You didn’t tell me you liked tomatoes.”

                “Uhm…you never asked,” I stammered. He had one in his hand and held it out just before my mouth. I opened my lips slowly, thinking he was going to feed it to me, when suddenly he reached back and put it on his own. I gave him a pouting look and turned back to the food. “That was rude.”

                “Well then, hold on a moment.” He left and returned with one in his mouth, between his teeth. Shock raced through me as he leaned in. Was he seriously going to feed it to me? My cheeks matched the tomato and his lips were inches from mine-

                “-HEY JENNA, ZELO!” Yongguk called loudly. “Where’s the food? I’m starving!”

                I heard Youngjae laugh. “Leave them alone, fearless leader; they can make food fine.”

                “Uhm, Zelo? Make food? That’s a bad idea,” Daehyun said. I watched as Zelo pulled away and I looked down in embarrassment. Returning to my cooking I decided to leave him alone for the rest of the night, otherwise I’d be chaining him to the walls or something equally awful.