Accidentally Ran Into You

Forever Your Baby

 

My first thought as soon as the alarm clock went off was definitely centered around the fact that I needed a lot more sleep. I woke up, barely bothering to look in the mirror after I’d changed into my uniform. As soon as I got into the kitchen I was greeted by a bowl of rice.

                “Morning, sleeping beauty.” Lacey’s voice dripped with sarcasm, but I was sure she meant it in some sort of a nice way. I nodded and started to eat slowly. “Hey, you better speed it up- I’m not going to be late on our first day of college.”

                I sighed and gave her a look. “I stayed up too late last night looking at pictures of B.A.P.- again. So I feel out of it.”

                “That’s your fault!” She pointed a wooden spoon at me, but then smiled a bit. “But I guess I can’t blame you, can I? You’re a Baby.”

                “Of course I am,” I replied with a small grin.

                “Oh Jenna.” She laughed and we ate breakfast happily, waking me up a lot more than the alarm clock had. As soon as we’d finished I slung my bag over my shoulder and she followed me out to the stairs, beginning our descent to our first day of classes. We’d just moved to Korea last month to get used to all of it, so getting a head start was still a good idea. Lacey and I both had exclusive scholarships to the Seoul Academy of Theater and Arts (SATA for short), and coming from America was a big deal for our families. We both wanted to go, though, seeing as how it would be a huge journey. Lacey was going into their Dance program, and I was going into music management; I had to thank my love of music over and over again to even be considered to come here. It wasn’t a question once we got the acceptance letters to move to Korea. However, we both had to had part-time jobs to afford food and rent; and between those and schoolwork we hadn’t seen any of Korea. So going to school and looking at all the buildings was the most fun we’d had in a while.

                “Jenna, look!” Lacey pointed up at the large building we’d come to. It was SATA in all its glory. Many students were entering the building, looking at schedules and typing quickly into cell phones. None of them were American. I should have figured. We walked up the stone steps and entered the busy building.

                “So what room is our first class in?” I asked Lacey. She pulled out a white sheet of paper and we went over it.

                “Looks like room K-0330.” I looked up at the balcony and she sighed. “We have some walking to do. I don’t want to.”

                I grinned. “Come on. We’ll be late.” Once we’d made it into the classroom and taken a seat near the back I pulled out my notebook and began to write down some of the notes in front of the class. The teacher came in and began a serious lesson, but I ended up tuning out and began to doodle onto the paper. Three little hearts and the one name I’d dare to put with my own; Zelo.

                I was completely and thoroughly obsessed with Best Absolute Perfect, or B.A.P. They’d debuted pretty recently under TS Entertainment, so not only was I curious about how the company would handle their image I was curious about them. Especially Zelo, the maknae. He had curly blonde hair and one of the most adorable smiles I’d ever seen (of course, I knew this because I watched their show and all the fancams I could find). I hadn’t even told Lacey part of the reason I wanted to come to Korea was to potentially work for TS so I could meet him. It sounded too creepy and fangirl-like.

                A gentle poke at my side brought me back to the class. “Your name?” the professor asked, a clipboard in his hand. Lacey was giving me a “you need to pay more attention” look. My eyes fell to the floor.

                “Jenna Keating,” I replied. He was looking over my shoulder now, at the doodling.

                “Well Miss Keating, I hope Zelo knows just how infatuated you are with him,” the Professor said with a smirk. The whole class began to chuckle as my face burned a bright red.

                “I’m sorry.” My voice was quiet now. He passed by me and I closed my notebook with a sigh. Looking at the clock I’d realized class was already done, thanks to my drawing, and stood with Lacey following close behind. The second we’d crossed the threshold over the door I punched the air ahead of me in frustration.

                “Stupid Zelo!” I cried.

                Lacey was laughing. “Don’t blame this all on Zelo. It’s kinda your fault for writing his name on your paper.”

                “If he wasn’t so darned cute this wouldn’t be a distraction,” I huffed, to her amusement. She grabbed her schedule again and groaned. “Gotta go, Lacey?”

                She nodded. “Yeah, I’ll meet up with you later. Have a good break.” She took off to what I’d guess would be the dance studio around this time. I went down to an unoccupied chair, near a window, and sat on the chair. Flipping open my laptop I quickly began to scan over any news that might have happened during class in the K-Pop industry. Looks like all was quiet for now, but I was almost anticipating something huge. There were so many comebacks lately that it was overwhelming. My eyes wandered to out the window and I felt shock race up and down my body.

                “What?” I asked aloud. Because a floor below me in the courtyard, taking pictures and signing posters, were the members of Best Absolute Perfect. My mouth fell open and I gathered up my things as fast as I could, racing down to maybe get a glimpse of the boy I’d just doodled. Once I’d finished nearly tripping down the stairs I could hear the unsatisfied groans of fangirls.

                “Please, the members just want to get in the building!” Their manager was yelling at the fans. “Go away, please! Give them some space!” The large throng of girls that had gathered began to push around me, to get out of BAP’s way. I nearly fell over with all the pushing. Once I’d righted myself I sighed and realized I couldn’t see anything. They’d gone. I walked out to the area they’d been and let the sun shine onto me, warming my body. Was this where Zelo had stood? How about Yongguk, did he look so tough in person? Was Himchan as great as he seemed? How about Daehyun, or Youngjae? Even Jongup?  My phone buzzed with life and I read Lacey’s name on the screen. My thumb pressed the “Accept Call” button and I put it up to my ear.

                “Done with your practice session?” I asked.

                “Yes, and I’m really super tired- meet me out front, okay?” She did sound winded, so I hung up fast and began to find my way to the front of the building. Not paying attention to anything in front of me, and busy trying to remember the way out, I ran right into the back of someone.

                “I’m so sorry,” I said, keeping my eyes to the floor and walking past them. If I didn’t hurry, I’d probably miss Lacey altogether. Out of embarrassment I didn’t bother to look back to see who they were and continued walking as fast as I could to meet up with her.