It Feels Like A Dream

Forever Your Baby

 

“LACEY CHANEY.” I stormed around my room, pacing back and forth angrily as she poured over her books the next evening. “How could you have done that to me?”

                She sighed and shut her book. “It slipped out, honest! I wanted to answer the question because I knew the answer.”

                “Oh Lace,” I said, flopping beside her on the couch. “Now he knows. Now he’s going to think I’m the world’s biggest creeper.”

                “Says who?” She raised an eyebrow. “I think he likes you too.”

                “Yeah yeah. But come on- I was worried that he didn’t text, and now he knows why- because I can’t stop thinking about him!” I replied quickly. “Because he’s my number one bias!”

                Lacey put a hand on my shoulder and smiled. “When Jongup and I were dancing together he told me how much Zelo talks about you. He says very nice things. Jenna, trust me on this- I don’t think you’ll regret my answering.” Rolling my eyes, I hit my best friend on the head with a pillow. “What?”

                “You’re such a cheeseball,” I grinned, “but you make me feel better everytime. Thanks Lace.”

                “Anytime.”

                “So, speaking of you and Jongup….”

                “THE CONVERSATION ENDS HERE!” she yelled.

                “The conversation does not!” I laughed. “Come on Lacey, tell me all the details.!”

                She concentrated on her books and avoided my eyes. “There’s nothing to tell you. He’s just nice, and he’s a good dance instructor.”

                “And…?”

                “And I asked him to tutor my dancing a little. Just to watch him.” Clamping a hand over , she blushed. “I mean, to watch him dance to show me how to….”

                I grinned and nudged her side. “Nice try Lace.” Glancing over to the dinner table, I saw my newly-filled resume and gulped. “I should take that in while I have time. I’ll get dressed.”

                “I’ll help!” she offered, running to her closet. It was going to be a long morning.

 

 

                Walking into the large building I took in a deep breath. It was busy, unusually so. Luckily I didn’t recognize anyone so I didn’t fangirl. I walked up to the large reception desk and did a short bow to the kind lady sitting behind it.

                “Hello,” I greeted her. “Can you tell me where Director Ahn’s office is?”

                The lady smiled and pointed to an elevator. “Floor five, room twenty-two. You can’t miss it.”

                “Thank you.” I bowed again and went over to the elevator, taking it all the way up to the fifth floor. She wasn’t kidding either- the entire floor was decorated with B.A.P.’s bunny symbol and large posters of each bow. I looked around at all the amazing full-shots of them and felt my jaw drop in shock. I had assume that, because my professor knew I liked Zelo, he’d set me up with the director for SECRET. Apparently not. I paused at the largest Zelo one and stared into his serious eyes.

                “What do I tell you?” I said to it.

                “Well, first you tell me why you’re here!” a voice behind me answered with a laugh. I whipped around to see a tall, well-dressed man grinning at me. “Ah, so you’re Jenna, the American transfer with promise!”

                I blushed, bowing. “Hello sir.”

                “Sir? And you’re going to bow?” he laughed again. “No need to be so formal! I’m honored to meet you. I’ve been told good things. So, you brought your resume?”

                “Yes.” Reaching in my bag I pulled out the folder with the papers. Handing it to him I bowed again. “I really hope you’ll consider me.”

                He shook his head. “No consideration needed- you’re in.”

                “That fast?” I said in shock.

                “That fast! Professor Ka showed me the excellent full-report you did on the popularity rise of B.A.P. and their debut. It was well done!” He led me into his office and patted my shoulder, motioning to a chair. I sat down. “Since you know so much about B.A.P. I though it’d be ridiculous to look elsewhere!”

                “I can’t thank you enough for even considering me,” I admitted.

                “Of course!” He handed me a sheet of paper that read a bunch of tour dates and concerts. “These are all the ones I need you to attend- make sure the boys’ look is alright, talk to all the people in charge of lighting and make-up. Of course, you’ll be studying under me so you will mainly be following me and listening to my instruction. I’ve already arranged with SATA for you to be excused from several classes, and even in emergencies to be excused to help me.”

                My jaw dropped as I studied the schedule. “There are so many.”

                “That’s right! We have to make them one of the biggest newly-debuted groups yet!” He pumped his fist in the air and grinned. “BAP fighting~!” Suddenly his phone rang and he quickly answered. “Hello! Oh, they are? Send them in, by all means!” As soon as he’d hung up he look at me with a wide grin. “Looks like you’ll be meeting B.A.P. right now!”

                I stood and watched as the boys filed in. My face was beet red, I was sure, but I kept my face down and my bangs covering my eyes. My heart was jumping.

                “Boys, meet my new assistant!” he said, and I looked through a slit in my hair to see them bow. I followed suit and turned to the director, my back to them.

                “I’m so sorry, but I must be on my way- an important finale project for Professor Ka- I’m so sorry Director.”

                “Ah, of course! Go study, go study! Goodbye!” he yelled after me as I ran out of the room, practically pushing Yongguk and Daehyun down. Once I’d left the room I ran right onto the elevator and sighed. Pushing the first floor button I watched as the doors closed when suddenly a hand stopped them, pushing it open.

                “Mind if I join?” I looked up to see Youngjae grinning as he stepped on. “Yeah, I thought that was you Jenna.”

                “Youngjae,” I sighed and wrapped my arms around him without hesitation. He returned the gesture immediately.

                “Why wouldn’t you show your face?” he asked. I pulled back and rubbed the back of my neck as the doors closed on us. As soon as I was sure there was no one else listening it all came out in a huge single word.

                “LACEYTOLDZELOHEWASMYNUMBERONEBIAS!” I said quickly.

                He paused and raised an eyebrow. “What language was that?”

                “I said, Lacey told Zelo he was my number one bias.”

                “Is that all, really?” he laughed. “Oh Jenna-“

                “-IS THAT ALL?!” I repeated with a shout. He covered his ears, making a face. “Sorry. That’s a huge deal for me. I’m in love with him, and now he knows!”

                “In love?”

                I bit my lip. “Yeah, love.” The doors opened and I looked to see Himchan and Jongup there with wide grins.

                “New director~!” They charged at me and hugged me, practically carrying me out of the elevator. “We didn’t know you were smart!”

                “Gee, thanks guys,” I laughed.

                “Congratulations!” Daehyun came up beside me and put an arm around my shoulder. “I knew that was you! Your hair gave it away!” He twisted a strand of it around his finger and grinned.

                I sighed. “Great.”

                “Now we have to see you more often, don’t we?” Himchan added.

                “Is that a good thing?” Yongguk asked, joining our group with a raised eyebrow. I smiled at him and, surprisingly, he returned the gesture.

                “Jenna.” A familiar voice sounded behind me and I turned to see Zelo standing there, with determination in his eyes. My heart skipped a beat as he walked towards me, grabbing my hand and taking me out of Daehyun’s arm. He led me back into a quiet hallway far away from the others and finally released me. His eyes were still locked on mine though. “I have to ask you something.”

                “Uhm…okay.”

                “What is a bias?” His face was completely serious. It stayed silent for a few moments before I couldn’t help it anymore- I started to laugh, really hard. “JENNA~”

                I stopped and wiped a tear from my eyes. “Oh Zelo!” I reached forward and hugged him. “You’re the best!”

                “But what’s a bias?” He whined. “Jongguppie told me to ask you! And why is Taemin one?”

                I bit my lip and pulled back. “If I tell you this, you have to keep being my friend and let me be your Director no matter what. Promise?”

                “Promise” he agreed.

                “Alright. A bias is-“ I paused, my cheeks red “-a favored person above all in the K-pop bands. A person’s number one bias is basically the…”

                “Yeah?” His face was closed to mine now. He was grinning. HE UNDERSTOOD. “Keep going, noona~”

                “-the person you’ve fallen in love with,” I said in defeat, looking down. I couldn’t lie to him, even if everything in me told me to tell him something else.

                “So…me as your number one bias means you love me?”

                “Uhm….” I rubbed the back of my neck and frowned. “I….” Suddenly his face was inches from mine. I backed up until I was against the wall, but he followed my movements. Closing my eyes, I turned my head to the side in embarrassment.  His hand reached up and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

                “Jenna,” he whispered. “Look at me.” I obeyed without hesitation. I could feel each breath he took, and each time it hit my lips I shivered. Butterflies were swarming in my stomach. “Are you in love with me?”

                “Yes,” I answered. “I’m sorry.”

                “No. Don’t be sorry.” He smiled then, the sweetest thing I’d ever seen, even above the eye roll. “Because I love you too.” And with that he pressed his lips gently to mine. It was sweet, and nearly brought tears to my eyes; in fact, he kissed me until we both tasted the saltiness of them. Immediately he pulled back and brushed them away. “Noona, why are you crying? Aren’t you happy?”

                I nodded. “The happiest girl in the entire world; but I’m sure I’m just dreaming all of this.”

                “You’re not,” he reassured me with a smile, then kissed me again.