Noticed

Virtually hiding from Luhan

hdfdhdfdChapter four- Noticedhdfdhdfd

*Someone please tell me why this school still has physical education in third year high school.* Kai Ling thought to herself, at least it’s only for the spring and summer semester. This has probably got to be her worst class. She was placed in a class filled with popular people, which made her the ultimate out cast when it came to finding a partner to toss the ball with. Sadly she was in a class with all the EXO-M boys, which made it more difficult for her to avoid Kris. For the last two weeks she’s been ‘forgetting’ her uniform but she knew it wasn’t going to work this time.

The class assembled on the tennis court. Miss Jung started to explain some of the rules in tennis and the guys listened without making a single sound. She was probably one of the most loved teachers in the whole school, she was pretty and really nice and caring.

“Miss Sica,” some random guy called out, “can you be my tennis partner later on?”

Miss Jung smiled, “I’ll see about that.”

Some students called Miss Jung Miss Sica because of her first name, Jessica. “Okay class, let’s do some warm ups! How about jogging around the court five times and when I say skip, you skip and if I say jump, you jump, neh?”

“Yes Miss Jung!” The students cheered. Kai Ling hated sport with passion; however she did like tennis though she just at it. She absolutely hated doing warm ups because she was so unfit and lazy, that didn’t make her fat either.

The class started jogging around the court for half a lap before the teacher called out, “Skip!” Kai Ling slowly became the last person at the back because she had difficulties catching up with a pile of chicks and lanky guys who spent their days working out for hot bodies.

*My energy, oh my goodness this is so difficult and tiring, it feels like someone is taking my soul.*

“Jump!”

*Oh my god, some of the girls with huge look disturbing, oh my god my .*

“Hop!”

*No please, I can’t take it anymore.*

By now, she was already a lap behind, not that anyone noticed, it just looked as if she was merely in front of the group, not long they caught up to her and she was at the back again.

“Side skip!”

Kai Ling could feel herself dying as she gasped for air. She barely ever exercised, she probably only exercised in P.E classes.

“Now run as fast as you can for the last lap!”

Kai Ling stared in disbelief as the students all sprinted to the end, she looked as if she was only jogging. By now she was the only one still running, not that anyone stared or cared. *If there’s another warm up I’m going to go kill myself instead.*

Unfortunately, there were more warm ups, not that they required running. It was just simple stretches and Kai Ling didn’t have to pant and die.

“As you can tell, there aren’t enough courts for singles, so I guess you have to be in partners today.” Miss Jung announced.

“Should I let you pick them yourselves?”

“Yes please Miss Jung!” They all replied.

“Wait, but Miss Sica,” the same guy from before called out, “I wanted to be your partner remember?”

“Ah, alright then, everyone else, please find yourselves a partner and stand at a side of a court. Pair up with another partner and make it a group of four so you can practise some basic tennis skills before we get into the games.”

“Neh.”

“Kris, Kris, Kris!” Luhan tugged at his shirt, “let’s pair up because you love me.”

“Okay baby.” Kris replied.

“Ew, how disgusting.” Tao blurted out. Luhan eyed him with his signature glare which wasn’t even scary.

“Tao, come with me.” Chen ordered.

“No, I don’t want you, you at sport.”

“Come on Tao! I’m better than Lay and Xiumin.”

“Alright then.”

“Looks like I have to go with Xiumin.” Lay stated.

“Why do you make it sound like it’s so depressing for you?” Xiumin asked.

“Because it is.” He replied.

“Oh, BURN!” Tao blurted out. A few boys chuckled at the comment, as Xiumin just dropped his shoulders in depression.

The boys went to pick up a racquet and stood at a court. “Fags to the left.” Kris announced as he stood at one of the courts on the right.

“Chen, Tao join us at this court.” Luhan suggested, but it turned out that they ditched Kris and Luhan. That was one of the slight problems of having a friendship group of six. However since they were so popular anyway, everyone would be friendly towards them. Except, they weren’t popular in the way where girls would be dying for them all the time, and not all guys wanted to mix with them either. Erase all that over-exaggeration people see in dramas like ‘Boys over Flowers.’

Kai Ling walked around the court, not knowing what to do. Maybe if she walked away, no one would notice her. In fact even if she didn’t have a partner, no one would notice that either. To her surprise, the court opposite Luhan and Kris were empty, they were popular kids but likewise, girls don’t swoon over them EVERY time. *I hope Miss Jung doesn’t see me and place me there alone.* With Miss Jung joining in, it did indeed make the class an odd number. *Actually, I hope Miss Jung stays with that guy and not make ME go with him.*

To Kai Ling’s surprise, Kris walked up to her.

“Oh…aren’t you in my chemistry class? I didn’t know you were in my P.E class too.”

*The things you don’t want happening have a higher chance of happening.* Kai Ling thought as she sighed in depression.

“Yeah…” She awkwardly replied, staring at her toes. Kris randomly tilted her chin up, her natural instincts made her slap his long fingers away.

“Oh, I’m sorry about that, just you shouldn’t keep your head down all the time.” Kris stated.

“Yeah…” She awkwardly replied again. This time Kris let out a little chuckle, Kai Ling didn’t know what to say but she knew she felt extremely awkward and wanted to sink into the ground.

“Kris! Hurry up we’re starting!” Luhan yelled as he ran up to them. He looked at Kai Ling and then looked at Kris, “What’s happening?” He asked. Kris ignored him and turned to look at Kai Ling, “Want to join our court?”

“I don’t have a partner…”

“It’s alright, Luhan will be your partner and I’ll solo.”

“Kris, you think you’re so good.” Luhan scoffed. *Why is this happening to me, oh my goodness. Two of the most beautiful boys in the school are talking to me and then later on, a pile of girls will know who I am.* That thought made Kai Ling cringe a little bit, thinking about the consequences.

“Okay class!” Miss Jung called out, she was in the middle court, so everyone could see what she was doing, “Let’s just start with basic forehand and backhand rallies as a warm up.” The weather wasn’t extremely sunny today, but it was still rather bright and Kai Ling felt happy that she was standing the opposite direction from the sun. However, she felt extremely, extremely nervous to be around those two boys. Out of so many extraordinary things that could happen in life, she didn’t understand why it had to be that one. Her peaceful life of being invisible was now officially over, but then she had this little hope that they’d forget who she was the next day, and since they had so much going on with their lives, they probably would forget.

“What’s your name? I don’t know what to call you.” Luhan stated when they accidentally made eye contact. She gulped her saliva down and stared at his nose, it was hard for her to talk to someone whilst staring at them straight in the eye. Especially if it was for Luhan, because his eyes were just so big and sparkly with thick lashes battering as he blinked. Something about his eyes made him look so gentle yet his stare looked like it could see right through you, at least that is what Kai Ling thought. She didn’t quite understand why he would even want to communicate with her in the first place.

“Um…” Luhan stated again, Kai Ling was definitely too immersed in her thoughts. She looked up to stare at his nose, “I’m… Kai Ling, Yuan Kai Ling.”

“Oh…so that means you’re Chinese like we are.” Kris added.

“Y-yeah.” She awkwardly replied and scratched the back of her neck. Kai Ling was good at many things, and socialising definitely was not one of them, in fact it was her weakness.

*I have to stop thinking about those two, just focus on the ball.* She thought to herself as Kris started hitting easy rallies. Luckily tennis wasn’t too difficult and she easily hit the ball back at him. This time, Kris hit the ball directly in the middle of Luhan and Kai Ling. She tried her best to get the ball, completely forgetting about Luhan’s existence. He too, was trying to get it since Kris kept hitting it to the right side of the court and he wanted to have a turn, but it resulted in the two of the accidentally bashing into each other.

Kai Ling awkwardly turned to face his nose, “Uh…I’m sorry.”

“It’s alright.” Luhan smiled, but never in his life has he felt this awkward around someone. Maybe Kai Ling’s existence just makes everything awkward. Kris stared at the two and slightly smirked, or smiled, no one knew.

“Alright class! Let’s practise with some serving will we?” Miss Jung called out. The class immediately stopped with the forehand and backhand rallies and turned to face the pretty teacher as she gave instructions through her actions on how to serve.

“Basically, you just have to throw the ball high up in the air and hit it in each of those squares on the court, depending on where you’re standing,” she used her racquet to point out the two squares, “if you fail to do so, it’ll be considered a fault.”

“Miss Jung! We’ve been doing tennis since middle school, I think we know the basic instructions.” Kim Yoorin stated, she looked as though she was annoyed.

“Yoorin, I’m sorry but maybe some people forget, so I thought it’d be good to remind them.” She replied, smiling again. Kai Ling thought Miss Jung was way too smiley and way too nice, and she didn’t think many girls in the class liked her either, maybe they were jealous. Something about the way Yoorin acted made her think that she was jealous of Miss Jung.

“Okay class, practise in your little groups.”

“Hey, I’ll serve first since I’m the solo guy here, and then we’ll rotate so there’s a server and two people trying to hit it back, yeah?” Kris suggested.

“Then there’s Kris acting all friendly and nice in front of acquaintances.” Luhan sighed and mumbled under his breath.

“Luhan, you say what?”

“Nothing Kris, I love you.”

Kris shook his head and served the ball, Luhan easily got it and hit it back at Kris. They rotated until it was Luhan’s turn to serve.

“That’s a fault.” Kris stated in a very annoyed tone, and passed the ball back to Luhan, Luhan sighed in frustration as he was annoyed by Kris who thought he was the best. Instead of catching the tennis ball, he hit it back to Kris as hard as he could in attempt to release his frustration.

Kai Ling innocently stood at the court, a ball flying towards her but her reflexes were way too slow to dodge. Kris and Luhan watched with their mouths opened as wide as a lion roaring with pride, Luhan’s eyes also looked as if they were going to spill out of his sockets. They heard the loud bang, as the ball hit her in the nose and fell back to the ground. Luhan innocently rushed towards her, guilt trapping his soul as he saw red liquid streaming down her nostrils.

“Oh my god, Oh my god, Luhan what did you do?!” Kris asked.

“YOU were the one who made me do that!”

“OH GOD, just shut up for now, now isn’t the time to argue. Your attitude towards I, duizhang is NOT appropriate and I’ll deal with you later.” Luhan clenched his teeth together and wanted to throw a tennis ball at Kris’s face, “Oh and Luhan, stay here while I get Miss Jung and some tissues.” Luhan stared at the fallen Kai Ling and she was part conscious.

“Hey! I’m sorry for that huge knock, use your finger, and squeeze your nose together!” Luhan suggested, slightly panicking.

“Huuuhhh?” She wearily said, not knowing what was going on. Luhan began panicking more and more and took hold of Kai Ling’s hand. He controlled her fingers and forced her to squeeze her nose together, but she dropped them again.

“WHAT THE HELL LUHAN? What did you do?!” Lay shrieked, the other boys following him as they stared at the ugly scene.

“Oh, Lay I’m glad you’re here.” Luhan briskly said as he grabbed Lay’s hand and forced him to squeeze her bloody nostrils together.

“EW what are you doing? STOP IT!” Lay screamed but Luhan didn’t let go of his arm and made him squeeze her nostrils together as the blood stopped seeping through, yet his own fingers were covered in a stranger’s blood. Lay bit his lip and wanted to cry.

“That’s nasty.” The boys at the back mumbled.

“Ah, Kai…ying? Lin? Kai….Kai xin? I didn’t mean to slam a ball into your face I’m sorry.” Luhan nervously said, but it looked as though she had already passed out.

“Oh my, oh my! What happened here?” Miss Jung said as she made her way towards Kai Ling, holding tonnes of tissues in her hands. Lay quickly removed his fingers and made a face at his dirty, blood stained fingers.  By now the whole class was staring at this so called ‘invisible’ girl. Some laughed at her. Yoorin stared from afar and felt a little uneasy inside. *She’s suddenly so close to the boys.* She thought to herself.

“She’s unconscious, Luhan and Kris, can you please take her to the sick bay and let the nurses take care of her for a while?” Miss Jung asked. Luhan and Kris turned to look at each other, exchanging ‘this is your entire fault’ glares.

“Okay Miss Jung.”

“Thank you boys. Everyone else! Let’s just continue with what we’re doing.” Luhan held her by the arms as Kris held her by the legs, it looked highly unappealing to the others, and they let out a laugh. Although Luhan didn’t like Kris for being such a , he knew that he was the one responsible since he slammed the ball right into her face.  *Oops, there won’t be a next time, I promise.* He thought.

fdjdfhdfAuthor's note(s)dfgfhdfd

Comments won't happen :( thanks for the support anyway!

I know only limited people will answer but I might change this to just the main character's point of view, thoughts? c: