The Virtual World

Virtually hiding from Luhan

hdfdhdfdChapter two- The Virtual Worldhdfdhdfd

Kai Ling’s mother had called her after school, informing her that she’d come home rather late at night. This gave Kai Ling a chance to procrastinate without her mother coming into the room and ranting about how she doesn’t study enough. Truth is, Ka Eun never really needed to study, she did all that at school and it was easy for her to get good grades.

Like usual, she opened her laptop, ready to launch the game she has recently been addicted to.

Luhan took a few cookies and proceeded to his room. He too, opened up his laptop and began browsing some information for his chemistry homework. In other words, he was on the computer procrastinating, Luhan was the laziest amongst all members.

He recently signed up to an online game called Bankrupt and he spent many hours playing it. It was like a virtual business world. As strange as it sounded, Luhan took some interest in marketing as well as media, he decided that if he failed to get into media he’d start his own company.

Currently, he was still working as a typical office boy in a fashion company, if he earns enough money or does well, he’d be able to work as something higher. Strangely, the company’s boss was also run by a successful online player.

 Kris smirked behind his computer screen as a message lit up on his screen. ‘New employee now working in Kristian Fior’ As ridiculous as his fashion company name sounded, it was one of the most successful fashion companies in the game, which meant heaps of competition with other online players.

*DearDeerx3, what a weird username. Let me check his details* Kris clicked onto the avatar and realised he only recently joined the game. The player’s online name was Liu Hen.

*Probably some player from China, I’m going to pick on him.* His lips moved into a curve as he ordered his fellow employers to give him all the hard work and make him run errands for their coffee or drinks.

*Let’s hope this guy comes up to me and decides to rage quit.*

 

Kai Ling had opened up ‘Bankrupt’. Although she was smart, she had slight troubles finding a job, yet the fashion companies interested her. She looked through the virtual newspaper to see that Kristian Fior was one of the companies that weren’t too difficult to work in and had decent pay to all employers. Kai Ling tapped under her lip slightly, while thinking up of a resume.

*This virtual world may be all fake, but players take is so seriously. If that’s the case, I’ll have to bull through my application.*

Kris leaned on the back of his chair as he stared at the screen with another lowly smirk on his face. ‘A new employer wants to apply for a job!’ the screen read.

Kris scanned through the details.

*Hm, the username, Fastshioncat, how interesting. Female…name… Wang Jia ling. Good, is that another Chinese lady?* He stopped reading through the application letter and hired her immediately.  Kai Ling usually just ran small errands since she was new, but she didn’t like how the people treated her either.

“Looks like we have another noob joining.” A player typed out. Kai Ling ignored the lowly comment and did as she was told. Although it was a game, it was rather stressing since all the intermediate players kept dumping files at her and telling her to transfer them all into the computer. There was probably ten to do, but she didn’t want to give up so quickly.

Right when she was starting her second one, a player messaged her some kind words.

DearDeerx3: Hey Fatshioncat, I’m new to this place as well, I don’t have as much to do, want to share the load?

Fatshioncat: Really? There’s so much to do though.

DearDeerx3: Well I don’t fully understand how this thing works but, let’s show the others that we can be better than them, right? :3

Fatshioncat: Ah..heh heh I don’t know~! >< if you’re really THAT willing to help me then I wouldn’t say no :D

DearDeerx3: o_o yay!

Fatshioncat: o.0 how do you send friend requests in this game?

DearDeerx3: YOU WANT TO ADD ME?!

Fatshioncat: ….

DearDeerx3: We can be bestfriends ;), here I’ll add you.

Fatshioncat: ^_^

Kai Ling accepted the friend request and proceeded with the amount of work she had to do in the stupid yet addicting game. Unfortunately, she had to go out again to buy coffee for the workers a level higher than her. *As if people would pick on each other online.* She sighed at that thought, losing a bit of faith in humanity, strangely.

Fatshioncat: No, get the coffee yourselves.

ChingChongqian: No I already told you to get it so you have to, n00b.

Fatshioncat: I have these files to finish, I’M BUSY, I HAVE A LIFE TOO.

ChingChongqian: This is how the game works, If I’m higher than you, you listen to me.

Fatshioncat: ….you-

DearDeerx3: I’ll do it okay?

With that, his avatar left the office to fetch some coffee. Luhan sat back behind his screen and thought about how difficult life must be in the future, since this game was rather realistic. On the bright side, he was proud that he made a new friend and didn’t have to play all alone anymore.

After he had virtually fetched the coffee, he decided to fetch himself some coffee for real. It was rather late at night, but Luhan didn’t want to fall asleep so quickly yet, he had so much more to do online.

“What are you doing at this hour?” Kris asked, staring at him suspiciously.

“I’m grabbing myself some coffee, what’s wrong with that?”

“Why would you grab coffee at this hour, just go sleep.” He stated, opening the fridge to grab some cold water to drink.

“I like coffee, do you have a problem with that?!” Luhan asked. He didn’t know why Kris was always so suspicious.

“No…okay night.”

Luhan eyed Kris weirdly from the back as he stirred his coffee and headed back to the room. He sat back onto his comfortable chair and went back into the game.

DearDeerx3: Hey~ are you done with your work yet?? :3

-this user is offline-

*Oh, maybe she went to sleep. Oh goodness, the game will be so boring now and I just drank coffee!* He sighed as he shut his laptop and tried his best to sleep.