Good Morning Class!

The temporary teacher

3rd Person POV

‘There Onew-sshi, is your desk. Initially they wanted you to use my desk while I was gone, but since the other teacher just resigned, and Mr Jung decided you could take over her, so you’ll be using her desk! So we’re desk neighbours now!’ winked Mrs Park cheerfully. ‘Ah I never thought this day would come so soon… My very own student as my colleague! And I’m not even 30 yet!’

Feeling rather awkward and not knowing how to respond to what Mrs Park had just said, Onew decided to busy himself with looking at his desk, opening the different drawers and stuff.

‘Onew-sshi, my class is starting soon, so I think it’ll be good if you join me? Today’s the first lesson with them, so it’s more of introductory. So I’ll just be introducing you and I, followed by getting the students to introduce themselves, and maybe why they decided to take Chemistry. Any questions?’ Onew shook his head. ‘All right let’s go!’

Feeling amazed at how energetic and lively Mrs Park was despite her ‘bump’ seemed bigger than ever, Onew followed quickly as she was walking really fast as well, while hiding a smile to himself with the previous thought.

Entering the classroom, Onew couldn’t help but feel strange, especially since that was the very classroom he had been using just last year. It was really different now, being a teacher, and especially since he was rather mischievous and playful, it  was kinda hard to believe his status now.

‘Okay good morning class! I am Mrs Park, and this is (whispers to Onew: ‘what do they call you?’ ‘Mr Lee’) Mr Lee.’ Touching her bump fondly, Mrs Park continued,’ as you can see, I am pregnant and so Mr Lee will be taking my place when I go off to the hospital. Don’t worry, you are still in good hands. Mr Lee was my student, to be more specific, one of my top students.’

Trying his best not to feel nervous standing in front of the class, Onew spoke up ‘Neh, I hope to know all of you in the period together then.’ Ending with a bow, Onew’s face was red. He could see some of the students giggling at his expression, but he chose to ignore it.

Next Mrs Park got the students to do a short introduction about themselves. The first student stood up, surprisingly walked to the front and started.

‘Annyeonghasayo, my name is Kim Kibum, but I prefer you calling me Key. I like dancing and singing. Thanks.’ With that, he dramatically walked back to his seat and sat down.

‘Wow, that’s quite a character?’ thought Onew to himself.

The next student stood up and asked ‘Can I just do it here?’ Mrs Park nodded in a rather motherly manner. ‘Hi everyone, I’m Lee Taemin. I’ve been in the same class with Key hyung for the last 3 years already.’

When Taemin was just sitting down, the next guy just stood up coolly and said ‘Choi Minho’ and sat down. Mrs Park was about to ask him to tell the class more about himself when the next student stood up and continued. After everyone had finished, Mrs Park rounded up the session by telling them her expectations and what to expect in the syllabus. After which, the bell went off and both Onew and her left the class.

‘How was that? Not bad right? Haha’

“neh I guess?’

‘The kids this time seem so cute. I was sooooo tempted to pinch some of their cheeks.’

‘Neh’ replied Onew absently

‘Anyway, because this week is the first week of school for them, so the next few days they’ll be having some sort of orientation. I can’t be there for obvious reasons, so do you think you can be there for me. Don’t let the kids bully you. They’ll try to get you to join them in the games but you can say no. Anyway, I’ll be starting the new topic, and I’ll provide you with the materials but you will take over from the 2ndweek onwards since I’m not too sure when exactly will I go into labour. So, at least you can have a sense of what to do before I leave. I HOPE.’

“neh.’ Onew was starting to feel alittle nervous because it was his first time teaching after all, and he had always been a nice guy, so it was very likely the students would find out that they could bully him.

‘anyway let’s go for lunch! My treat!’

Onew was about to protest when he got dragged away. Why in the world was she SO STRONG?!

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

My apologies again! Okay i know the story is going rather slowly, but that's because I sorta have an idea what will happen. It'll be rather slow throughout i think haha but then again needs to see how when i start writing. thanks to my faithful readers, especially Parkran_sung!