Is it fate we met?!

Can't Say I Love You

 

Ding dong. Ding dong.
The doorbell rang for the 15th time announcing that the person standing outside my apartment still didn't give up, whoever they were, I decided to ignore them. I decided to busy myself with doing nothing. to distract myself from thinking and even breathing. I felt my body go numb and hoped my heart would do the same too as I continued to lay on the chilly floor but, unfortunately, it didn't. My heart rate quickened and the sound of my heartbeat burst out of my chest as my mind kept replaying the words Dara had said over and over again. My ears felt sore from listening to the melody of her voice being mixed with the weeping of my heart. another tear rolled down my cheek as memories started flashing.
I remember spending hours every afternoon at the subway station next to my work place knowing that, at that time of the day, she would be there. She used to pass by me everyday but never really looked at or even noticed me and neither did I actually. Until that day came..
Everything seemed normal. Nothing especially good or bad happened. It was just another peaceful, sunny day. but never have I thought that this normal, boring peacefulness would turn into the weirdest, yet most fascinating day of my entire life.
My shift ended early that day and I couldn't wait to get home and sleep, especially since I hadn't had any sleep the night before thanks to Seungri, my best friend, who thought it would be a good idea to stay up all night watching dramas. I headed to the subway, not paying any attention to the path I was walking. Instead, I was focusing on the phone in my hands and, to be more specific, to the text message I had received from Seungri telling me that his friend was throwing a party and that I'm invited. I quickly typed the words "Whatever man, I'm not going. My head's still spinning from last night." I was about to hit the send button when someone- a girl, suddenly ran into me. Or I ran into her. Or maybe fate had played his role and used his powers to force two paths to cross and two hearts to fall. Well, at least this was what I believed.
The sudden contact of our bodies caused me to take a few steps backward and my phone raised in the air. I stared at my flying phone who soon crashed into the ground and shattered into pieces. I kneeled down next to the pieces of what used to be my phone only moments ago. I grasped some of them, trying to stomach what just happened. Finally, I looked up to see the person who hit me and that's when I felt, for the first time, a weird thing forming in my heart which I believed was love thanks to the thousands of romantic dramas I have seen.
 
 
Ding dong. Ding dong.
The doorbell rang one more time creating noises that penetrated the walls of my bedroom, heading directly to my ears until finally settling deep inside my mind. Which only added more pain to the painful throbbing in my head, making it unbearable. I used my elbows to push my body up and after several tries, I was able to sit up. I sat there sighing in discomfort due to the numbness that dominated my whole body. I started rubbing my arms up and down and shook my legs lazily until I made sure I could feel them again. I stood up slowly and walked towards the door stretching. already knowing who was going to be on the other side.
 
"what the hell? She dumped you?" Seungri said in disbelief
I couldn't talk about it. I didn't want to talk about it but Seungri's constant questions were forcing the words out of my mouth. And eventually, I told him everything and it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. I don't know how or why, but Seungri has always had this affect on me. No matter how big the problem I'm facing was, he made it seem so small, almost like it never existed in the first place.
"-did you even look in the mirror this morning?! Man, look at your hair! It's a mess! And your clothes! When was the last time you bathed?!" Seungri sighed when he noticed that I wasn't paying attention to him.
I felt a slight pressure on my shoulders so I looked up to see Seungri gazing at me, putting a hand on each one of my shoulders and squeezing it slightly.
"Go and take a shower. 'Cause we're going out." he finished his sentence and the next thing I knew, I was being pulled off of the couch and dragged to the bathroom. I was attempting to pull my hand away from his grasp but the force was so strong so I gave up and a moment later, he turned around and looked me in the eye but said nothing.
"Okay, I'll do whatever you want just let go of my hand.. Your grasp is really tough you know." I huffed.
He let out a chuckle as he whispered "I'm not tough. You're just too weak."
I rolled my eyes and waited for him to loosen his grasp and when he did, I moved forward and stepped inside the bathroom, closing the door behind me.
"I'll pick you some clothes to wear so hurry up!" I heard Seungri yell..
 
I got out of the car and immediately followed Seungri who was already standing, waiting for me at the club's entrance. I was wearing a black v-neck shirt that showed too much of my collarbone along with a black skinny leather pants that was glued to my thighs perfectly and highlights my thin legs in the iest way possible. I wore a dark red leather jacket that had some random English words written in black on the back of it, and completing my outfit with the red sneakers I had borrowed from Seungri a month ago but never wore them until tonight. My steps felt heavy as I walked towards him. We could clearly hear the music blasting inside the club so I moved closer to his face and screamed "give me the keys. I'm going back home." though it came out as a whisper due to the really loud sound of music.
He looked at me and screamed back
"NO. You're coming with me this time."
And just like earlier, I was dragged into the building that Seungri has described as a "fancy club where heaven can be found."
We entered the joint and the smell of smoke, sweat, beer and cruelly invaded my nostrils and lungs as I inhaled deeply. I haven't been into a club in months and at one point, I was fighting the temptation to break through the throng and dance my life away along with the sweaty bodies that surrounded me. I took my eyes off the people around me and turned back at Seungri only to find that he wasn't beside me anymore. I looked around in an attempt to find him but it was all in vain. The place was crowded with too many tired, carefree and even bored people so it would be almost impossible to find my friend in such a place. I looked around me one more time and glanced at the bar located mere meters away, I hardly found my way to it thanks to the girls who kept touching me in not really cool places. I finally made it to the bar and seated myself on the first empty bar stool I saw. I motioned to the bartender who noticed but didn't respond, he was busy talking with the guy sitting at the corner of the bar, burying his own face in the bar table. The bartender gave him a slight punch on the arm but got no reaction so I assumed he's too drunk to move. My guess was correct and the bartender soon gave up on him and made his towards me.
Seconds later, the bartender was standing in front of me so I immediately mouthed the words "jack and coke please.." but was cut off by the man before me that came closer to my face and almost shout in my ears.
"I'm sorry but can you keep an eye on that guy sitting at the corner?!" 
I glared at his face confused and before I even say a thing, he spoke again.
"I'm sorry but this is an emergency. That guy there is my younger brother and I can't take him home since my shift isn't over yet and he really. really needs to leave this place now. Make sure he doesn't talk to anyone, doesn't leave his place till I come back and doesn't get into any kind of trouble. I'll call him a cab, bring your order and I'll be right back." 
he explained in one breath and was gone before I could mouth the word "okay" or "what the hell".
I turned my head to find the man I was supposed to “babysit” is now standing, attempting to walk away. I jumped from my stool and ran to prevent him from leaving. I held him by the arm and walked him to his stool. I must be really bored to actually do this, I thought as he sat like a little dutiful kid and I sat next to him listening to him whining with his deep husky voice.
"I am stupid. No you are stupid... I said you're stupid!" 
he was about to slap my face but I was fast enough to catch his hand half way.
"what? I can't cry? Who said i cant? I did cry and I can cry right now if i want to...... I want my mom. Where is she? Where's hyung?"
I felt like hitting him. As much as I liked his deep voice and, I admit it, I could listen to him speak forever and wouldn't grow tired of it, I just hated that I'm in a ty mood and he's making it even tier with his stupid words.
For a while he just looked at me without saying a word..... Just staring at me with his dark eyes. I couldn't quite make out what the color of his eyes due to the bad lighting of the club. But I imagined his iris dyed in dark chocolate brown.. I thought it would fit perfectly to his voice.
"You look beautiful...." he said softly.
I was taken aback by his comment so I leaned my body back and let go of his hand. He leaned his elbows on the bar table and rested his head on both of his arms. He repeated his last three words twice and started crying making ugly sounds for awhile. Then silence broke between us again, and to be honest, I like it that way.
I laughed to myself at the man sitting next to me and mumbled 
"You call yourself a man-?"
but then my brain froze, the blackness filled my sight and words died in my throat as Dara's words shot me in the heart, once again.
The bartender appeared before me, handed me my drink while mouthing "Thank you." I nodded, still in my land of memories when he turned his head and slid his hand in front of me, reaching the unconscious man near me and taping his shoulder roughly.
"C'mon Seunghyun, the cab is waiting outsi-"
I took my first sip of the mixture, cold and icy, sweet but slightly bitter against my tongue and I could feel the tart burning liquid slipping down my throat as I swallowed hard.
The next thing I knew, I was on the dance floor, partying so hard and making out with anonymous girls.
 
 
A/N: so here's a new short chappie~ i might take a while to update cuz I'm having exams for the next 2 weeks ㅠㅠ
Well yeah, read it and tell me what you think about it.
Make sure you comment!! >_< 
Ok now... I'm OUT~ ^.^