Chapter 6

Love in Paris

 

 

Krystal waited for Minho in his room. He mentioned about bringing her around after she worked so hard. It was only then that she realized that she hasn’t been able to visit Paris like she would. She made a mental note to drag Minho to random places, knowing that that would drive him crazy. She muffled her giggle as Minho stepped out of the shower drying his hair. She spaced out for a while, seeing his natural beauty before getting interrupted by him.

“Ready to go?”

“Yeah, who knew that a guy would take so much longer than a girl?” She stuck her tongue out.

He chuckled before retorting, “Maybe she didn’t clean up properly!”

“I did!” Krystal pouted.

“Alright, alright! I’m not bring a pouting baby out!” Minho teased as he quickly wore his coat and ran out with Krystal running after him.

“Yah!”

 

 

They walked along the Jardins du Trocadero  (Gardens of the Trocadero) nearby the Eiffel Tower. It was snowing slightly and Minho made sure Krystal brought a thick jacket with her before they went out of the hotel.

Krystal smiled at the scenery. She loved winter, the snow and the cold. Somehow it reminds her of Minho. How he was really cold in the beginning but as time goes on, the ice melts and flowers bloom.

“It’s cold, Krystal. Why did you want to come to such a place?” Minho hugged himself.

“Why not? It’s so beautiful.”

“It’s cold! Let’s quickly go back in, alright?”

“No, I like it here!”

“It’s cold…” He whined.

“You…” She wrapped her arms around Minho’s left arm. “Are you warm now?”

Minho blushed but quickly said, “What is this? People are going to think we are a couple!”

“It’s not like we’re in Seoul…” She pouted. “Alright then…” Krystal took her hands off but…

“Yah, what are you doing? You are the one who caused me to feel cold so you should be warming me up, no?” He forced her hands to wrap themselves around his again.

 

They found themselves at Café Carette nearby Trocadero. As Krystal sat down at a table for two, Minho went off to order some pastries and coffee. Krystal looked around here. The café seems cosy and the smell of pastries baking, delicious. She couldn’t wait to try one of things they sold by the counter.

She saw Minho scratching his head while talking to one of the people in charge at the counter. Confused, she walked over to see what was wrong.

“Uh, I… want this.” Minho spoke in English. Krystal wanted to laugh. His Korean accent was way too strong.

“Excuse me?” The girl replied in French. Ah, Krystal found the problem. Minho couldn’t speak French and the girl couldn’t speak English. She took over.

“We would like to have…” She started off in French. “What do you want, Minho?”

“Uh, those colourful things.”

“Oh, we want these colourful… macarons?” Krystal read from a little sign near the tray containing those colourful delicacies.

The waitress was delighted that someone could speak French and went about her way. “Would you like some coffee?”

“Sure.” Krystal replied and walked back to their seat with Minho.

 

“I didn’t know you speak French.” Minho said, sipping his coffee.

“Just a little bit.” Krystal smiled sheepishly as she reached out to take one of those macarons. They looked delicious. As she bit it, “Mmmmmmm, it’s so good, try it.” She quickly held the half-eaten macaron in front of Minho’s mouth.

Minho blushed. He never shared food with a girl before, besides his mother, of course. “Uhh…” He started off. Krystal didn’t seem to notice so he slowly bit off a bit of the macaron. “I-It’s delicious…” He nodded, cheeks still pink.

Krystal noticed Minho blushing and she knew he felt awkward. But somehow, she just wanted to continue her act and . As he bit a part of her macaron, she muffled her giggle. He looked really cute, all pink and timid as he ate it.

 

Krystal ended up eating almost all the macarons up. Minho was too shy to take another one. Krystal noticed this and pushed the plate towards him.

“Quick, before I eat them all.” She teased.

“You eat a lot, you know?” He pointed out. “I don’t want it, you have them.”

“No, you paid for it. You should have some. I’m gonna feel really guilty if you don’t eat.” Her eyes started to widen. “And it’s really nice, you also said so. Try it, please?” She slightly pouted.

Minho felt awkward receiving the sudden aegyo from Krystal. “Ah, arrasso, arrasso.” He said as he quickly took a macaron. Krystal smiled widely at her achievement.

 

After that, Minho and Krystal took a bus to the Marais District. Krystal had done some looking up and found out that the shops there were cheap and they also sold secondhand clothes.

Both of them walked around, window shopping. The prices were okay but nothing really caught Krystal’s eye. Minh on the other hand, saw a beautiful necklace in one of the windows. It had a pendant of a turquoise ice skate and he thought that it would really suit Krystal.

“I think I have to go to the bathroom for a moment. Can you wander around on your own?”

“Bathroom? Where?” She looked around. She didn’t see any bathrooms.

“I’ll go ask a shop, alright? See you at that boutique in 5!” Minho pointed to a random boutique as he sped off.

“Ask?” Krystal muttered to herself, eyebrows furrowed. “You don’t know how to speak French…”

 

 


Do you like this chapter?

Btw, if you're wondering how the necklace looks like, it looks like this.

 

 

Is it nice? Kekekeke.