Chapter 5

Love in Paris

 

 

“Here’s some tea.” Krystal put down a mug of warm green tea beside Minho’s laptop. He was currently researching the venues of the photoshoot. After he let out his feelings, he felt much better. All the burdens he felt, have been lifted up. Was is really because he always kept everything to himself? He must really learn to express his feeling more often.

“Thanks.” He smiled at her and turned back to look at the computer.

“Omo, this is nice.” Krystal suddenly exclaimed. He turned to look at her. Krystal was looking at some of the pictures she took with her camera.

“Let me see?” Minho asked as he stretched out his arm. Krystal passed him the camera and walked over to sit beside him so she could look at the pictures with him. It was a picture taken this morning of the rink, probably when she was skating. The rink was empty and the picture was focused on a little girl practicing her routine. There were some pictures of her falling that weren’t really great but this one, when the girl finally perfected it, it was beautiful.

An idea suddenly came into Minho’s head and he smiled at Krystal. “I know what to do for the photoshoot.”

“What?” Krystal chuckled at the overly-excited Minho.

 

 

Krystal was dressed in a white mini dress. The bodice was decorated with rhinestones and the skirt was slightly ruffled. Not too simple but not too fancy to outshine her skating talents. She was shivering a little in the cold as she waited for the recording to start. Yes, a commercial. The partners were so impressed by Minho’s idea that they even sponsored to film a commercial.

She felt someone drape a large coat over her shoulders. “Forgotten to bring out a jacket?” She turned and saw Minho.

“Y-yeah…” She smiled slightly.

“Nervous?” He asked. She nodded in response. “It’s alright, you’re great.” She chuckled. “What?” He flushed. She looked cute when she laughed.

“Nothing. It’s weird that you just complimented me.”

“Well, be ready to hear more. You are now officially my property.”

“Your property?” Her eyes bulged out.

“My company’s property is my property, no?”

“Shut up.” She hit his shoulder playfully.

“Okay! Set up! 10 minutes to action!” One of the directors shouted.

“Oh, I better get into place! Bye oppa!” Krystal quickly left. Minho suddenly realized something. Oppa? That was her first time calling me that right?, he thought. He shrugged and walked over to where they were setting up the cameras. He needed to have a good look at his model. After all, she was representing his company. Or was she?

 

As she skated, everyone couldn’t help but be amazed. For a non-professional skater, Krystal was doing a really good job. Minho stared as she glided across the surface of the ice like a swan. Her elegance was at its peak as she twirled and jumped around the rink. As she skated to a stop and the director yelled “Cut!” everyone clapped.

“Thanks for your hard work!” Krystal said as she bowed to every member of the staff.

“Take care of yourself, will you?” Minho said as he draped the same coat over Krystal again. “I don’t want you getting sick.”

“Thank you for your hard work!” Krystal bowed to Minho, just to .

“Yah!”

Krystal chuckled at him. “You’re cute.” She pinched his cheek and walked away as he blushed furiously.

 

 

The partners loved the commercial. It shows a skater almost at the brink of giving up but after drinking a bottle of ‘Speed Up’, she’s up and running again. Typical, but hey, aren’t all commercials like that. Because of the love Krystal was receiving, Minho and his father have decided to employ Krystal as their new spokesperson.

“You’re not angry anymore, are you?” Krystal asked Minho when they were spending their free time in the suite.

Minho turned off the tv. “What are you talking about? He turned to her with a gentle smile.

“You’re not angry that I replaced Kim Yuna?” She asked teasingly.

“I’m angry, but since you’re so pretty, I guess I forgive you then.” Minho answered cheekily.

“Yah, you cheesy man!” She hit him with one of the pillows from the sofa. “You make me shiver!”

“Oh really?” He wiggled his eyebrows.

“Yah! Stop!” Krystal covered her face with her hands.

“Only if you make me something to eat. I’m hungry.” He pouted.

“Okay!” Krystal quickly jumped up and ran towards the kitchen before Minho acts weird again. He chuckled as he saw her run.

 

“How’s it?” Krystal smiled as she watched Minho eat. She smiled even brighter when he grinned.

“It’s delicious! You should make me more!” He gave her two thumbs up.

“Well, only if I continue to be your model…” She teased.

“Of course!” They both laughed.

“You seem different lately.” Krystal smiled genuinely at Minho.

“Hmm?” He wasn’t paying attention, he was busy slurping the naengmyun that Krystal prepared for him.

“Are you listening?” Krystal pouted.

“Yeah, yeah!” He slurped the last bit. “What did you say?” He looked at her.

“I said that you seem different lately.”

“Hmm, really? I didn’t notice.”

“You seem much happier and friendlier than the time I first met you.”

“That’s good then, right?” He widened his eyes. Krystal nodded cutely. He smiled wider at her cute nod. She looked prettier today, even though she was still wearing her pyjamas and her hair is a little bit messy. He eyes sparkled brighter today, and her smile, much more beautiful. What’s happening to her? Or to him?

 

 


Dugeun dugeun.

What is going to happen?