Chapter 3

Love in Paris

 

 

Minho quickly unpacked his bag and arranged all his toiletries in the bathroom. He hated to be unorganized. He must get everything ready beforehand. As he walked out, he saw his father talking on the phone in French. He made a mental note to learn up the language soon if he was going to take over the company. The company, he sighed. He felt burdened again.

“Minho-yah, there’s a meeting soon but you can miss it if you want. It’s just a briefing. Since the other partners haven’t arrived yet, I guess you can miss this one?”

“I should go, appa. Even if it’s not important, I should get every piece of information told.”

“You look so tired, dear. Take a rest or a stroll outside. I’m sure you’ll find some pretty girl to look at. After all, Paris is the City of Love.” He winked at he walked out of the room, closing the door.

“Pa! Paris is the City of Lights!” Minho whined. He didn’t like his father getting all cheesy on him. He thought about his father’s suggestion. Perhaps he should go out for some fresh air. All that recycled air in the plane drove him nuts. He heard the hotel had an ice skating rink. Maybe he could go for a skate or two and come back to finish his report.

 

 

It was a joy to be on the ice again. Krystal smiled up to the sky as she skated around the rink a few times, feeling the breeze blow on her face. She closed her eyes for a moment and…

“Ouch!” She heard a voice say. She opened her eyes and realized that she had collided with another skater.

“Omo!” She said in Korean. “I’m so sorry, I wasn’t looking.” She said in French.

The man pushed himself up and patted his trousers. “It’s alright.” He said in Korean. Fancy meeting another Korean… wait a minute. It was the same man in the airplane!

“Oh, toilet man!” She exclaimed without thinking.

“Excuse me?” He leaned in towards her.

“I-I-I meant, you! We met at the lavatory, remember?” She quickly explained before he throws another cold look and glare her pants off.

“What? Come again?”

“WE met in the plane? I was coming out of the lavatory and bumped into you?” She talked extra slow.

He looked away for a moment and then nodded his head. “Ah, right.”

“Well, nice seeing you!” Krystal said as she skated off.

 

 

Minho watched as the unknown girl skated off into the center of the rink. She started to spin and twirl so fast his eyes hurt. Goodness, doesn’t she feel dizzy? As he continued to watch her, he saw how graceful her movements were and how she could compare to the figure skater Kim Yuna. She’s definitely prettier, he thought. He had always liked girls with cat-like eyes, which reminds him of… He shook his head. He was not going to think about his first love in a place like this. Not now, not ever, not…

He fell flat on the ice. He looked up and saw a French couple laughing at him. He glared at them. “That’s nice, pulling a prank on an innocent Korean tourist!” He shouted at them in Korean. People started to look at him and he blushed. He never liked attention.

“Do you need help?” He turned to see the same girl just now.

“Um, no thanks.” He pushed himself to get up. “Ah… ah!”

She quickly held his arm to help him up. “You don’t seem alright. I think you sprained something.”

“Those idiots, injuring a poor man…” He heard the girl giggle.

“They were just having fun.” She smiled. Her smile is nice, he thought but then he shifted his attention to his sprained arm. He must’ve fell on his arm. He sighed.

“They shouldn’t be injuring people.” He almost whined. The girl continued to smile at his actions.

“They’re just a young couple in love. Forgive them.”

“Love.” He scoffed. “What’s so great about it?” He muttered as the girl helped him into the hotel.

“What’s so not great about it?” The girl asked curiously. “Love is a great feeling. An adventure in life. I guess you haven’t fallen in love?” He just looked at her. “Hmm, thought so.” The girl simply said.

 

“Here you go.” Krystal said as she helped the guy from the plane sit on the bed. “Are you going to be fine on your own?”

“Yeah, my dad will be coming back soon from his meeting.”

“Hmm, alright then. I’ll get going.” Just as she left the room, she heard the main door close. “Oh, annyeonghaseyo.” She bowed at the man standing there.

“I’m sorry, you are?”

“I helped your son to his room after he fell.”

“Fell? What happened?”

“Some playful couple pushed him down while skating.” She said, smiling at the thought.

“Ah, that boy. What he did he do this time?” The man said as he walked into his son’s room. Krystal just followed as it was rude to just leave by herself.

 

“So I see you’ve found a girl. A Korean one too.” Krystal blushed as she heard what the man said when she walked in.

“What are you doing here? I thought you left?” The younger man asked her.

“I-It was rude to leave…”

“Manners, Minho.” Minho. Like Lee Minho? “Who’s this girl?”

“Ah, I’m Krystal Jung.” She said as she extended her hand to the older man. He shook it.

“I’m Choi Yun-Gyeom and this is my son Minho, whom I supposed should have already introduced himself?” He asked as he smirked at his son.

“Dad…” The injured one whined. Krystal chuckled slightly at the father-and-son interaction in front of her.

“By the way, we have to find a new model for our new line of energy drinks. The partners aren’t very happy with the one you chose.”

“What’s wrong with Kim Yuna? She’s Korea’s famous figure skater.”

“Yes, son, but she’s a bit too famous, apparently. The partners are looking for a fresh new face. Someone that hasn’t been discovered.”

“Does that mean I have to go back to Seoul to find her?”

Uh-oh. “Sorry, I should leave now.”

“Ah, Krystal wait.” The older Mr. Choi said. “I think you could be our fresh new face.”

“What?” She and Minho exclaimed at the same time.

 

 


How are you guys enjoying this new fic so far?

Comment, subscribe and upvote if you do!