An End For A Start

Snow Ends It All

 

 

Bright lights filled the once empty roads. The night was ending, the sun rising. Cars pulled up, men in blue and black uniforms filed out and ran into the woods. Some were yelling a name and some were manning flashlights. There were dogs sniffing for a scent of one person; Do Kyungsoo.

They were going to search for him until they found something, anything would do. They ran through the woods, crashing past trees and into a clearing. The light of the rising sun shun through, lighting it up in a colourful rainbow.

“We found him!” One man called out, brushing the snow aside to uncover the cold and hardening body of the boy. His skin felt of ice and the tears that were spilt were frozen. The boy was gone, lost to the cold. The men lifted him onto a bed and rushed him to the hospital in hopes of reviving the lost soul.

Nurses and doctors were rushing, warming the boy’s body up as fast as they could, they had machines over him to start his heart and lungs. Nothing was working. He was gone for good.

In the back of the darkness, a light shun through. It was dim at first, but it was getting brighter. Something was pulling the boy out of his world and into another. The light got brighter, it burnt harshly at everything. At the memories the boy once had, at the love he held for those he once knew.