Love Contract

Without Knowing I Fell In Love With You (Like A Fool I Don't Know Anything Else But Love)

Min Ho’s Thoughts:
Hyun Joong and Hye Sun…Hye Sun and Hyun Joong…Hye Sun with Hyun Joong? Why can’t I stop thinking about it? If I had to see a man standing next to my little sister shouldn’t I be happy it’s Hyun Joong? Didn’t I say I just wanted the best for her? Will they be happy? Why can’t I sincerely say I’m happy?

Hye Ri: “Hello!” Waves her hand across Min Ho’s face.

Min Ho: “Huh?”

Hye Ri: “Class is over. We can walk home now.”

Min Ho: “Oh..Let’s go.”

Hye Ri: “You’re acting strange Min Ho.”

Min Ho: “I’m not.”

Hye Ri: “Come on tell me.” Tickles Min Ho.

Min Ho: “It’s nothing. I’m just tired. We got home pretty late from the dance. I hardly got any sleep.”

Hye Ri: “I bet Hye Sun and Hyun Joong didn’t get any sleep either.” Smiling. “I still can’t believe Sunbae kept his feelings hidden so well. I would have never known. As for Hye Sun, I always thought she had a special spot for Sunbae in her heart, but little did I know it was a special kind of love.”

Min Ho: “…I’m hungry let’s go eat.”

Hye Ri: “Sure…Hey I have an idea, why don’t we go on a double date with Hye Sun and Hyun Joong tomorrow?”

Min Ho: “Double date?”

Meanwhile…

Hye Sun: “Hyung Jun.”

Hyung Jun: “You looked beautiful last night.”

Hye Sun: Blushing. “Oh.”

Hyung Jun: “So I heard you and Kim Hyun Joong are a couple now.”

Hye Sun: “Oh..about that..”

Hyung Jun: “Was Hyun Joong the guy you couldn’t forget about?”

Hye Sun: “Mmm..” Nods. “He was.”

Hyung Jun: “Good. You’re finally with the man you truly love. I hope you can be happy by his side.”

Hye Sun: “Hyung Jun.”

Hyung Jun: Smiling. “I should get going. Don’t forget to call me up even if it’s just to eat dinner or something.”

Hye Sun: “I won’t.”

Hye Sun’s Thoughts:
The man I truly love? The man I truly love isn’t Hyun Joong but Lee Min Ho. What are we going to do Oppa, why did you have to make up that lie? Why?

HYUN JOONG & MIN HO’S HOUSE
Min Ho: “Hyun Joong, about last night.”

Hyun Joong: “Last night? You mean me and Hye Sun?”

Min Ho: “Yeah…are you really serious about her?”

Hyun Joong: “Hyung, if I wasn’t serious I wouldn’t have confessed my feelings.”

Min Ho: “Okay. In that case, just treat her right.”

Hyun Joong: “You no longer have to worry about Hye Sun. It’s my responsibility now.”

Min Ho: “You’re right…” Awkward pause. “Oh Hye Ri wanted to have a double date tomorrow. Do you think you and Hye Ri can make it?”

Hyun Joong: “Sure. I guess Hye Sun and I can always have our first date another time. Actually I think it will be easier on Hye Sun getting used to being a couple. It’ll be just like when the four of us used to hang out.”

Next Day….Double Date at the amusement park

Hye Ri: “There’s Min Ho and Sunbae. Come on Hye Sun.”

Min Ho: “Have you girls been waiting long?”

Hye Ri: “Yeah I thought I was going to turn into a statue.”

Min Ho: Smiles. “You’re exaggerating now.” Puts his arm around Hye Ri.

Hye Sun looks the other way.

Hyun Joong: “Aren’t you going to greet your boyfriend?” Gently caresses Hye Sun’s cheeks. “After all I came all the way for you.”

Hye Sun: Nods. “Hi Hyun Joong.”

Hye Ri: “They’re so cute. Hye Sun is so shy. Luckily Hyun Joong is turning out to be quite affectionate.”

Hyun Joong stands next to Hye Sun. She tries to grab onto Hyun Joong’s arm but instead Hyun Joong surprisingly grabs her hand.

Hyun Joong: “I hear this place has good roller coasters. Should we go try them?”

Through out the day Hyun Joong is the perfect date, with no affection to spare. Min Ho and Hye Ri didn’t trail to far behind. It almost seemed to Hye Sun that Hyun Joong was trying to prove something. She wanted to ask Hyun Joong why he was still continuing this lie, but she didn’t have the chance.

Hye Ri: “Today was fun. I’ve never gone on a double date before.”

Hye Sun: “Me neither.”

Min Ho: “We should probably head back home.”

Hyun Joong: “Mmm..why don’t you drive Hye Ri home. I brought my car, I can take Hye Sun home.”

Min Ho: “Alright. Lets go Hye Ri.”

Hyun Joong: “Today wasn’t that bad.”

Hye Sun: “Oppa….about…”

Hyun Joong: “I’m in the mood for some tea. How about you make me some tea princess? The one at your house that I really like.”

HYE SUN’S HOUSE
Hyun Joong: “MMMM…Delicious as always. I like your tea the best.”

Hye Sun takes a seat next to Hyun Joong.

Hye Sun: “Oppa, why are you doing this?”

Hyun Joong: Sigh. “I just want you to be happy. I can’t stand to watch you cry. I don’t mind comforting you, but still…so if I can help you get together with Min Ho I’ll do it.”

Hye Sun: “I know you can be very caring Oppa. Even when you get mad or act out, you have a way of making up for it…but you’re going above and beyond comforting me, its like you want to break up Min Ho and Hye Ri. Isn’t Hye Ri our friend? How can we do this to her? She’s so in love with Min Ho.”

Hyun Joong: “Sometimes in life we’re faced with difficult decisions. We can either make them ourselves or let others make them for us. Lee Min Ho hasn’t realized it yet, but he’s in love with you. Before Hye Ri came along you were the one in his heart, and probably still are. Even if it’s 10 years from now Min Ho will realize this, and then what? It’ll be 10 years he spend with Hye Ri instead of you. It’ll be 10 years Hye Ri has spend with Min Ho instead of a man who could have love her more than anything. Although pretending to be a couple to make Min Ho jealous might sound selfish we’re really helping both of them.”

Hye Sun: “Oppa. It’s true I’ll probably never erase be able to erase Min Ho from my heart, but I can’t ruin his happiness. Not this way.”

Hyun Joong: “Don’t look at it that way. If we continue to pretend to be a couple and if after sometime their still together we’ll “break up” and you can confidently say Hye Ri is Min Ho’s happiness. So if they break up or not you’ll still be giving Min Ho happiness.”

Hye Sun: “I don’t’ know Oppa.”

Hyun Joong: “Ji Hye Sun. Please trust in me. Everything will turn out for the best.”

Hye Sun: “How long?”

Hyun Joong: “I suppose we should both agree on a time deadline that our “relationship” should be terminated if our goal isn’t achieved. We can think of this “relationship” as a Love Contract.”

Hye Sun: “Love Contract?”

Hyun Joong: “Just like you would with a regular contract, there are rules that should be followed. So what do you say? Do you accept my proposal for a love contract?”

Hye Sun: “Okay I’ll accept.”

Hyun Joong: “One more thing. I do ask something of you. I’m not really asking you this as an exchange for being your “boyfriend”, but as a friend.”

Hye Sun: “What is it?”

Hyun Joong: “Please teach me to play piano.”

Hye Sun: “Piano? You’ve never had an interest in it. When you were force to go to lessons you would cry, you said the piano hurt your hands too much that you couldn’t paint. After a while your parents stop trying to make you learn. So why are you asking me this now?”

Hyun Joong: “I have my reasons.”

Hye Sun: Why can’t you ask Min Ho to teach you? He’s practically a piano prodigy. There’s no way I can reach his level even if I practiced everyday every hour for 5 years.”

Hyun Joong: “Please Hye Sun, I’m asking you as a friend. As my friend can you just teach me?”

Hye Sun: “Alright.”

******************************HYUN JOONG’SFLASHBACK*********************************

Hyun Joong: “Why are you so happy today?”

Hye Ri: Smiling. “Min Ho played piano for me again. Every time he sits down and looks at me while playing I feel like he’s showing me his heart. I think a man who can play piano to the woman he loves is truly  a man who is willing to give the world to that woman…and a man I can spend the rest of my life with.

************************************END FLASHBACK*************************************

Hyun Joong: “Title of this contract: KIM HYUN JOONG & JI HYE SUN’S LOVE CONTRACT”

Hyun Joong: “1st Rule: No one must find out about Kim Hyun Joong and Ji Hye Sun’s arrangement (Fake Realtionship)”

Hye Sun: “ 2nd Rule: Dating other people is forbidden. Even if a new love interest is present no dating other people. No cheating!”

Hyun Joong: “3rd Rule: “Ji Hye Sun must follow Kim Hyun Joong’s lead with anything pertaining to the “relationship” This applies to verbal matters but is not limited to unexpected situations, personal displays of affection, etc…”

Hye Sun: “HEY WAIT!…4th Rule: Kim Hyun Joong must agree to grant all of Ji Hye Sun’s requests pertaining to the “relationship”. This includes all perfect boyfriend duties, but is not limited to any odd request, etc.”

Hyun Joong: “Okay okay…5th Rule: Kim Hyun Joong and Ji Hye Sun will fulfill all duties as a couple.”

Hye Sun: “What kind of duties?”

Hyun Joong: “I don’t know we’ll talk about them as they arise.”

Hye Sun: “Okay.”

Hyun Joong: “Lastly, Kim Hyun Joong does not have to state his reasons for learning piano.”

Hye Sun: “What?”

Hyun Joong: “I’d like to keep my reasons hidden this is the only way I know you won’t keep asking me.”

Hye Sun: “Fine.”

Hyun Joong: “If either party wishes to terminate the Love Contract before the expiration date they must receive the consent of the other party. However Ji Hye Sun reserves the right to terminate the contract without consent from Kim Hyun Joong if and only if she truthfully no longer loves Lee Min Ho. Kim Hyun Joong also reserves the right to terminate the contract if and only if he genuinely falls in love with a woman.

Hyun Joong: “Expiration Date: 3 Years”

Hye Sun: “3 Years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you crazy?!!!!!!!!!!”

Hyun Joong: “Hey it probably won’t take us that long. Calm down…its just to ensure you won’t go on giving up the first week.”

Hye Sun: “This better not take 3 years! Or else you’re dead Kim Hyun Joong!”

Hyun Joong: “Just sign it.”

Hye Sun: “There. You sign it now.”

Hyun Joong: “Okay it’s official. Miss Ji Hye Sun as of today you will be Kim Hyun Joong’s girlfriend. Kim
Hyun Joong will be Ji Hye Sun’s boyfriend. The “relationship” will last 3 years. If the goal is not met within this time frame the “relationship” will be terminated."

*************************************************************************

Preview: (WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

"A trip?"

"Your reservations were for a honeymoon suite.”

“This can’t be! We’re locked in!”

“You’re sleeping right here next to me tonight. No more playing around.” Yawn. “Right here next to me.”