Rumors & So-Called Truths

Without Knowing I Fell In Love With You (Like A Fool I Don't Know Anything Else But Love)

Next Day….

MIN HO’S HOUSE

~knock knock knock~
Min Ho:  “Hyun Joong…wake up we have to leave for school soon.”

Min Ho opens the door and finds Hyun Joong’s bed still made as if no one had slept in it.

Min Ho doesn’t make much of it and figures he’ll see Hyun Joong at school so he proceeds to leave without him. Min Ho arrives at the spot the four of them would meet, but no one is there.

Min Ho’s Thoughts:
Where is everyone?

Hye Ri: “Hi handsome jerk.” Smiles.

Min Ho: “Jerk? Is that anyway to talk to your boyfriend?”

Hye Ri: “I said handsome.”

Min Ho: “You’re lucky you’re cute.

Hye Ri: Giggles. “Where’s Hyun Joong and Hye Sun?”

Min Ho: “When I woke up Hyun Joong was gone, but where is Hye Sun?”

Hye Ri: “Should we wait for her?”

Min Ho: “It’s almost time for class. We should go before we’re late. Maybe those two went to school early.”

Hye Ri: “Okay.”

The school day ends, but there is no sight of Hyun Joong or Hye Sun.

Hye Ri: “We still haven’t heard anything from them. I’m getting worried Min Ho.”

Min Ho: “You’re right this doesn’t seem like Hye Sun or Hyun Joong.”

Min Ho and Hye Ri return to Min Ho’s home but neither Hyun Joong or Hye Sun are there.

Hye Ri: “It’s Friday. Sunbae would never miss one of our lesson.”

Later that night…

Hye Ri: “Hyun Joong, you’re home. We were so worried about you.”

Min Ho: “Is Hye Sun with you?”

Hyun Joong continues to walk without saying a word.

Min Ho: “Hyun Joong! Where’s Hye Sun?”

Hyun Joong: “She’s fine.”

Min Ho: “Where have you been all this time?”

Hyun Joong: “It doesn’t concern you.”

Min Ho: “Hyun Joong! How can it not concern me? I’m your brother!”

Hye Ri: “We’re glad you’re both okay. Come on Min Ho. Let Sunbae rest.”

The next day Hyun Joong leaves for school without Min Ho or Hye Ri. Hye Sun doesn’t show up either.

Min Ho: “Where are they?”

Hye Ri: “Min Ho I don’t think they’re going to come. Has Sunbae said anything to you?”

Min Ho: Shakes his head. “No. He stayed in his room all night. Ashh! What is going on with those two? They disappear without saying a word and Hyun Joong comes back as if it’s nothing.”

While walking to school Min Ho and Hye Ri overhear a two girls talking.

Girl #1: “Do you know who I saw going into a hotel the other night?”

Girl #2: “Who?”

Girl #1: “None other than Kim Hyun Joong and Ji Hye Sun.”

Girl #2: “No way! Whoaa…I always thought there was something between those two.”

Girl #1: “I saw them enter the hotel together late at night and someone told me they saw them leave the next night.”

Girl #2: “The next night? They spend not only one night but two nights together?! I would have never guessed Kim Hyun Joong was like that? And with Ji Hye Sun?”

Girl #1: “Ashh I’m so jealous! Sunbae is so handsome! I bet he has a nice body too. I wouldn’t mind having my first time with him. Why did it have to be Ji Hye Sun? There’s plenty of prettier girls than her.”

Girl #2: “I’m really curious about something now. Do you think Ji Hye Sun has been with Lee Min Ho too?”

Girl #1: “I wouldn’t be surprised.”

Hye Ri becomes annoyed by the gossip and interferes.

Hye Ri: “HEY! What kind of lies are you spreading?! Why are you trying to destroy Kim Hyun Joong and Ji Hye Sun’s good names?

Girl # 1: “We’re not Unni. It’s the truth, I swear I saw them enter a hotel late at night and a classmate told me they saw them leave together the next day.”

Girl #2: “Please Unni. Don’t be mad we’re not telling lies.”

Hye Ri: “You expect me to believe that?!”

Min Ho becomes infuriated by the news. He tries to control his emotions by tightly clenching his fists, but Min Ho becomes overwhelmed by his emotions and walks off.

Hye Ri: “Wait! Min Ho! Where are you going?”

Min Ho becomes more and more angry by the minute. He hastily walks upstairs to Hyun Joong and Hye Sun’s class. He finds Hye Sun talking to Hyung Jun, but Hyun Joong is nowhere to be seen.

Min Ho: “Hye Sun!”

Hye Sun: “Min Ho?”

In all the years Hye Sun has known Min Ho he has never once so coldly yelled out her name.

Min Ho: “Tell me it’s not true! Tell me it’s not true!”

Hye Sun is shaken up by Min Ho’s attitude.

Min Ho: “Answer me!” Forcefully grabs onto Hye Sun’s shoulders.

Hye Sun: “I don’t know what you’re talking abou…You’re hurting me Min Ho.”

Min Ho: “Tell me it’s not ture!”

Hye Sun: “Stop it Oppa! Please…you’re hurting me.”

Hyung Jun: “Min Ho stop this you’re hurting Hye Sun.”

Before Hyung Jun can get Min Ho off Hye Sun Hyun Joong walks into the room.

Hyun Joong: “Let her go Lee Min Ho!”

Min Ho: “You! Give me an answer now!”

Hyun Joong: “I don’t know what answer you want, but it doesn’t give you the right to treat Hye Sun like that.”

Min Ho: “You really care how I treat Hye Sun don’t you?”

Hyun Joong: “Where are you going with all this?”

Min Ho: “You already answered my question with out even saying anything…I know…I know where you were last night and the night before that!”

Hye Ri: “Min Ho. Let’s go outside and talk.”

Min Ho: “There’s no need. Let’s go. We have nothing to do here.” Looks at Hye Sun. “Absolutely nothing.”

Hyung Jun: “Hye Sun are you okay? Do you need to go the nurse’s office?

Hye Sun: “I’m okay.”

Hyung Jun: “That jerk! How can he could he do that to you! I’m so sorry I couldn’t do anything.”

Hye Sun: “It’s okay Hyung Jun.”

Hyung Jun: “I would never hurt you Hye Sun.”

Hye Sun: “I know Hyung Jun. I know.”

Hyun Joong: “Lets go.”

Hyung Jun’s Thoughts:
I can’t even protect you Hye Sun. I’m really not worthy of loving you.

Hyun Joong takes Hye Sun by the hand and takes her outside.

Hye Sun: “Why is Min Ho acting this way? I was really scared. He’s never spoken to me like that and never even laid a hand on me.”

Hyun Joong: “I think it has to do with the other night…If he hurt you unknowingly or not, what would stop him then from hurting Hye Ri?”

Hye Sun: “But I still don’t understand why he acted that way? Why does he have to hate me?” Cries and buries herself in Hyun Joong’s chest.

As soon as Hye Ri and Min Ho enter their classroom all they can hear is their classmates talking about Hyun Joong and Hye Sun’s infamous night together.

Hye Ri: “Min Ho. We can’t draw to conclusions yet. You need to talk to Hyun Joong and Hye Sun. There’s no way these rumors are true. So don’t be angry with them, I know this must come to a shock to you. These rumors are upsetting and all but still…”

Min Ho: “How long have they been sneaking behind my back? Why were they so reckless with their feelings to just go to a hotel? Why couldn’t they tell me before? I was their Hyung and Oppa.”

As the days passed Min Ho and Hyun Joong ignore each other. Hyun Joong would purposely stay out all night to avoid seeing Min Ho. Meanwhile Hye Sun just pretended she didn’t hear the rumors about her and Hyun Joong. Hye Ri tried to approach Hyun Joong, but each time he would walk away. Min Ho also couldn’t bring himself to talk to Hye Sun. How could the innocent little girl he knew do something like that especially with his brother?

SCHOOL

Hye Ri: “Min Ho…This may not be the time to ask you this but I was hoping if you and I could..”

Min Ho: “You want to go to the school dance, am I right?”

Hye Ri: “Min Ho…I…I know this sounds selfish of me asking you this. I know the dance is the last thing on your mind right now.”

Min Ho: “Miss Jeon would you like to go to the dance with me?”

Hye Ri: “Min Ho. I would loved to, but if you’re not up to I understand.”

Min Ho: “I think this is just what we need.”

HYE SUN’S HOUSE

Hye Sun: “How long are we going to keep this up?”

Min Ho: “I won’t be the first one to apologize. Not after what Min Ho did.”

Hye Sun: “But he didn’t do anything to you he just was upset about the rumor. Min Ho didn’t mean to hurt me. I’ve put it in the past now. Can’t we just go talk to him and clear things now?”

Min Ho: “In the past? How could you forgive him so easily? He could have really hurt you if I wasn’t there.”

Hye Sun: “He wouldn’t have.”

Min Ho: “Are you really such a fool for Lee Min Ho that you’re willing to get hurt?”

Hye Sun: “It’s not like that. I don’t understand why you’re acting like this Hyun Joong. What happened to the gentle and warm hearted Hyun Joong I spend those nights with?  I thought you understand my feelings, that’s why you knew how to comfort me.”

**********************************FLASHBACK********************************************
Hyun Joong: “Please don’t cry anymore.” Caressing Hye Sun’s face.

Hye Sun: “I don’t know how to be by Min Ho’s side anymore.”

Hyun Joong: “You said to truly love someone is to put their happiness before yours. If Min Ho’s happiness is Hye Ri, then you have to stand these moments too.”

Hye Sun: “I don’t know if I can.”

Hyun Joong: “Then you can either fight for him or let him go…for good.”

Hye Sun: “I….I want to let him go…”

HOTEL

Hye Sun: “What are we doing here Hyun Joong?”

Hyun Joong: “Saying goodbye.”

Hye Sun: “Saying goodbye?”

Hyun Joong: “I’ll take Min Ho’s place for tonight.”

Hye Sun’s Thoughts:
For tonight? Is it he talking about…….doing it?…what else do people come to hotels for? Hyun Joong…I can’t sleep with you, not with you! NO!!!

Hyun Joong: “What do you think tonight means?” Smiles “It’s not what you think. Tonight there’ll be no Lee Min Ho, no Hye Ri, just you and me. Cry all you want I’ll hold you in my arms, talk all you want I’ll listen to you, yell and hit all you want I won’t complain. Just pretend I’m Lee Min Ho…and tell me everything you wanted to say all these years, so you won’t have to look back anymore and can move on.”

Hye Sun: “Oppa...”

Hyun Joong: “I don’t want to see you cry anymore. So I’m helping you let go of Min Ho.”

Hye Sun hugs Hyun Joong.

Hyun Joong’s Thoughts:
And I can’t bare to go home to face Min Ho. I feel if I see him I’ll end up telling him that Hye Ri belonged to me first, and I won’t let him have her….but how can I fight for her when she’s so in love with him? Hye Sun, if you cry, I’ll pretend you’re Hye Ri and hold you, If you pour your heart out I’ll comfort you as you were Hye Ri, if you hit and yell at me, I’ll pretend I deserve it for abandoning Hye Ri…. Tonight I also need comfort….we both are watching our first loves fall deeper in love with each other, and no matter how determined we are we can’t seem to fight for that love.
********************************END FLASHBACK*****************************************

Hyun Joong’s Thoughts:
Why am I such a coward, why can’t I fight for my love when I said I would? I need to se Hye Ri again.

NEXT DAY
Hyung Jun’s Thoughts:
Okay Jun there’s no reason why you can’t ask Hye Sun to go to the dance with you. There’s nothing wrong going to a dance with a friend. Isn’t that what we decided to be?

Girl: “I heard Lee Min Ho and Jeon Hye Ri are going to the dance tonight.”

Girl: “Really? Oh My God! I want to see Lee Min Ho in a tux! He’ll look so dreamy.”

Hyun Joong: “Hye Sun!” Waves hand.

Hye Sun: “Hi Hyun Joong.”

Hyun Joong: “I’m sorry for the way I acted yesterday. You were right I shouldn’t be so childish and should work things out with Min Ho.”

Hye Sun: Smiling. “Good. Let’s go talk to him now.”

Hyun Joong: “Okay, but first you have to promise me you’ll agree with whatever I say today for the whole day.”

Hye Sun: “I Promise. If that’s what you want Hyun Joong. I will for the sake of harmony between the four of us.”

Hyun Joong: “Meet me tonight at the dance.”

Hye Sun: “Dance? Yeah. Since we both don’t have dates, I thought it would be fun for us to go together.”

Hye Sun: “But you don’t like to dance.”

Hyun Joong: “It’s our last year here, I thought we should leave school with some memories.”

Hye Sun: “I would love to go with you Hyun Joong.”

Hyun Joong: “I want to talk to Min Ho alone first. I don’t want him to get the wrong impression. I’ll clear everything up. So can you please give me that?”

Hye Sun: Nods. “Okay I trust you.”