Are you free?

The place where I belong

 

Hyunae:

The sharp sunlight forces me to open my eyes. I sit up and look around, rubbing my eyes. This room is unfamiliar, but it still feels familiar. As I wake up a bit more, I remember where I am. This is Kevin’s room. I quickly look down and check my clothes, to see I’m wearing my own clothes. I rememeber how shocked I was when I first woke up here after having fainted from the cold. After being outside for so long and crying, I fainted. I still can’t believe Kevin saw me like that, I’m so embarrassed. There’s a lot of noise outside so I figure it’s time to get up. I push the blanket away from me and get up. I scare when I look in the mirror. My hair looks horrible! There’s a soft knock on the door quickly followed by the door opening.

“Hyunae, it’s time to wake … oh, you’re up” Kevin says. I look at him with shocked eyes before I cover my head with my hands and turn away.

“Don’t look!” I yell. He softly comes closer anyway.

“Why? What’s wrong?” he asks a bit worried.

“D..don’t you see, my hair is a complete mess!” I say. He’s standing next to me now. I really don’t want him to see me like this, I don’t know why, but I just don’t like it. He softly takes my wrist and pulls my hand away from my hair. I look up at him with a half angry, half pouting face.

“It’s not that bad” he says: “it’s kind of cute.”

This last remark makes me blush. Now I really want to pull away and hide, but he’s still holding my wrist.

“Let me fix it” he says and he runs his hand through my hair. He let’s go of my wrist and uses his both hands for my hair. It feels kind of good, his hands playing with my hair.

“There, you look perfect” he says beaming. I can’t keep the angry face up and smile.

“That’s better!” he says and returns my smile with his.

“Come, breakfast is ready” he says. I follow him to the living room. When we enter, everyone greets me. Chohee comes bouncing my way and hugs me.

“Our sleepy head decided to join us too” she says teasingly.

“Look who’s talking. You got up only a few minutes ago” AJ says. Chohee pulls away and pouts.

“You didn’t have to tell her that, you tell-tale!” she says. Everyone laughs. Chohee pulls me towards the table and we all sit down.

“Are you girls free on new year’s eve?” Eli suddenly asks.

“I’m free!” Chohee says beaming.

“What about you, Hyunae?” Kiseop asks: “If you’re free, we can celebrate new year’s together.”

I look at all of them. I would love to celebrate with them, more than anything, but it makes me feel bad.

“Did you already plan something?” Kevin asks when he sees my worried face.

“You were going to spend it with ajeossi and ajumma, weren’t you?” Chohee asks. I nod. Everyone looks kind of disappointed, it doesn’t help me with my growing guilt. I’ve been here for almost a month and a half. Ajeossi and ajumma took good care of me, it’s only normal I celebrate this kind of events with them.

“But, why don’t we celebrate it all together?” Dongho suddenly says. Everybody looks surprised at the maknae.

“But it’s not fair dragging them out of their house because of our selfishness” Eli says.

“Then why don’t we go to them?” Kiseop asks.

“Asking them to prepare for what, 11 people? Isn’t that too much?” Soohyun asks worried.

“Then, why don’t we bring stuff too? We can take some things to eat and drink, we can also prepare stuff” Hoon says.

“And why don’t we surprise them? Hyunae said that ajumma liked us, wouldn’t it be a nice surprise?” Dongho asks enthusiastic.

“That’s right! Didn’t she like you, Hoon?” AJ asks.

“Neh, Hyunae, can you just tell them that some of your and Chohee’s friends are coming over?” Soohyun suddenly asks me. I laugh. It seems they already settled everything on their own. What reason to decline do I have? I smile and nod.

“I’ll tell them that” I say and everyone smiles in relieve. I look at Kevin, he looks at me beaming.

“It seems like we’ll be spending new year’s together” he says, offering me his sweet smile. Only now I start to realize what’s going to happen. I’m going to spend new year’s eve with the people I’ve looked up to for a long time. I’m so happy. We eat the rest of our breakfast. After that, Chohee and I decide to leave. We have been in these clothes since yesterday and we really need a shower. Even though I want to stay really badly, I have to go. The boys have the rest of the year free. That means today and tomorrow.

The boys show us to the door.

“See you two tomorrow, I guess” Soohyun says smiling. We bow to them and thank them for taking such good care of us.

“That’s only normal, you’re our friends” Kiseop says.

“And some of us want to be more than friends” Dongho mumbles, quickly after that being poked by AJ.

“See you tomorrow, Hyunae” Kevin says while coming close to me and hugging me. I shyly return his hug and smile.

“Bye guys!” Chohee and I say and we close the door behind us.

 

 

End note: Hi ^w^ sorry that this is just a small chapter. I didn't have much time nor inspiration today, but I did upload  three chaps yesterday, so, i guess you can forgive me :3

Enjoy ^w^