CH 3

A Promise to Love You

"OPPA CHUKKAE!" Soojin ran towards Sungyeol and gave him a big hug. 

Today was Sungyeol's graduation day. The program was finished with Sungyeol giving his closing speech as a representative from his class. Now, they are outside where the most people take pictures with the graduates.

"The speech was daebak." Soojin said and raised her thumb. 

"Gomawo Soojin-ah." Sungyeol said and gave a Soojin a kiss.

"Oppa!" Soojin exclaimed. 

"What? It's my graduation day. I can do whatever I want." Sungyeol jerked out his tongue.

"Eomma, let me take a picture of you and Sungyeol oppa." Soojin grabbed the camera. 

Sungyeol put an arm around his mom and smiled. 

"1..2..3..Cheese." Soojin counted and took a picture. "It turned out really nice. Eomma you look so beautiful." She exclaimed.

"Ah.. Soojin-ah.." Sungyeol's mom exclaimed shyly. "Give me the camera and I'll take a picture of you both."  

Soojin stands beside Sungyeol and smiled. 

"Ah, it turned good too." Sungyeol's mom exclaimed. "One more picture because you two looked so handsome and pretty."

Soojin did the same pose. But at the count of three, she turned her head and gave Sungyeol a kiss on the cheek.

Sungyeol turned red and looked at Soojin. "What?" Soojin exclaimed and jerked out her tongue. "It's your graduation day."

"Eomma, one more!" Sungyeol said. This time, he planned to kiss Soojin. 

"1...2...3.." Sungyeol's mom counted. At the count of three, Sungyeol gave Soojin a kiss on the cheek. "Now we are equal." He said.

"Eomma, let's take a picture of us three." Soojin said and searched for someone who could take their picture. At the same time, Sungyeol saw his friend passing by. 

"Kibum-ah, could you take a picture?" He called him. Kibum nodded and took the camera from Sungyeol. Sungyeol stands in the middle while Soojin and his mom stands beside him. "The two women that I loved most in the world." He said to himself and smiled.

"Alright, I'll take the picture now. 1...2...3... Smile!"  Kibum said.

The three of them gave their best smile.

---

"No news yet?" Soojin approached Sungyeol who's sitting in front of the telephone. Sungyeol shook his head. 

"Don't worry. They'll accept you." Soojin assured him and winked. 

Sungyeol has applied to Seoul National University. If he's accepted, he'll depart to Seoul in a few days and he and Soojin has to have a long distance relationship. 

"Soojin-ah.." Sungyeol said slowly.

"Ne? What is it oppa?" Soojin asked and sat beside Sungyeol.

"Let's get married after you graduate next year."

"Ne...?" Soojin can't believe what she just heard. "I'll think about it again oppa." 

"But you'll marry me right?" Sungyeol asked.

"Don't worry. I have no other man." Soojin said and nuged Sungyeol's shoulder.

"Kids, dinner is ready!" Sungyeol's mom called from the kitchen.

"Ne eomma!" Soojin answered and offered her hand to help Sungyeol up. "Don't worry too much about it." She patted Sungyeol's shoulder.

"Thank you Soojin-ah." Sungyeol said and smiled.

"Thank you for what?" Soojin asked.

"For being mine." Sungyeol said and kissed Soojin's forehead.

---

"Waah! It's kimchi stew!" Sungyeol said excitedly as he opened the pot. 

"It's your graduation dinner. Eat up." His mom told him and ruffled his hair. 

Soojin was bringing plates from the kitchen and gave it to Sungyeol and his mom. "You too, Soojin-ah, eat up." Sungyeol's mom said to Soojin.

"Ah, ne kamsahamnida eomma." Soojin sat and grabbed her chopstick. 

"Soojin-ah, you have to learn to cook this from eomma." Sungyeol exclaimed. "Because if we are going to get married it's you that will cook this for me everyday." 

"Ah.." Soojin smiled shyly. 

"I'm going hiking with my friends tomorrow. It's a one night two days trip." Sungyeol spoke up. "It's our last gathering."

"Is it really alright? I've heard of news where people gets accident from hiking nowadays. It is also caused by the bad weather." His mom told him.

"It's okay. Dongmin already checked on the weather and he said tomorrow's weather is fine." Sungyeol answered.

"Soojin-ah, are you alright?" He asked Soojin who's eating her food quietly. 

"Ne..I'm alright." Soojin answered quietly.

After dinner, Soojin and Sungyeol cleaned up and Sungyeol headed to the storage room to search for the backpack he's going to use tomorrow. Soojin headed straight to her room.

 

SOOJIN'S POV:

I feel something bad. 

Something bad is going to happen to Sungyeol oppa if he goes hiking to tomorrow. I need to tell him.

But seeing his face made me think twice about telling him. He looks so happy because he is going to meet his friends for the last time. 

Stopping someone to find their happiness is not a good thing right?

I closed my eyes and thinked about it. I can't let Sungyeol go. I can't.

I walked slowly towards his room and knocked. As I entered, I saw him packing with a happy face. 

"Soojin-ah!" He exclaimed brightly. "Help me pack pleaseeee." 

I laughed at him trying to pack with all the messy clothes and toiletries lying around.

"Come on, I'll help you pack." I grabbed the bag from him and neatly arranged his clothes. "Oppa, is this all of the clothes." I asked. He nodded.

"Did you brought a first aid kit? Flashlight? Tissues? Pocket knife?"  I asked him. He shook his head.

"Oppa! It's the most important thing to bring when hiking!" I scolded him and tried to look for the things needed. 

"Yah, jinja, this is my wife who's really good at packing. I don't need to worry later when I need to go on business trips." Sungyeol said and clicked his tongue. 

I zipped his bag and sighed. "I'm done." 

"Gomawo." Sungyeol said and kissed my forehead. 

"Oppa, I need to tell you something." I decided to say it to him.

"Please don't go." I rushed over to him and hugged him tightly. 

 

SUNGYEOL'S POV:

Something is weird with Soojin today. 

She doesn't want me to go hiking tomorrow. I understand that she's maybe worried about me, but can't she understands me? It's my last gathering with my friends and it's just a one night two days trip. It's not that I'll be going forever!

"Please don't go." She said as she hugged him tightly. Tears were in the corner of her eyes. 

"Soojin-ah, oppa will be alright." I ruffled her hair and wiped her tears. "It's just one night and two days." 

"Oppa..I felt that something might happen to you there.." She said quietly.

Something might happen to me? 

"Anio..nothing gets by past Lee Sungyeol." I joked and she laughed a little. I loved to see that smile. 

"Or is it just an excuse because you're going to REALLY REALLY miss me?" I . 

She looked at me and said, "Oppa, be careful okay. I'm going to really miss you." 

"Of course, I have two beautiful girls at home to take care of. Don't worry." I said. "And if something's ever gonna happen to me, you know that I'll always love you right?" I said and tucked a hair behind her ear. 

---

"Did you pack everything you need?" Sungyeol's mother asked him.

"Ne eomma, Soojin helped me pack last night." Sungyeol answered. He is now preparing himself and waiting for Junsu's car to pick him up. "Where is Soojin?" He asked.

"She already woke up. But she went back to her room. She doesn't seem happy about this idea of hiking. She's just worried about you." His mom answered. "Actually, eomma is worried too. But since this is the last time you'll see your friends, eomma has to allow you." 

Just in time, Soojin went out from her room. She saw Sungyeol ready with his bag and shoes. "Soojin-ah, aren't you going to say goodbye to your oppa?" Sungyeol asked her.

Soojin walked towards Sungyeol and bid him goodbye. "Don't forget to eat and be careful oppa."

Sungyeol gave her a kiss in her forehead. "It'll be alright. You'll see your oppa soon."

"That must be Junsu's car." He said when he heard a car honked. "I'll be going now." He said and kissed his mother and Soojin. "Take care you guys." He said as he entered the car.

Soojin keeps assuring herself that Lee Sungyeol will be alright. And with a heavy heart, she forced a smile and waved to Sungyeol who was waving to her excitedly from the car.

"He'll be alright." She said to herself and entered the house.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter three! 

THANK YOU FOR ALL COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBERS!

Please keep supporting this story!~ ^0^