CH 1

A Promise to Love You

Lee Sungyeol still clearly remembers that day. Back then, he was still a very young child. He remembers that day when his Eomma told him to sleep early but instead he snuck out of bed to get some milk. He clearly remembers the lady's voice talking to his mom which prevented him to get the milk from the kitchen. Instead, he snuck out behind the wall and tried to listen what they are talking about.

Sungyeol couldn't understand what they are saying. He just understands the words "Baby", "Give", and "Away". Then, realized that it wasn't just the two of them talking. There was a small baby on the lady's arms. The baby gave her large cry when the lady tried to gave her to Sungyeol's mom. That was the last thing Sungyeol saw before dashing back to his bedroom.

The next morning, he saw the baby on his mom's arms. 

"Sungyeol-ah this is Soojin." His mom smiled and caressed the baby's soft hair.

Soojin was going to live temporarily at Sungyeol's house because her mom was away. But day after day, Soojin's mom never came back. Sungyeol was already tired of Soojin crying every night and his duty of cleaning Soojin's mess. He also felt sorry for his mom who now has to to work harder because there is Soojin.

Lee Sungyeol made a promise to himself that he'll always hate Soojin.

 

5 Years Later

"YAH LEE SUNGYEOL! GIVE IT BACK! IT'S MINE!" A girl with a messy ponytail chased a boy who's running away with a drawing book on his hand. Sungyeol and Soojin are both in elementary school now. Sungyeol is a 6th grader, and Soojin is now a 5th grader. 

"I WON'T!" Sungyeol shouted and jerked out his tongue. "You should call me oppa since I'm older than you!"

"NO!" I'll never do it!" Soojin shouted back.

"Fine, then you'll never see this book again!" Sungyeol said and smiled proudly.

Over the past few years, Sungyeol and Soojin has gotten closer even though they like to tease each other. The feeling of hate that lingers in Sungyeol's heart in the past has gone. He now accepts Soojin as his sister.

"AISH!" Soojin roughly scratched her head. "Then what should I do YOUR MAJESTY?"

"You'll have to beg." Sungyeol said and winked. "Say something like..."Sungyeol oppa, can you return that book PWEASSEEEE."

"Aish! You think that I'll do such a thing?" Soojin said.

Sungyeol didn't answer and waved the drawing book in front of Soojin.

"FINE! I'LL DO IT!" 

"Sungyeol Op-...ani..Sungyeol Op..ani..Sungyeol Op-pa, c-can you r-return me that drawing b-book..P-PL-PLEASE...S-sungyeol O-ppa." Soojin said while closing her eyes. She cannot imagine herself saying this and she doesn't want to see Sungyeol's reaction. 

Sungyeol laughs and throws that book to Soojin. Soojin awkwardly catches it. She can't imagine what she has just said.

"You know what? You should do that often." Sungyeol said.

"Why?!"

"Because you look cute." Sungyeol said and left, leaving Soojin confused about her heart that suddenly beats really fast.

 

SOOJIN'S POV:

Sungyeol thinks I'm cute.

He thinks I'm cute.

But why is my heart suddenly beating really fast? Is it because of too much running? I looked at the picture of me and Sungyeol. Even looking at it now becomes very awkward. But why is he always taking my things? Is it because he's looking for attention?

Then I suddenly remembers what our homeroom teacher told us. She told us that if our heart beats really fast when we see a boy, that is one sign that shows we like the boy. Also, if the boy keeps finding way to attract our attention to him, that means he really likes that girl. Aish, this is so confusing. So that means Lee Sungyeol likes me and I like him too? 

This is going to get more awkward.

 

SUNGYEOL'S POV

Aish, Lee Sungyeol, what are you doing? Why did you already said that to her? Now what is she going to think of you?

I blamed myself for saying those stupid things to Soojin. Over the past few days, I get these weird feelings when I see Soojin. Sometimes, my heart beats really fast or there are butterflies on my stomach. 

Today, we bumped into each other again and I accidentally spilled Soojin's milk. The weird thing is, Soojin didn't get mad at me and walks away quickly instead. At that time, my heart also beats really fast.

Is it what I think it is?

That I have already fallen in love with Soojin?

 

---

Months and years passed by. Sungyeol and Soojin has graduated from elementary school and now Sungyeol is in his 3rd year of Middle School and Soojin is in her 2ndyear of Middle School. Since they are getting older, Sungyeol and Soojin are able to explore more of their feelings of each other. The two felt that they've had developed feeling for each other but are afraid to tell each other. Soojin too has changed, she is isn't as tomboy as before and considers more girly clothing. Her long, black hair that is usually tied in a ponytail, now is let loose. Sungyeol couldn't deny his feelings that he liked Soojin and planned to confess to her soon. Since they are living in the same house, they always act awkward with each other.

Sungyeol knew that the only chance that he could meet Soojin is at home since Soojin is a class president and always stays to school until late.

"Soojin-ah, I have something to tell you." Sungyeol told Soojin who just got back from the kitchen with a glass of water.

"What is it Sungyeol oppa?"

"Let's go to the backyard." Sungyeol said and coughed awkwardly.

The two of them sat and saw the beautiful stars in the sky. Sungyeol cannot hide his awkwardness and his beating heart. He decided to say his feelings to Soojin that night.

"Soojin-ah.." He muttered.

"What is it oppa?"

"Ah..it's nothing." Sungyeol closed his eyes. He felt he wasn't ready yet.

Sungyeol closed his eyes for a second before he's going to really confess his feelings to Soojin.

"Soojin-ah.." He muttered again.

"Ne" 

"I-I-l-like you. W-will you be my g-girlfriend?" He realized how hard is it to say it. Suddenly, he remembered how Soojin was stuttering when she first call him oppa.

Soojin lowered her head. Deep inside, she couldn't believe what she just heard. He heart keeps beating really fast.

Sungyeol just confessed to her. She's been waiting for this moment since she realized that she liked Sungyeol.

Soojin felt relieved that she don't have to hide her feelings anymore. Soojin slowly raises her head and smiled at Sungyeol.

"I-I like you too oppa." 

Sungyeol couldn't believe what Soojin has said. He can't believe that Soojin really liked him too. He did a fist pump in the air to show how happy he was before hugging Soojin tightly. "From now on, we are a couple." He said and smiled.

Behind the door, Sungyeol's mom watched the two kids and smiled.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

YAY! First chapter's up! 

I knew that it has been a long time that I created this story and just updated it today OTL hehe~

Anyways please enjoy this chapter and I'm waiting for your comments~ haha :p

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUBSCRIBERS!