CH 2

A Promise to Love You

3 Years Later

"YAH! LEE SUNGYEOL! WAIT FOR ME!" Soojin said as she hurried through the door with a comb in her hand and a bread in .

"Yah, even though I'm your boyfriend you think I'll still wait for you even if we are late for school?" Sungyeol, who's already on the bike jerked out his tongue and checked his watch. 

"Aish, I shouldn't have accepted your confession back then." Soojin teased Sungyeol back and jerked out her tongue. "Wait, I'll still need to comb my hair." 

"You don't need to comb your hair. Going to school like that is fine."

"Yah, are you crazy? How can I go to school with a messy hair?"

"It's okay. So no one will be attracted to my girlfriend." Sungyeol said and winked.

"O-okay. I'm done." Soojin awkardly said and swallowed the bread quickly.

"Did you chew the bread well?" Sungyeol asked.

"Huh?"

"Nothing. Let's go." Sungyeol awkwardly said. 

Soojin hopped into the backseat of the bike and clutched into Sungyeol tightly. "Oppa, if you go really fast like last time I'll really kill you!"

"Can you?" Sungyeol joked and pedaled really fast as they go down the hill.

"AHH OPPA! JINJA, THIS TIME I'LL REALLY KILL YOU!"

---

The bell rang as students quickly scattered to find their classrooms. Soojin and Sungyeol are now in high school. Sungyeol is now a senior and Soojin is in her 2nd grade of high school.

"Bye oppa! Fighting!" Soojin said to Sungyeol who's about to enter his classroom. 

"Fighting!" Sungyeol smiled and went inside. 

The bell rang for lunch break and the students immediately disperse out from their classroom. Soojin was still inside, debating with herself whether she should give the lunchbox she made this morning to Sungyeol. The lunch box that almost made her late too. 

"Soojin-ah, aren't you eating?" Minri, her seatmate asked. 

"Ah..I'm alright..you can go first." 

Minri noticed the pink lunchbox at Soojin's drawer. "You brought a lunch box? C'mon let's go eat together." 

"Ah..ani..this isn't for me..." Soojin said awkwardly.

"Ah! It's for Sungyeol oppa?" Minri said brightly. "How nice of you to always see each other..." Minri said and pouted. "My parents doesn't even allow me to see Cheolyong oppa...anyways, I'll go first okay? Good luck!" 

"Ne..thank you Minri-ah!" Soojin said and smiled.

---

Soojin slowly walked towards Sungyeol's classroom. She held the lunchbox tightly as she tried to peek inside to see if Sungyeol is still there or not. "I hope he hasn't taken lunch yet." Soojin said to herself as she continued searching for Sungyeol.

Then, her heart stops when she saw Sungyeol sitting on his desk as he was writing on his notebook. A part of her was worried because without her coming, there's no one to remind Sungyeol to take his lunch. Another part of her was relieved because Sungyeol can eat her lunchbox. 

Soojin slowly knocked on the door and attracted Sungyeol's attention. Sungyeol was surprised to see Soojin on the door. 

"Soojin-ah, have you eaten lunch?" 

"I'm fine oppa, I want to give you this." Soojin said and placed the lunchbox on Sungyeol's table.

"Lunchbox? Ah, the timing is perfect! I'm really hungry, let's go sit under the tree and eat this!" Sungyeol said brightly and grabbed Soojin's hand. 

"Oppa, you musn't forget to eat lunch okay? Even though you're busy studying for the year end exam and college entrance exam, you musn't neglect your health okay?" Sungyeol and Soojin are now sitting under the tree at the back of the school.

"Ne, ne. You are even more pushy than eomma." Sungyeol said and continued eating his food. "This is good." He muttered and continued eating. "Don't tell me you're almost late because of making this lunchbox."

Soojin nodded shyly. "I'm doing it because you always forget to eat your lunch!" 

"Aish this girl.." Sungyeol ruffled Soojin's hair. "I'm a lucky guy." He said and gave a quick peck on Soojin's cheek.

"Oppa! What are you doing! Someone might see it!"

"Then let them see." Sungyeol said and smiled.

---

The bell for dismissal rang. The students grabbed their bags and headed straight home. Soojin walked towards Sungyeol's classroom to bid him goodbye because he was going to stay for extra class. She was trying to caught Sungyeol's attention to see her. Luckily, Sungyeol was aware and saw her.

"Fighting!" Soojin said through the window.

"Fighting!" Sungyeol said and gestured the fighting action.

"YAH LEE SUNGYEOL WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" The teacher suddenly spoke up.

"Ah..nothing..I'm just stretching." Sungyeol said awkwardly and gestured Soojin to disappear from the window.

Soojin reached home and helped Sungyeol's mom to clean the house. As she was wiping the picture frames, Sungyeol's mom approached her.

"Soojin-ah.."

"Ne eomma?"

"I can't wait to have you as my daughter-in-law."

"Ah.." Soojin started acting awkwardly. 

"Promise eomma okay? That you'll marry Sungyeol. Eomma knows that you are the one that could only take care of him." Sungyeol's mom said. "Even though if eomma won't make it until you are married, promise eomma that you'll only marry Sungyeol."

"Eomma.." Soojin started to tear up. "Eomma..you'll make it..you will see us marry and you will even see your grandchildrens..eomma, don't say careless things like that.."

"Soojin-ah..you're just like my daughter now. Thank you Soojin ah, I finally found someone who can take care of Sungyeol."

---

"Where is Soojin?" Sungyeol asked when he reached home. 

"Eomma asked her to go shopping at the supermarket. You go eat your dinner." His mom answered from the kitchen.

"How about Soojin? Have she eaten?" Sungyeol asked.

"Yes. She ate with eomma. Eat your food before it gets cold." 

 

"Eomma, why did you always tell Soojin to go out when I gets home. I miss her so much." Sungyeol said and pouted.

"Aish, this kid, you two are living in the same house. You see each other everytime." His mother lectured him.

"Ani..that's not it eomma!" Sungyeol said. "I'm done. I'll go wash the dishes and take a shower."

Sungyeol hated it. He hates how he don't get to see Soojin everytime he went home. He hates how he have to let Soojin go home alone. There are tons of things that could happen to her on the way home. He just missed her so much. He wants so see her. He wants to see her smile. He wants to see her beautiful eyes, he wants to see everything about Choi Soojin. 

Sungyeol finished his shower quickly, hoping to see Soojin when he gets out from the bathroom. 

"Eomma is Soojin there?" Sungyeol asked.

"Ani, she hadn't come back yet." His mom answered.

Disappointed. Sungyeol gets back to his room and decided to continue studying.

Soojin hurried through the gate and opened the window. "I'm back!" She shouted.

"Ah, Soojin-ah, you're here. Sungyeol is looking for you like a crazy person." Sungyeol's mom informed her.

"Jinja? Wait eomma, I'll bring him some snacks and this." Soojin raised box.

"What's that?"

"Eomma, it's an energy drink for students who are studying for the exams. If they drink this, they'll be fresh again." Soojin said and grinned. "Since Sungyeol oppa always studies, I figure out he needs this."

Soojin slowly knocked into the door and walked slowly towards Sungyeol who was wearing an earphone and is sitting against the door. 

As she reached Sungyeol, she closed his eyes. "Oppa you're studying hard."

"Soojin-ah!" Sungyeol turned around and looked at Soojin. "You don't know how much I missed you!" 

"Lies." Soojin joked and jerked out her toungue. "Oppa, drink this. I saw this in the supermarket. It's really popular with the students." Soojin gave him the cup with energy drink

"Jinja? Oppa will try it then." Sungyeol grabbed the cup and drank it in one shot. "Mmm..I think it's working. I feel so much stronger now."

"Really? Or you're just being too much?" Soojin said and laughed. "Alright, continue your study oppa, I'll go now. Fighting!"

"Wait." Sungyeol grabbed Soojin's hand and gave her a quick peck on the lips. "Gomawo." He said and went back to his chair with a red face.

Soojin was surprised and didn't know what to do. "Oppa..today, eomma asked me to promise something."

"Promise what?" Sungyeol asked.

"That I will marry you." 

Sungyeol turned more red. "Of course we'll get married pabo. I will only marry you." 

"Ah..then can you promise me something?" Soojin asked.

"What?"

"That you'll always love me." Soojin said with a red face.

"It's a promise." Sungyeol smiled and raised his pinky. "You'll always have to love me too,right?" 

"It's a promise." Soojin smiled and interlocked her pinky with Sungyeol's.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yay chapter two! 

Please keep supporting this story! ^0^