Vanilla, Cologne and That Special Something

Starving For Your Love

A/N Yay ^^ I got two updates today ^o^

~~~

 

Youngwoon yawned as the sun hit his eyes. He slowly opened them and furrowed his eyebrows when he realised something warm was wrapped around him. He looked down to see a white jacket hung loosely around his shoulders.

Whose jumper was that? And why would they give it to me?

Youngwoon put his arms through the sleeves and put the hood over his head.

The jacket smelt like heaven. Vanilla, strong cologne and something else he couldn’t quite put his finger on attacked his nostrils.

Youngwoon took another slice of bread from the loaf and stuffed it into his mouth before shoving his hands into his pockets. His hand brushed up against something.

“What is this?” he asked himself as he pulled it out.

He gasped as he pulled out 5000 won from his pocket. This was enough money to afford a proper meal and he hadn’t had a proper meal in years!

Youngwoon thanked whoever gave him the money and ran to the nearest restaurant.

Youngwoon entered and stopped. There was a man dressed in a suit standing in front of him.

“I’d like a table for one please” Youngwoon said.

The man laughed and looked Youngwoon up and down.

“I’m sorry sir but we do have standards here. There’s a dress code” the man said in a mocking tone.

Youngwoon sighed and looked down at his bare feet.

“Fine, I didn’t want to waste my money here anyway” Youngwoon said before turning to leave.

“What money?” A man sitting at one of the tables shouted.

The whole restaurant erupted in laughter.

Youngwoon ignored it and left.

He stared down at the money in his hands.

Maybe he wasn’t cut out to have money... Maybe he shouldn’t buy anything with this money, maybe he should just go to the store and pay for all the things he’s stolen over the years?

Youngwoon decided that was the best idea after all. So he headed over to his favourite store.

~~~

Jungsoo couldn’t stop thinking about the homeless man. He wondered if he found the money or if the jacket kept him warm enough. Why did his thoughts always lead to that man?

The bell rang, signalling someone had entered the store. It was him.

Jungsoo’s breath caught in his throat. What was he doing here of all places?

The homeless man looked slightly nervous as he approached the counter.

“Umm...hi” he spoke.

Jungsoo noticed that his voice was worn out but he could tell it was gentle.

“Hello, do you need anything?” Jungsoo asked with a smile, his dimple appearing beside his mouth.

The man shifted uncomfortably and pulled the 5000 won from his pocket.

“Listen, I have no money and live on the streets and this morning I woke up with this” he started.

Jungsoo nodded, signalling for him to continue.

“I had no food to eat so... I stole from your store several times so I want t repay you” he said, placing the money in front of Jungsoo.

“I know” Jungsoo said simply.

“You...what?” he asked, caught off guard.

“I caught you stealing bread yesterday morning and I don’t want my money back” Jungsoo said, pushing the 5000 won back towards the other man.

“Your...money?” he asked.

“Yeah, I came across you last night. You looked freezing so I gave you my jacket and slipped in some money. I’m sorry if it makes you uncomfortable” Jungsoo said.

“What? No, I’m so thankful! Thank you so much” he said, leaning over the counter and wrapping Jungsoo in a hug.

Youngwoon smiled to himself when he caught a smell of Jungsoo. Vanilla shampoo, strong cologne and that special something else. The same smell he couldn’t get enough of earlier.

“Umm... Are you gonna let go or...” Jungsoo said, blushing madly.

“Oh right! Umm...sorry” Youngwoon said, letting go of the other man.

“It’s alright. Now take the money and go over to that store across the road” Jungsoo said with a smile.

The man took the money and frowned.

“Can’t I shop here? Why do I have to go there?” he asked.

Jungsoo sighed “Everyone goes there and they have more stuff. I can’t compete with them”

“But I don’t wanna go there. There’s plenty of stuff right here” the man said, going through the aisles and grabbing random items off the shelf.

“I’m Youngwoon by the way” he said.

“I’m Jungsoo” Jungsoo said.

“You know, you’re the first person I’ve had a decent conversation with in at least three years” Youngwoon admitted.

“I feel privileged then” Jungsoo responded with a smile.

“I think I’ll take these for today” Youngwoon said, satisfied with the amount of food he had gathered.

“Okay, just bring it over here and I’ll tell you how much it all comes to” Jungsoo said.

Youngwoon did as Jungsoo said and watched as the other man put the items through the machine.

“It’s been so long since I’ve actually been to a store like this” Youngwoon said.

“Oh really? If you don’t mind me asking how long have you been without a home?” Jungsoo asked, tilting his head curiously.

“No, It’s okay for you to ask. It’s been a couple of years” Youngwoon replied.

“That’s a long time. It must be hard” Jungsoo said, looking into Youngwoon’s eyes.

“It is but I’m used to it” Youngwoon said, shrugging his shoulders.

“Youngwoon-ssi...nobody deserves to live like that” Jungsoo said softly.

Youngwoon looked up at Jungsoo “Thank you”

Jungsoo put the food Youngwoon had just purchased into a bag “You’re welcome”

Youngwoon took the bag and turned around to leave.

Jungsoo bit his lip to stop himself from saying something but he couldn’t help it.

“Please don’t leave” Jungsoo pleaded.

Youngwoon turned around “What?”

“Can’t you stay a little longer?” Jungsoo asked desperately.

“Are you sure I’m not getting in your way by being here?” Youngwoon asked.

“Of course not. I’ve got no customers at the moment” Jungsoo said, blushing slightly.

Wow, what was wrong with him today?

“I don’t understand why you have no customers. This place is great and you’re so friendly. If I could I would come here every day to do my shopping” Youngwoon said, brushing his hand against the shelves.

Jungsoo’s eyes widened slightly and watched the way Youngwoon spoke of his store.

“Would  you want to work here? Y-You could even live in the back room if you wanted” Jungsoo asked without giving it a second thought.

Youngwoon didn’t know what to say.

“I-I...yes, I’d love to”

~~~

A/N I hope you liked it ^^ Next I’ll finish off my Kyumin chapter :)