I Don't Remember

Starving For Your Love

Jongwoon stared at the wall as he lay on the hard mattress of the hospital bed. His leg had a terrible itch but since it was in a cast he could no longer scratch it.

Kim Jongwoon had been victim of a horrifying car crash which had left him with a broken leg, a bent spine and memory loss. That’s what the doctor had told him anyway.

He couldn’t remember anything about his life before the accident and the doctors didn’t seem to have any background information on him which they found quite strange.

“Jongwoon-ssi?” his doctor said quietly, trying not to disturb his patient.

Jongwoon turned his head to the side with a questioning gaze.

“I’d like you to meet someone” the doctor said, stepping to the side and revealing a young man.

Jongwoon looked him over. Was he supposed to know this person? Because this man’s face wasn’t familiar at all. It was an adorable, perfectly sculpted face but Jongwoon couldn’t recognise it at all.

“Don’t look so frightened Jongwoon-ssi” the doctor chuckled “This is Kim Ryeowook-ssi, he’s a doctor who specialises in cases like yours”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Jongwoon-ssi” Ryeowook said in a friendly voice.

“I-It’s a pleasure to meet you too” Jongwoon said back.

“Your first session will begin shortly so I’ll leave you two alone” the doctor said, leaving the room.

Ryeowook smiled and clasped his hands together “Shall we get started then?”

Jongwoon nodded excitedly.

Ryeowook took a seat next to Jongwoon’s bed and took out his notebook and pen.

“So first of all, do you remember anything before waking up at all?” Ryeowook asked.

Jongwoon nodded his head and grinned.

“What do you remember Jongwoon-ssi?” Ryeowook asked.

Jongwoon’s face instantly changed. It became darker.

“Why do you want to know?” he asked.

“I want to help you remember Jongwoon-ssi, that’s all” Ryeowook asked, confused by the sudden change in his patient.

Jongwoon scoffed “I don’t want to remember”

“B-But just a second ago..” Ryeowook started before Jongwoon cut him off.

“Shut up” Jongwoon said, looking away from Ryeowook.

Ryeowook could feel himself break a little inside and he tried hard not to cry.

Jongwoon must have noticed and his eyes softened.

“Are you okay Ryeowook-ssi? You seem a little upset” Jongwoon asked.

“N-No, I’m fine” Ryeowook said “But you still haven’t answered my question”

“What question?” Jongwoon asked.

“The question I just asked you” Ryeowook said, furrowing his brows in confusion.

“I-I don’t remember” Jongwoon said.

“That’s strange...” Ryeowook said, writing something down in his notebook “Now let me see if you can answer my question this time. Do you remember anything before waking up here?”

“I do...” Jongwoon answered.

“Do you mind sharing it with me?” Ryeowook asked cautiously.

Jongwoon nodded “I remember right before the crash. I remember getting into the car and driving. That’s all I remember”

“That’s all?” Ryeowook asked, writing in his notebook.

Jongwoon nodded.

“I’m glad I got something out of you today Jongwoon-ssi. I didn’t expect you to open up to me on the first session” Ryeowook said, pleased at the progress they made.

“Do I get a lollipop?” Jongwoon asked with a grin.

Ryeowook laughed but stopped when he realised the other man was being serious.

“I don’t see why not” Ryeowook said, opening his bag and pulling out a lollipop, which he was planning on giving to a child he was having a session with later on that day. He could always buy more lollipops.

Jongwoon made grabby hands at the sticky treat and Ryeowook handed it to him.

Jongwoon stuck the lollipop in his mouth and immediately spat it out.

“It’s strawberry. I hate strawberry” he said, looking away from Ryeowook.

“I-I’m sorry. It’s the only flavour I had” Ryeowook apologised, looking down.

“What made you think I wanted a lollipop anyway?” Jongwoon said.

“B-But you said before...”

“Who cares what I said before” Jongwoon snapped “Just leave”

“L-Leave?” Ryeowook asked.

“Get out” Jongwoon confirmed.

“O-Okay” Ryeowook said, making his way to the door.

And just when he thought they were making progress...

“Wait! Ryeowook-ssi, where are you going so suddenly?” Jongwoon called out.

Ryeowook turned around and gave Jongwoon a confused look.

“You told me to leave” Ryeowook said.

“No I didn’t” Jongwoon said, scratching his head “Why would I tell you to leave?”

“Yes you did” Ryeowook said “You told me to get out”

“I-I don’t remember” Jongwoon said “Is there something wrong with me Ryeowook-ssi?”

“I don’t know” Ryeowook sighed “I’ll go over my notes tonight and talk to you about it tomorrow”

“So you have to go?” Jongwoon asked.

Ryeowook nodded “I have to prepare for my next patient”

“Oh...I’ll see you tomorrow then?” Jongwoon asked.

“Yes, I’ll see you tomorrow Jongwoon-ssi” Ryeowook said before stepping out the door and making his way down the white hospital halls.

This new patient was strange. One minute he was sweet and kind the next he was horrible and distant. Ryeowook was going to get to the bottom of this. He will figure out what’s wrong with Kim Jongwoon and he will help him remember his life before the crash no matter what it takes.

~~~

A/N Sorry it took so long to update >< School is coming up and my laptop is broken so updates will take a little longer than expected. I hope you keep reading >~< More Kangteuk will come next! I hope to get it up today~