A Strange Meeting

Starving For Your Love

A/N First chapter is Kangteuk~ c:

Youngwoon frowned as he heard his stomach growl from lack of food. It had been weeks since he had last eaten anything and he was starting to get desperate, digging around in trash cans and eating anything he deemed as edible.

He was currently limping his way down the sidewalk receiving looks of disgust and the occasional look of pity from passers by.

Youngwoon tried to focus more on where he was going rather than the stares that were aimed at him and the harsh pain shooting through his leg every time he took a step.

Youngwoon stopped in front of a store. He usually stole from here. There were no security cameras or alarms and at this time of morning nobody was there.

He tried not to steal often and when he did he never stole much. I guess you could say he stole to survive.

Youngwoon made his way around to the side of the store and approached a window, knowing that the owner would always forget to lock it, climbed up and slid inside with ease.

~~~

Jungsoo yawned as he stacked the boxes onto the shelves in the backroom. His last two employees had quit their jobs yesterday. They said the store was too small and there weren’t enough customers so now Jungsoo was stuck doing everything. Last night he was doing paperwork until 2am and now he was up at 5am stacking boxes.

He really needed employees but the much larger store that had recently opened up just across the road had taken all of his employees and most of his customers.

Jungsoo sighed and rubbed at his tired eyes. He picked up another box, reaching up to the highest shelf to stack it when a noise startled him, almost making him drop the box.

Jungsoo frowned slightly in confusion. It was 5am, who would be here at this hour?

Jungsoo peered out from the backroom and into the store. He shook in fear at what he saw.

It was a man dressed in filthy clothes. He was had a larger build than Jungsoo but it was obvious how malnourished he was. He walked down one of the aisles with a limp and Jungsoo could tell from the look on his face that he was in pain.

Jungsoo bit his lip, wondering what to do. This man was obviously stealing and what if he had a gun?

Jungsoo contemplated calling the police but he was too scared to move from his spot by the door.

The man grabbed a simple loaf of bread from one of the shelves and limped his way over to an open window. He climbed out, not forgetting to close the window and like that he was gone...

Jungsoo blinked a few times before finally processing what had just happened.

Jungsoo rushed over to the phone behind the counter and called the cops.

"Hello this is the police. Officer Choi Siwon speaking. May we be of assistance?" a smooth voice asked.

Jungsoo's breath caught in his throat. Why was he doing this? It just didn't feel right...

"Umm...sorry, wrong number. I-I apologise for wasting your time officer" Jungsoo said before hanging up.

What was he thinking? This poor man was probably starving and all he took was a loaf of bread.

Jungsoo released the breath he had been holding and ran a hand through his blonde locks.

"Just forget about it Jungsoo, you're stressed enough as it is" he said to himself before heading back to the backroom.

~~~

Youngwoon sat on the sidewalk eating a slice of bread. People would occasionally step around him without even giving him a second glance and he would just sigh and continue to watch them. Sometimes he would wonder if they were grateful that they had someplace warm to sleep at night or if they were grateful they had proper food to eat. He was once like them, with a home and a wife before she divorced him and took everything from him. He didn't think anybody was cruel enough to do such a thing..

Youngwoon finished off the bread and curled up into a ball, trying to escape the cold wind. He felt someone kick him and laughter shortly following. Youngwoon chocked on a sob but held back the tears that threatened to burst out. He hated being treated like dirt...

~~~

Jungsoo waved goodbye to his most regular customer, an elderly woman who lives just down the road.

"Don't stress yourself out too much Jungsoo" she said.

"Don't worry about me" Jungsoo lied "I'm fine"

"Sure" she said, eyeing the young man suspiciously "I'll see you tomorrow then dear"

With that she was gone and Jungsoo checked his watch. It was closing time already.

Jungsoo locked the doors of his store and like most days he forgot to lock the side window even though someone had climbed through it that very morning.

He gave one last look over his little store and began walking down the sidewalk to get home.

It was an extremely cold night and Jungsoo couldn't wait to get home and wrap himself up in a blanket by his heater. Jungsoo smiled at that thought before tripping over a lump on the pavement and fell. He inspected his grazed palms and sniffled a bit. They stung so badly.

Jungsoo stood up and wiped the dirt from his jeans. He looked up and gasped at when he realised the lump he tripped on was actually a person. The same person who broke into his store earlier that day.

Jungsoo's eyes widened when he realised the man had no blanket or second layer of clothing. He must be freezing!

Jungsoo took off his own padded jacket without thinking twice and wrapped it around the sleeping man's shoulders.

The man made a noise in his sleep and Jungsoo smiled. Jungsoo spotted the loaf of bread, which the other was clutching onto tightly as if his life depended on it and Jungsoo felt his heartbreak. Nobody deserved to live like this.

Jungsoo dipped his hand into his pocket and pulled out his wallet, carefully pulling out 5000 won and stuffing it into one of the pockets of his old jacket.

"Now you probably won't have to steal for a while, right?" Jungsoo said with a chuckle.

Jungsoo quickly checked his watch and stood up.

"It's getting really late" he said "Sleep well"

Jungsoo gave the man one last glance. He had an extremely handsome face, even if it was covered in dirt, and he looked so peaceful as he slept despite the cold conditions and discomfort.

Before Jungsoo even knew what he was doing he knelt back down and kissed the homeless man's forehead before turning and walking off down the dimly lit street.

A/N Next chapter will be Yewook~