Night and Day - Part 1/4 - Night - Chapter 11

Night and Day - Part 1/4 - Night

Kyuhyun drove as fast as he dared, finally realising where Daejung was likely to have taken Yesung. Daejung's family had owned warehouses in an area just outside Seoul (or what had been outside Seoul at the time they'd known each other) and that was probably where they were now. Whether he'd done it himself or had someone do it for him, it made Kyuhyun's blood boil with a rage he hadn't felt in over a century. How had Daejung managed to find out about Yesung so quickly? They weren't even a couple (yet, though Kyuhyun still hoped) so why had he decided on Yesung as the means to get back at Kyuhyun?

He still didn't even know what was going on. Heeyoung had left him for Daejung, not the other way around, so this obsessive vendetta was puzzling. It didn't matter - either way, Kyuhyun was going to make him pay for everything he'd done and for the misery he had caused Heeyoung. And her descendant, Yesung.

"You don't need to have to tell what kind of person someone is," Yesung snapped.  What was it with vampires and asking for ?  "Not feeding from me is what makes him strong... he doesn't want to force himself on me..."  It was a sharp realization, the pain in his chest intensifying.  Kyuhyun wouldn't force himself on Yesung because... because he loved him.

Just as Yesung didn't want to hurt the vampire, wanted to take care of him... because...

A scream tore through Yesung's throat as he felt the fangs pierce his skin, struggling wildly as pain tore through him.  It hurt, heart thumping frantically out of control as he felt blood leaving his body.  It was only for an instant before the fangs were gone, Yesung going limp again with relief.  He felt a little light-headed but could still move.

"Bastard," he repeated, wishing there was something he could do... anything but just stand here like some sort of damsel in distress. How could Heeyoung have ever chosen Daejung over Kyuhyun?  Even if she had changed her mind after...

Frustrated and scared out of his wits, Yesung continued trying to escape the vampire's grip, kicking out at him.  "Let me go!"  he shouted, his wallet falling out of his pocket as he struggled.  "Psychopath!"

Getting fed up with Yesung's struggling, Daejung clamped his arms around Yesung and pulled him to one of the pillars inside the warehouse and chained him to the cement, standing back to admire his handiwork. It was then he noticed Yesung's wallet, the photos again scattered as they had been at Kyuhyun's house. One in particular caught his eye and he stared at it, then at Yesung, then went to pick up the wallet, grabbing the photo and waving it in front of Yesung's face.

"Where'd you get this?" he demanded, his voice harsh. "How did a photograph of Heeyoung end up in your wallet? Did Kyuhyun give you this?" His hatred of Kyuhyun grew, seeing the photograph of the woman they both loved. He wouldn't have put it past Kyuhyun at all. "Why?"

"What is he to you? I know he loves you, but what makes you so special that he gave you this and you accepted it?"

Daejung's rage grew until he couldn't stand it any more and he walked up to where he'd chained Yesung and pulled the human's head back, glaring into Yesung's eyes. "I am going to kill you in the most painful way imaginable, and he will watch before he dies," he growled, then turned as Kyuhyun burst into the warehouse, standing at the door holding his arm in pain and breathing heavily.

"Look who decided to join us," he smirked, leaning down and biting again at Yesung's throat, again taking just enough to scare Kyuhyun.

"NO!" Kyuhyun shouted desperately, surging forward. "Please, don't hurt him..."

Fighting against the chains as he was bound to the pillar, Yesung yelled in frustration when he found he couldn't move.  It was really going to end like this?  Just when things were finally looking for the better?

He didn't want to die yet... and Kyuhyun couldn't die either.

Seeing the photograph in the vampire's hand, Yesung went pale, pressing himself back against the pillar in an attempt to get away.  With the situation as it was, he didn't think it a good idea to inform Daejung of the relation between Heeyoung and himself... it would only add fuel to the fire.  Swallowing thickly, he pressed his lips firmly together and stayed silent.

It didn't stop a cry from escaping as his head was pulled back by his hair, the human becoming even more dizzy at the sharp movement.  "You won't get away with this," Yesung replied, dark eyes hard as he looked back at the vampire.  Fear was replaced by a strong defiance and acceptance that he was going to die... but that didn't mean he was going to go down without a fight.

Yesung's eyes widened when he saw Kyuhyun arrive.  No, he couldn't die too.  "Kyuhyun, RUN AWA—" the human broke off with another scream as he was bitten yet again, struggling against the chains but unable to go anywhere.  Going limp, he struggled for breath as he was released.  Whether it was just small amount of blood or not, it was adding up.

"Get out of here," he pleaded, forcing his eyes open to look at Kyuhyun.

Stopping halfway, Kyuhyun shook his head, visibly upset by what was happening to Yesung. "Daejung, please," he pleaded, his voice choking. "Let Yesung go and you can do whatever you want to me. Just leave him alone. He's not part of this..." Even if he was related to Heeyoung. "I'll do whatever you want, just... please..."

His arm throbbing in pain, Kyuhyun couldn't stand to see the pain in Yesung's eyes. "I'm sorry Yesung," he whispered softly, hoping the human would forgive him. "I can't leave you, I can't accept this. I can't let him.."

He was interrupted by Daejung's sharp voice, the photograph turned towards him. Shaken, Kyuhyun looked at Yesung, then at Daejung.

"Why did you give him this photograph?" Daejung demanded harshly, letting go of the chained Yesung and stalking towards Kyuhyun angrily. "Why do you have photographs of her when I don't? She left me looking for you... don't tell me she actually found you?"

Not sure what to say, Kyuhyun tried to stall. "I don't know what you're talking about, Daejung," he replied, trying to keep his voice calm. "She left me for you. That's all I know. I never saw her again after that..." It didn't seem to make any difference as Daejung caught him and shook him roughly.

"You're not only weak but you're a liar," he said venomously, throwing Kyuhyun to the ground and stepping on his bandaged arm, smirking as Kyuhyun screamed in anguish. "I will kill your lover and make you watch. Or maybe I'll make you kill him. How would you like that?"

Yesung stared at Kyuhyun as the vampire refused to leave, the pain in his chest rivaling the pain in his neck.  "You can't just stay here... he'll kill you," he managed to get out,  his body starting to shake again.  Tied to the pillar, there was absolutely nothing he could do.  Only watch.

Again the issue of the photograph came up.  Yesung stayed quiet, unsure what to say.  Instead he used the lack of attention on him to try and wiggle out of the chains.  Maybe if he could loosen them just a little... he could get out.

A shout of alarm escaped him, overrun by Kyuhyun's scream.  "Leave him alone!"  Yesung shouted.  "He's not weak, and he's not lying!" Struggling against his bindings, Yesung tried to get free.  "The photograph belongs to me, not him!  He didn't have anything to do with it!"  He purposely tried not to think about being killed... or being killed by Kyuhyun.

"Yesung, don't..." Kyuhyun whispered hoarsely, looking up from his position on the floor. "Please..."

Daejung looked at Yesung, a derisive smile on his face. "Why would it be yours? You have no connection to Heeyoung, but Kyuhyun does..." He pulled Kyuhyun up, ignoring the vampire's grimace of pain. "I think it would bring Kyuhyun more pain to be the one to kill you..." Shoving Kyuhyun at Yesung and laughing as he saw Kyuhyun stumble and nearly fall again, Daejung's expression was haughty.

"Either way he dies, and then you die, Kyuhyun. You stole Heeyoung from me and she died. I stole Yesung from you and he is going to die. And then it will be your turn..."

Kyuhyun Daejung angrily. "Why do you keep insisting it's my fault?" he asked angrily. "Why not look at yourself and the way you tried to force her to be something she didn't want to be. She never wanted to be one of us, not even for you. Didn't that tell you something? She was fine with being human and I never wanted to hurt her. That's why I left when she...." He bowed his head with grief. "When she left me for you. I never did understand why she did that..."

The other vampire's expression never changed. "Because I told her I would kill you if she didn't," he said, enjoying the look of shock on Kyuhyun's face. "Even she didn't believe you were strong enough... how does that make you feel? Even your beloved Heeyoung thought you were too weak..."

Kyuhyun remained silent, not knowing what to say. He hadn't known but it didn't hurt as much as Daejung seemed to think it did to find out that Heeyoung hadn't believed he could beat Daejung. He didn't believe he could either, so how could he blame her for thinking the same?

"Bastard," Yesung breathed, hardly able to believe what he was hearing.  Daejung had forced Heeyoung to choose him over Kyuhyun... she never even had the choice. But he felt he finally understood how she had felt.  She had loved Kyuhyun and wanted to protect him.  He understood that, because he wanted to protect Kyuhyun as well.

"She didn't think he was weak," Yesung snapped, stopping his struggle long enough to give Daejung a glare of pure hatred.  "She wanted to protect him because she loved him, and that's something that you do when you love someone.  You'd do anything to make sure they're safe, even if it means giving up your own life... not that someone like you could ever understand that."

Talking was all he could do for the moment, as much as it hurt.  Looking at Kyuhyun briefly, Yesung returned his gaze to Daejung, his eyes narrowed.  

"She was my great-grandmother... and I know she loved him because I love him too, and that isn't something you can force someone else to feel, you sick bastard."

Daejung's head snapped around as Yesung began to speak, a smirk growing on his face that disappeared as Yesung admitted that he was related to Heeyoung. While he couldn't be sure Yesung was telling the truth, the expression on Kyuhyun's face seemed to confirm it and he moved back to where Yesung was chained to the pillar.

"Even more of a reason for me to kill you now then, isn't it?" he snarled, glancing at Kyuhyun who'd looked up in shock at Yesung's admission. So the human brat hadn't told Kyuhyun of his feelings until now? What a sappy pair these two were, making Daejung even more determined to break them. "That way I get my revenge on her too, even if not her directly. You'll do well enough..."

"No, Daejung," Kyuhyun said softly, stumbling to his feet and moving forward slowly. "Please, let me take his place. You know already that I love him and am willing to die for him, so just let him go. I'm even willing to be the weak vampire you think I am, just so you can tell the others how weak I was before you killed me."

"Let Yesung go..." He fell to his knees. "I'm even willing to beg for his life..." Looking at Yesung with tears in his eyes, Kyuhyun apologised. "I'm sorry, Yesung, but I am willing to do whatever it takes to save your life. I love you and would die for you..."

Yesung stared at Daejung defiantly, his heart going a mile a minute.  He had always known he would die early anyways, why not now?  As long as Kyuhyun stayed alive, that was all that mattered.

Seeing Kyuhyun get to his knees beside him, Yesung's eyes widened.  "Kyu, don't," he protested, heart aching at the tears in the other man's eyes.  "Don't give him the satisfaction."  

Struggling against the chains again, he was startled to find it give slightly.  Pausing, he carefully leaned against the binding, slowly loosening it further.

"Get up and run!" he shouted, his eyes focused on Kyuhyun.  "Please Kyuhyun... I'm going to die one day anyways," his voice lowering to a whisper.  "But you don't have to."

Hoping to bide time for Kyuhyun to get away, his head snapped up and he glared at Daejung.  "If you're going to kill me then just do it already," he snapped.  "Her blood runs through my veins, you've already tasted it for yourself.  Do you want your revenge or not?"

"Don't tempt me, brat," Daejung snapped, pulling Yesung's head back again. He had to admit he was very tempted, but he still wanted his revenge on Kyuhyun. His eyes fixed on Kyuhyun's face, he bit down on Yesung's throat again, draining him even more than he had the two previous times, though not enough to turn or kill him.

Kyuhyun's reaction startled him into letting go, however, as the vampire launched himself at Daejung with a cry of rage and grief.

"I said don't kill him!" he shouted, somehow finding the strength to tear Daejung away from Yesung, alarmed when he saw Yesung sag in the chains holding him to the pillar and the blood, Yesung's blood, dripping from Daejung's lips onto his shirt. "You can't kill him!"