Slightly Drunk

Brain Damaged

 

Fool.

Anger bubbled deep in his chest feeling his heart pound violently against his rib cage.

Jongwoon isn't worth it.

Scribbled words blinded Kyuhyun of an empty promise. Still smooth and wrinkled free, a note laid softly upon Kyuhyun's open palm exposing the neatly written ink sentences for all to see but only the the brown haired singer will ever take a peak. Every single word formed a sentence, then a complete thought. But it was all useless information.

My boy, I've seen your performances on stage and I must say I am proud. My son, Cho Kyuhyun had followed his dreams, even if I wanted a different path for you. Of course I'm not writing to praise you of your God gifted talents. I'll get to the point. Jongwoon. Do I have your attention now? Just come back home soon and we'll talk.

Angrily the singer balled his hand into a fist crumbling the paper underneath. He could clearly hear the paper wrinkle as in a laughing tone. With another feeling of frustration, Kyuhyun threw the balled up note against the wall ending up landing on the wooden floor.

Again Kyuhyun's father had actually avoided talking about the project done on Kim Jongwoon. His father hadn't actually lied, not promising any answers to his questions or even a specific topic. Yes, it was about Jongwoon, but it didn't direct the problem. It was just a game to see if the young man would follow directions, even if so many before ended up the same way. Kyuhyun just had to keep hoping and every time he was met with nothing.

Kyuhyun sat up from his unmade bed pacing around his small room he shared with Sungmin. He was lucky that Sungmin had decided to room with another member wanting to have a manly sleepover listening to music and what not. Of course Kyuhyun could care less seeing it as an opportunity to get his thoughts organized. In the end, his thoughts had become even more puzzled finding it even harder to put it back together.

“Kyuhyun?” a soft knock was heard against the wooden door with a worried voice speaking behind the barrier. Kyuhyun stopped mid stride standing up straight, his body froze trying not to move a muscle. “Kyu?” the voice came again with a sigh escaping the person's mouth. “Please open the door.”

Tilting his head coming up with a blank mind, the younger male obeyed walking slowly toward the wooden object. His brown eyes looked over at the golden colored handle seeming to think twice from opening it. The person on the other side must be impatient but Kyuhyun knew that the male would wait. It was part of the elder’s instinct.

With a shake of his head, Kyuhyun tried to relax his body his muscles deflating and his bones cracking. His cold white hand opened the spear object hearing a click from the door signaling it had open. On the other side, Jungsu, or most commonly known as Leeteuk, stood before him.

Without saying a single word, Jungsu pushed himself into the brown haired man's room his eyes scanning the place. The bed was messy, pillows thrown against the wall ending up on the floor. Papers and books scattered across the desk but Jungsu could not read the words. Clothes were piled high on one corner and ties were hanging loosely on the headboard of the bed.

“I promise I'll clean it later. I was busy,” the singer spoke in a groggy voice making it clear to the leader that he must have been drinking last night. Jungsu squinted his eyes wondering how the youngest member brought beer into his room. The rest of Super Junior didn’t visit a bar nor brought any six packs. There was also no beer bottles in sight.

Jungsu faced Kyuhyun with a stern look. “Have you been drinking?”

“No-”

“I could smell it. Don’t lie to me Cho Kyuhyun.”

A gulp of saliva seemed to have difficulty passing through the singer’s throat. He avoided the elder’s gaze finding the balled up letter to be interesting. His heart pounded steady just realizing now that his head seemed to be pounding. Too many thoughts were flying against his skull causing his vision to become a little blurry.

Beer, vodka, and whatever alcoholic drink Kyuhyun could find satisfied his needs. It was a sin to drink as much as he did last night as he was stumbling on the streets after his visit from his father. How Kyuhyun ended up in his bedroom window and not get caught, only he knows.

The younger’s eyes glanced quickly to the bathroom knowing very well what hides behind those doors. Colorful broken glass would be covering the tiled floor with the alcoholic liquid plugging the pipe drain in the sink. It would smell like a sleazy bar hidden underground away from public eyes. And if you look closer on the bathroom floor and walls, you would see a bit of blood from the time Kyuhyun had been so angry and accidentally slicing the skin on his arm.

A cold chill passed through the younger’s skin pulling his sleeve over his left hand wanting to hide away the scar he earned. He could still feel the stinging pain as he tried to wipe it away with the beer from his bottle. It stung like hell but it was comforting to know he was able to feel something.  

Jungsu saw the little movement of Kyuhyun’s hand. He glared a bit wondering what he was hiding behind those sleeves. Just now the leader noticed how the younger looked. He was messy, everything about him was in shambles. Kyuhyun was still wearing the suit he had worn last night and it was the exact same outfit he left with. The difference was that a few buttons were missing and the collar was ripped.

“Where were you last night? I tried to call you,” Jungsu spoke softly seeing as Kyuhyun avoided his gaze. The elder took a step closer toward him with every movement planned.

“Don’t touch me,” Kyuhyun growled. The other male took a step back.

“Kyuhyun, tell me what’s-”

“I’m leaving. Don’t follow me.” with those words said, the younger left the room but not before going over to his paper covered desk to grab a bulky leather book. He tucked it away in his suit jacket fully aware that Jungsu was watching him carefully.

Kyuhyun must still be drunk. That’s what Jungsu was thinking. He might still be hungover making his emotions scrambled and unreadable. Maybe, maybe the leader of Super Junior should follow the other just to make sure he wasn’t going around causing trouble. It was less about causing scandals and more about protecting Kyuhyun.

Before Jungsu could do anything, Kyuhyun was gone. Hastily the elder made his way to the bedroom window just in time to see a green Toyota driving off.

---

“What the hell does this mean?”

“Shh,” the librarian peeked from behind a shelf with a glare set on her eyes. She slowly slid back fixing her cliché librarian glasses before she completely disappeared from sight.

“Tsk, old annoying woman,” Kyuhyun muttered under his breath. It’s been five times since that lady arrived shushing him like a teacher telling their students to be quiet during a test. She was annoying but she was just doing her job. She does her thing and Kyuhyun has his own job to do.

The sounds of the page turning through the leather notebook was slicing the harsh tension the singer was feeling. The notebook in his hands were filled with information that is difficult to crack. Everything within the covers are words. Words written only by Kyuhyun’s father.

It’s been three hours straight that Kyuhyun had stayed in the library looking through pages and pages through the notebook. He’s also been looking through the old books that pile the public library. He was just lucky that he remembered to have his disguise hidden in his car to be able to be seen in public.

He was about to pick a book from a nearby shelf until his phone started to ring throughout the aisle. Of course the lady started to shout to turn it off but Kyuhyun answered it before she started to come back to his direction.

“Jungsu, I told you not to-”

“Jongwoon collapsed and now he’s in the hospital with a bleeding head. Kyuhyun? You there? Answer me! Why are you not speaking? Did you even hear me? Cho Kyuhyun!”

Gone.

Kyuhyun was gone.