48

Right Next To Me

Narrator

 

Daehyun walked in the dorm. Then he felt a fist connect to his left cheek.

“That’s for playing hard to get, Jung Daehyun.” Himchan glared at him.

“Hyung!” Jongup pulled the older male, as Daehyun tried to stop his lip from bleeding.

“She….wanted to talk to you…so many times…she tried.” Himchan hissed at him.

“Hyung, please stop it.” Jongup said.

Himchan shrugged him off and went to his room, then they could heard him slam his door.

Daehyun frowned and put his hand down.

“You know Dae,”

Yongguk walked in the room with his car keys.

“Himchan never had a sibling, he treated Nayoung as the younger sister he never had. That’s why he’s mad at you. But don’t worry, I’m sure he’ll come around.” He said before leaving.

Daehyun started for the stairs.

“Daehyun hyung.” Jongup called after him.

Daehyun turned to look at him.

“Don’t worry too much, I’m sure noona will be better soon. She’s a strong lady.”

 

Daehyun closed the door behind him and plopped on his bed. He took out his cellphone and gazed at the only photo he had of Nayoung.

It was a photo Zelo had secretly taken while the two of them were talking at drag strip.

The drag strip.

His jaw clenched as he remembered what had occurred that night.

He never expected Nayoung would do that. He would do everything to turn back time just to prevent her from getting hurt

He blamed himself for drinking too much.

He was the reason why Nayoung was on a hospital bed right now.

He blamed himself how he never noticed Nayoung’s feelings for her, despite of her being open and outgoing, she was never expressive of her feelings.

Daehyun sighed and sat up. It was already late at night, and he couldn’t sleep. There was only one place he knew where he could relax.

 

Changmin put down his phone.

“Stop it. Nayoung’s still in here, and yet you still want her to get married?!” He snapped.

“Son~” His mother reasoned.

“Tell me, is Na seeing someone right now?” His father finally spoke up.

They were inside Nayoung’s room.

“Well..” Changmin stalled.

“Is there another man, Changmin-ah?”

“It’s me.” A voice joined them.

Everyone turned towards the door.

“You!” Mrs. Shim blinked.

“You’re the person our Nayoung saved.”

Daehyun nodded and stepped in the room.

“Abeoji this is~”

“Good evening, mister Shim. I’m Jung Daehyun.” He bowed politely.

“Jung Soogeun’s son?” Mrs. Shim voiced. Daehyun could only nod.

“He’s Yunho hyung’s younger brother, eomma.” Changmin added.

“Jung Banking Group.” The elder Shim stated.

Daehyun nodded.

“What do you mean but saying that it’s you?”

“I started liking Nayoung when I first saw her at the race track. She taught me a lot and made me realize some things that I never really cared about. She was…always there.” Daehyun murmured.

“I know it might be very disrespectful for me to say this, but I love your daughter. And if only I could…stop the accident from happening I would.” He said as he looked up.

The elder Shim smiled.

“I knew it.” He smiled and he rubbed his hands together.

Everyone in the room looked at him, even his wife.

 

“What do you mean, abeoji?” Changmin asked.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++