46

Right Next To Me

 

Narrator

 

Daehyun put the leather file on his desk and loosened his tie. He closed his eyes briefly as he remembered Nayoung earlier.

He missed her so much.

For the first time, he was willing to fight for a girl, but he felt so played.

He was always so sure that Nayoung didn’t have feelings for Myungsoo anymore.

But now, he wasn’t sure.

And he preferred not to think about it.

 

 

“Motorcycle drag racing?” Nayoung blinked. She was having a quick lunch with Junhee.

“Yeah, its something new. You want to come by and watch later?” Junhee asked.

“I’ll try. I have a few things to finish at work with my brother.”

“Seriously Na, you should come and check it out. Its going to be exciting.”

Nayoung nodded, Junhee bit her lip and looked at her friend.

“Did you tell Daehyun already?” She asked.

“He wouldn’t give me any time of day. Let him be.” Nayoung clipped.

Junhee frowned.

“He has to know, Na. He loves you.”

“He doesn’t even look at me. Let the issue be, Junhee.”

 

Junhee was right, the motorcycle event was big. There were a lot of media at the dragstrip. She was hanging out with Yongguk and the guys when she saw Daehyun sitting alone on one of the bleachers.

“What’s with Daehyun?”

“Don’t mind him, Hee. I tried talking to him about Na. He wouldn’t budge.” Youngjae said.

“But they look so good together.” She sighed.

“All I can say is that, if they don’t work this out, I’m going to kill Daehyun hyung myself.” Zelo stated.

Everyone stared at Zelo.

“I mean, look at them! Nayoung noona’s the only girl who can stand his aloofness and rude attitude. She makes him smile. And now Daehyun hyung’s ignoring her! I don’t see the point in it!” He snapped. Jongup nodded slowly, and patted the maknae’s back as if to calm him.

“Don’t you think we should stop him? He looks drunk already.”Himchan murmured as he eyed the younger male again.

 

Nayoung arrived with her brother.

“It’s been a while, huh,oppa?” She grinned as she pulled over. They were using his brother’s Aston Martin.

“You still drive like a madwoman, Na.” Changmin muttered as he stepped out of the car and looked at the place. The entire strip was filled with people and the media.

“I want to watch the race, will you be okay if I go ahead?” Changmin asked his sister.

“I’m fine oppa, go ahead. Take your time.” She grinned as she walked away from the car and searched for Junhee.

“Hee!” Nayoung called, Junhee looked up from her position, she was leaning on the Ranger Rover’s hood, Youngjae smiled at her as she approached them.

“Glad you could come, Na.”

Nayoung grinned and lifted herself up and sat on the hood.

“Hello princess. What do you think about the race?” Himchan asked.

“I havent seen one, oppa. But I think~”

Changmin was waving to her.

“Wait, my brother’s calling me.”

 

Daehyun watched as Nayoung detached herself from his friends. Then he remembered the last time Nayoung was walking around the dragstrip alone. He tossed the empty beer can in his hand and leaped off the railing.

 

Changmin pointed towards the two KTM bikes who were drifting.

“What do you think, Na?”

“It’s daebak oppa.” She watched in awe their wheels skid on the pavement.

Then she noticed Daehyun also watching the race, he looked unsteady as he walked towards the plastic barricades.

Then he tripped, tumbling over barriers that protected the audience.

Nayoung’s eyes widened as she saw the two riders making their way towards Daehyun.

“Jung Daehyun!”

 

 

Daehyun had just stood up when he felt something- someone push him with such force that sent him plummeting to the ground.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++