Chapter 3

The Island

 

 

“No! No! Minho hyung! Umma, let me go! I need to go to him, please,” Taemin cried.

“Taemin please, I know how you feel. Jonghyun hyung and Onew hyung are up there too, but there’s nothing we can do,” Key whimpered trying to hold back his tears and be strong for Taemin. Quickly, Key pulled Taemin back into their room then up to his bedroom and into the closet.

“We will be safe here,” Key whispered hugging Taemin tightly to make sure he didn’t leave the closet and to provide him comfort.

“Minho hyung i-is he…gone?” Taemin sobbed.

“I don’t know Taebaby, just be strong, okay?” Key said holding Taemin tighter, he was trying to fight back the tears, but even he couldn’t anymore. The screams from above frightened him so much.

“I’m so worried…hyung’s,” Taemin sobbed.

They both closed their eyes trying to block out all the screams and sounds from just a few floors above, then suddenly, it all stopped. Silence. That’s all they could hear, and it was more terrifying than the screams. Millions of thoughts crossed their minds and none of them good.

Taemin once more began to cry “the others didn’t come back.”

“Shh, they would be hiding,” Key cooed.

“Check everywhere.” 

“Why do we have to find them?”

“Because they are the only ones in the luxury floor, the others are searching the other floors, so we got the easy job."

“And how do we know they’re here?”

“Because the idiot at the elevator pressed the last floor.”

Taemin and Key froze dead still. Taemin slapped a hand over his mouth and Key did the same.

“There are five in here, right?”

“That’s what the forms say, five. Three have been taken care of, but we couldn’t find the other two upstairs.”

Key and Taemin could hear footsteps coming up the stairs. They held their breaths and held onto each other like a lifeline.

“Pff I remember, the two buff guys and the idiot who knocked himself out?” The first man laughed

Key’s heart felt like it dropped to his stomach and Taemin let out a half sob but tried to hold it back, it was so hard when they were been told that their loved ones have been ‘taken care of.’

“You hear that?”

Taemin and Key heard chuckling and footsteps coming closer and closer they seemed like they stopped right outside the closet door where Key and Taemin were hiding.

“Little kitty little kitty little-lost cat, where in the world do I find you at?”

One of the men sung, his voice so creepy while singing it, Taemin and Key shivered, and goose bumps covered every inch of their bodies.

The closet door was ripped open. “Oh, there you are my little kittens,” a man smirked pointing an automatic gun at them.

“Oh gods,” Key whimpered holding Taemin tighter just waiting to be shot dead.

“Come on, get up,” the first man ordered.

Taemin looked at Key not wanting to get up. Key chewed on the bottom of his lip trying to work out a plan, but in reality, they had no choice if they wanted to survive this. Key stood up pulling Taemin with him.

“Let’s go,” the first man ordered grabbing Key roughly. A second man grabbed Taemin pulling him away from his umma.

“No! Stop! Give Key umma back!” Taemin cried.

“Calm down,” the man ordered then pushed Taemin into a wall face first and cuffed his hands behind his back.

Key’s capture also did the same thing hissing at the tightness around his wrists.

“Let’s go,” Key’s captor ordered and began to push them out.

They were lead to the elevator, and Taemin captor pressed the bottom for the elevator to come down to them.

“No! We’re not going in that,” Taemin gasped struggling.

“Settle down,” the man ordered.

“No, please no, please, I beg of you to go up the stairs,” Taemin yelled beginning to cry.

Key felt so sorry for his baby, but he knew the unlikeliness of them taking the stairs.

“Grow up,” Key’s captor snapped as Taemin began to cry. The elevator open and they were pushed inside.

“No! No! Let me out! Get me out of here!” Taemin screamed as the doors closed.

“What’s wrong with you? You're pissing me off,” Taemin captor roared as he slapped Taemin’s face. A large red handprint already beamed on his cheek. Tears streamed down his face.

“He’s afraid of elevators! It’s not his fault,” Key snapped.

“It’s an elevator, stop being stupid,” Taemin captor snapped at Taemin who had begun panicking, his breathing began to get deep and jiggered as he began to have a panic attack.

“He’s panicking,” Key gasped struggling to get out his captors arms and to Taemin.

“Umma,” Taemin cried. “I can’t breathe,” he gasped then fell to his knees.

The two men looked confused and didn’t do a thing to help. Key's captor just held tighter as he struggled to get to Taemin.

After a moment the elevator opened and they were pushed out. Taemin was more than thrilled to get out of that machine. He tried to catch his breath, but he was shaking badly in fear from what had happened.

Key looked around trying to work out what happened, there was blood, but there was no people or bodies around.

“Umma, where’s Minho hyung?” Taemin asked breathlessly as his capture pushed him to be beside the elder.

“I don’t know baby. It will be okay,” Key smiled lightly.

 

~*~*~*~*

Jonghyun sat with Onew's head in his lap, he was terrified, pirates or something just boarded the ship and began shooting. People got hurt, and now everyone was sitting and down tied up. Men had been separated from the women and children. The women and children had been placed onto one of the boats that attached itself to the cruise ship that caused it to rock dangerously for a while. He only hoped that his lover and Taemin hadn’t been captured and placed with the woman. Jonghyun shivered at the thought of what would happen if that was true.

“Do you think they’re alright?” Minho asked as he leant on Jonghyun not only for comfort but warmth, it was freezing on deck.

“Key will look after Taemin,” Jonghyun promised.

Minho felt his stomach drop; it didn’t matter if Key protected his lover or not, in the end, if one of them was hurt then surely the other would be too.

“Sir, that’s all the men,” a masked man said then removed his mask.

A tall buff man laughed then removed his mask as well “very well, quite a few of you, aren’t there.”

Minho gulped, if they had captured everyone; where were Taemin and Key?

“Isn’t that the captain?” Jonghyun whispered.

Minho cocked his eyebrow and nodded “isn’t the other guy the one who stamped our tickets?”

Jonghyun nodded “this was planned.”

Minho’s heart sped up, just what had they gotten themselves into?

“Now, I bet you are all wondering about your wives and children?” The captain spoke. A few people murmured in the crowd. “Well don’t worry, they will be disposed of quickly and humanely."

The crowd uproared, and Jonghyun and Minho felt panicked; what if Key and Taemin had been put on the ship with women!

“Now, we are going to evaluate all of you; you will then be split into groups, if you don’t belong in a group you can join the women,” the captain spoke.

 

~*~*~*~*~

Key smiled slightly; he could see just Jonghyun and Minho all the way at the back of the crowd, his smile stopped when the captain spoke, and his heart panicked when he was told they would be split up. 

One by one they were called out, grabbed and dragged to the captain who looked at a sheet of paper then looked at the victim and told which group they were in.

Key listened, there were so many groups; engineering, mining, building, servantry, manufacturing and other, just as examples. Many men had so far had been put onto the women’s boat because they were too old or something. It wasn’t a place he wanted to go. In fact, Key decided he didn’t want to be here anymore and wanted to go home now.

“Kim Kibum, age twenty-one,” the captain spoke.

Key’s breath hitched in his throat, and he was grabbed and taken to the captain.

“Hmm, not worth much. Your sheet profile is impressive but, barely an ability,” the captain spoke.

Key whimpered as the man his lips and looked up and down at his body.

“Place him in servants group,” the captain said.

Key’s eyes widened as he was dragged to the corner with the only two other servants.

 

~*~*~*~

“He’s here. Oh thank gods,” Jonghyun smiled breathing a sigh of relief.

“Jongh-...what's happened?” Onew groaned as he stirred awake.

“Hyung, you need to wake up,” Jonghyun said shaking his knee to try to wake his hyung up more. Slowly, Onew opened his eyes and sat up, fear evident in his eyes.

“Where’s Taemin and Key?” Onew asked.

“Key was taken over there. I don’t know where Taemin is,” Minho informed his hyung.

Onew looked in the direction of where Minho was looking and spotted Key sitting next to two others near a man with a gun.

“What’s happening? Why is Key over there?” Onew asked, his anger boiling.

“They’re separating us into groups,” Jonghyun said.

Onew’s heart raced as the thought of them all being separated.

“Choi Minho, age twenty,” the captain spoke.

“No, Minho you can’t go,” Onew protested.

“Sorry hyung,” Minho said giving his hyung a weak smile before a man forced him to stand and walk to the front of the crowd.