Epilogue

60 Seconds

He looks around the white room. It’s already being tidied up. He fondly looks around the room, aware of the fact that it’ll probably be the last time he’ll ever occupy the room.

Well, he promises to himself that he won’t be back in the hospital again.

“You’ve prepared,” a voice startles him. Baekhyun is looking at him with a ghost of smile around his lips.

“Well, yeah,” Chanyeol simply says. “Where’s Sehun?”

Baekhyun’s smile turns into a grim line. “Well, I don’t know. I tried calling him earlier, but he didn’t pick up.”

Chanyeol’s expression eventually mirrors that of Baekhyun’s.

 

 

 

The ride back home is rather silent. It’s a rather weird atmosphere for Chanyeol, for what he knows that Baekhyun paired with anyone else (especially with Kris on the driver’s seat) will be as loud as a celebratory New Year’s trumpets. It doesn’t really help Chanyeol’s grim mood, who has just received the news that Sehun is practically nowhere to be found, according to Kris, who had gone to the said man’s house beforehand to find it empty.

He doesn’t really like the possibilities in his mind. Something along the lines of Sehun leaving him again for other promises that he might have made, probably with another man or something.

He wishes it isn’t the case.

 

 

 

“Ready to go back to your house again?” Kris inquires before he reaches the doorknob.

Once the door is opened, he finds his living room just fine, just like the way he left it. He notices the wooden floor looks kind of shiny.

He glances sideways to Baekhyun.

The couple leads Chanyeol into the house, with Kris holding the single luggage that was brought to the hospital for Chanyeol’s personal needs.

“Sit down first,” Baekhyun says as he leads Chanyeol to the sofa. Chanyeol sits down in a haze. His mind is still with Sehun. He just wishes that the negative possibilities that he’s been thinking about is proven false. Perhaps he’s been formulating a plan to welcome him home, by pretending that he’s gone again like before, and then he asks Kris and Baekhyun to sit him here on the sofa because he wants to hide himself in the kitchen with the welcome home cake and banner being readied for the occasion. Perhaps now he’ll come and close his eyes with his hand—

Suddenly his vision becomes dark. And he knows it’s because a pair of hands are closing his eyes.

“W-what is this?” Chanyeol asks, but no one answers. He reaches out to hold onto the hands wrapping around his eyes—

And he realizes the hands have a familiar feeling, very close to what he’d call a home.

“Sehun?”

He gets up carefully from the sofa and the hands become loose. He can finally see clearly.

When he turns around, he meets sight with the crinkling eyes and stupid smile of Oh Sehun.

“Welcome home!”

Then, from the corner of his eyes, he sees a guy holding a welcome home cake on a medium-sized plate and two others holding a big banner with the writing “Welcome Home Chanyeol Hyung!”.

Slowly but surely, a big grin appears on Chanyeol’s face. It’s probably the biggest grin he’s ever had in his whole life.

Sehun spreads his arms, asking for a hug, and Chanyeol gives in. They wrap each other in the warmth shared only between the two of them.

Even though it’s kind of awkward with the sofa ing them.

“Now kiss!” A voice shouts from behind. Sehun breaks the hug after recognizing Minseok’s voice exclaiming such thing, with Jongin grinning beside him. Joonmyun, who holds the cake, also smiles to him while urging to do what Minseok has just exclaimed.

Before he’s able to seek for Kris and Baekhyun’s permission, Chanyeol has taken him first into the kiss.

They can hear people cheering around them during the kiss.

When they break it, Chanyeol can now see Sehun’s flushed face. So that’s how your face looks like.

“Well, Hyung, you better cut the cake now!” Sehun takes the cake from Joonmyun’s hand, and shoves a plastic knife to Chanyeol.

This time, Chanyeol grins again. “Can I make a wish first?”

“This isn’t your birthday,” Sehun muses, “but do as you wish, Hyung.”

“Okay then.”

 

There’s only one thing I can wish for me. For you. For us.

May our love keep us together, till death do us apart.

 

 

>>><<<

OTL sorry for the cheese >< I am not really satisfied with the outcome of this fic, but then again, this is a ChanHun fic and I love ChanHun xD Thank you for the subscribers that has stayed with this fic and I'll see you later in another fic (well if I have the chance to write any xD)